What's new

Jordanian Armed Forces JAF

Congratulations for liberating Kobani.

Shukran brother.

Syria Kurds mourn Jordan pilot as 'martyr' of Kobane
40f82dae-dad3-4324-a94a-9d75ac8fe2a6_16x9_600x338.jpg

A Jordanian girl holds a poster of pilot Moaz al-Kasaesbeh. (Reuters)

AFP, Beirut
Wednesday, 4 February 2015
Syrian Kurdish fighters in the battleground town of Kobane commemorated Jordanian pilot Moaz al-Kasasbeh as a "martyr" after his brutal execution by their jihadist foes, an activist said Wednesday.

"After the killing of Moaz was announced, troops from the People's Protection Units (YPG) in Kobane and in liberated villages nearby gathered to mourn the pilot's death, and to hold a minute of silence in his honor," Mustafa Ebdi told AFP.

"He is one of Kobane's martyrs -- everyone is proud of him," Ebdi said, referring to the slain pilot's participation in the US-led air campaign in Syria, which helped Kurdish fighters liberate the town from the Islamic State group last week.

The YPG's political arm, the Democratic Union Party (PYD), vowed to avenge IS's killing of Kassasbeh and Japanese fellow captives Kenji Goto and Haruna Yukawa.

The recapture of Kobane "is just the beginning of the defeat of those monsters, so that humanity can be free from them for ever", it said.

From Kurdish kids inside Kobani
B9AbiRTIEAQmdMW.jpg:large

B9ApmqoIEAEqLbg.jpg:large

Jordan to cooperate with Peshmerga to fight IS
110.jpg

Waar, Duhok:

Jordan has threatened to heavily respond to the Islamic State (IS) for burning a Jordanian pilot alive recently.

Jordanian Media Minister Muhammad al-Momni said that his country would support Peshmerga forces to repel and destroy IS.

He added that they would continue to contribute to the anti-IS coalition despite the burning of pilot Muath al-Kasasba, whose jet crashed during a mission near Raqqa in December, by IS militants.

Kurds have always had close ties to Jordan. Both historical and modern.
IMAGE635350491766305589.jpg

images

Kurds won't forget that the Great King Abullah II urged coalition countries to provide support Kurdish forces fighting ISIS in Kobani with weapons.

There's aggressors right north of his location, he should bomb them. What are the excuses for refraining in doing so?
That they didn't make the stupid mistake of attacking Jordan. Alqaeda in Iraq which changed to name to isis or islamic state bombed several hotels in Jordan in 2005, after that Jordan and the U.S. killed the masterminds of that attack. In 2013, they said they are coming to Jordan and that they will cut off the head of our king. In 2014, they plotted to blow up several locations in Irbid (my hometown) but failed. And finally they killed our pilot the martyr Muath. After all this, we will come after them with all we've got. On the other hand, Assad has not attacked Jordan.

But, the Iraqis asked you for such arming?.
The Sunni Iraqis, yes, In return for their support in this war.

But, the Iraqis asked you for such arming?.

Some tribal leaders did, but the support they received is minimum, almost nothing. Jabouri is thinking about going to Iran if US isn't going to help. According to news sources.

The tribal leaders requested 10.000 US forces in Anbar, they don't feel like doing the job by themselves.

That they didn't make the stupid mistake of attacking Jordan. Alqaeda in Iraq which changed to name to isis or islamic state bombed several hotels in Jordan in 2005, after that Jordan and the U.S. killed the masterminds of that attack. In 2013, they said they are coming to Jordan and that they will cut off the head of our king. In 2014, they plotted to blow up several locations in Irbid (my hometown) but failed. And finally they killed our pilot the martyr Muath. After all this, we will come after them with all we've got. On the other hand, Assad has not attacked Jordan.

The Sunni Iraqis, yes, In return for their support in this war.
So, you ignore the Iraqi government and go directly to its citizens!!!!.But isnt that interfering with another country domestic afair. will you be happy if Iraqis do to you the same?.

So, you ignore the Iraqi government and go directly to its citizens!!!!.But isnt that interfering with another country domestic afair. will you be happy if Iraqis do to you the same?.
Well first, Iraq has allowed Jordan to conduct airstrikes in its territory. And second, the Iraqi army is receiving support from Jordan as much as Jordan can give (regarding weapons). The Sunnis in the north have many grievances and they are crucial to defeating daesh, so Jordan can help calm their grievances in return for their support. They want more autonomy in the north for Sunnis and there should also be more autonomy for the Kurds, if not full independance.

Well first, Iraq has allowed Jordan to conduct airstrikes in its territory. And second, the Iraqi army is receiving support from Jordan as much as Jordan can give (regarding weapons). The Sunnis in the north have many grievances and they are crucial to defeating daesh, so Jordan can help calm their grievances in return for their support. They want more autonomy in the north for Sunnis and there should also be more autonomy for the Kurds, if not full independance.

It actually has not accepted Arab states to conduct air strikes unless they just did in the last 48 hours. Abadi only accepted western states to conduct air strikes.

If Sunnis in the north have grievances than they don't need autonomy from Baghdad, they already have independence and live in their own Islamic state.

@Ahmed Jo

The man in picture is Saudi pilot. North of Saudi is Israel. With some geographical knowledge you'd know whom I'm referencing. :)

See what I try to say is this I have never read or heard any where that Iraq ask the Jordanian to arm the Sunnis in the west and north of the country.

Such move can make isis loyalist get hands on those weapons then worsining the situation.

I wish these news are wrong.

@Ahmed Jo

The man in picture is Saudi pilot. North of Saudi is Israel. With some geographical knowledge you'd know whom I'm referencing. :)
The man in the picture is Jordanian as can be seen by the Jordanian flag on his shoulder, normally a saudi pilot would wear a saudi flag :)

The man in the picture is Jordanian as can be seen by the Jordanian flag on his shoulder, normally a saudi pilot would wear a saudi flag :)

My bad, I remember seeing one just like that with Saudi pilot. Didn't notice patch. :)

See what I try to say is this I have never read or heard any where that Iraq ask the Jordanian to arm the Sunnis in the west and north of the country.

Such move can make isis loyalist get hands on those weapons then worsining the situation.

I wish these news are wrong.

Arab world operates in odd way. In Gaza , it is governed by Hamas. Yet PA tries initiating gas drilling deals with foreign nations.

Jordan isn't that kind of country. For sure any training or armament will go through the Iraqi government.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom