What's new

JORDAN AIR DEFENSE SYSTEMS

You know mate, air crafts are an integral part of air defense too so you guys seriously need to consider investing more in your air craft inventory !

of cource i dont take in personaly....but again you forced me to introduce our weapons
29 winch tor m-1
200 winch s-200
100 winch hawk
50 winch sam-6
?mesbah (home made)
in near future Iranian made bavar 373(copy of s-300)
5 winch s-300v(ordered for Syria)
? winch pantzir
every winch has 12 air defence systems
AESA radars
sth for giving some drones like RQ-170
lol
good luck
My friend don't take it as an insult but thats what I think. MIM-23 Hawk Phase III with MIM-23B/E Missiles is totally different from is totally different from old MIM-23 Hawk.
Phase III was a major upgrade which significantly enhanced the computer hardware and software for most components of the system, a new CWAR the AN/MPQ-62, added single-scan target detection capability, and upgraded the HPI to AN/MPQ-61 standard by addition of a Low-Altitude Simultaneous Hawk Engagement (LASHE) system. LASHE allows the Hawk system to counter saturation attacks by simultaneously intercepting multiple low-level targets. The ROR was phased out in Phase III Hawk units.

- S-200 is out of service in most armies and less effective against modern 4th and 5th gen jets.
- SA-15 is the only modern and effective system in Iran, but its in small numbers and its a short range air defense system.
- mesbah is a man-pad system but I think its not better than SA-24 or 18.
* Other systems you mentioned don't exist in Iran, except some reports claim Syria handed over 10 Pantsir systems to Iran.

This is mainly a defence forum, but members here post in fashion/non-related military threads 100 times more! I started four threads but got very few members. This is just unbelievable!

Good job, man, you are only Jordanian here! :tup:

Keep posting more pictures, more people will come to see interesting about Jordan. It takes times.

On this topic, Jordan Air Defence is mostly outdated from Soviet Union, I see pictures here that is old systems. Don't make same mistake, Libya's Air-Defences had similar systems.

Keep posting more pictures, more people will come to see interesting about Jordan. It takes times.

On this topic, Jordan Air Defence is mostly outdated from Soviet Union, I see pictures here that is old systems. Don't make same mistake, Libya's Air-Defences had similar systems.

what !!! patriot pack 3 is an old system, dude come on be logical

You know mate, air crafts are an integral part of air defense too so you guys seriously need to consider investing more in your air craft inventory !
I think what RJAF already has is enough, considering Jordanian total area:
64 F-16AM/BM MLU
34 Mirage F1
39 Northrop F-5E/F Tiger II
Air-to-Air missile
175 AIM-120C(125 AIM-120C7, 50 AIM-120C5)
225 R550 Magic
890 AIM-9J/P/M-9 (450 AIM-9J, 340 AIM-9P,100 AIM-9M9)
75 R.530
64 AIM-7M
75 Super 530

what !!! patriot pack 3 is an old system, dude come on be logical

This is also old system but good upgrading.

Patriot%2Bmissiles.jpg

b030306a.jpg

Jordan to deploy Patriots to protect Israel from Syrian attack, says Le Figaro | The Times of Israel

Jordan is to deploy four Patriot missile batteries to protect itself — and Israel — from possible air attack by Syria, the French newspaper Le Figaro reported on Thursday.

Quoting a European military expert, it said the the missile defense systems would be supplied by Germany, with US support. The US originally sold the systems to Germany 20 years ago.

The paper said Israel also privately supported the move.

The Patriots would be capable of intercepting Scud missiles fired by Syria en route to Israel, the expert reportedly said.

The paper noted that a cousin of Syrian President Bashar Assad’s, businessman Rami Makhlouf, had warned last May that Syria’s ongoing conflict would spread beyond its borders, to Israel, if the regime in Damascus felt threatened. “If there is no stability here, there will be none in Israel,” Makhlouf said.

Jordan is an ally of the USA and signed a peace treaty with Israel, and its actual involvement in the defense strategy is the clearest signal that the voltage has exceeded the warning level. Moreover, the combination of the Syrian war with the Iranian military exercises, already constitute a threat rather than concrete, in the dispute over Iran’s development of nuclear technology. Materially the missile batteries that Jordan will line up consisting of Patriot supplied by Germany, with permission of the U.S., but it is easy to see that behind the whole operation the Israeli state has a coordinator, as soon as possible to cover the flaw in your system defense. The task will be to Patriot missiles to intercept Scud missiles or m-600, which are available in the Syrian arsenal. For Jordan, but this initiative is going to create some internal problem, the presence on its territory, a large number of Palestinian refugees, who could become a source of protest against the decision to deploy missile defense operations for the benefit of Israel.

:)

All of those Systems were upgraded to the latest versions:

MIM-23 Hawk Phase III with MIM-23B/E Missiles
9K35 ZREB-BD Gopher (Upgraded & Manufactured by JELS)
http://www.jels-tech.com/images/pdf/short_range_air_defense.pdf
SA-8 OSA-AKM Launchers
ZSU-23-4M4 Shilka SPAAG
SA-24 182 Dzhigit launchers (2x Igla-S) on light vehicles

Those are pac-2 and different from pac-3. Jordanian foreign minister denied such reports. But it would be nice though.:yahoo:

Report: Jordan to Protect Israel with Patriots
Report: Jordan will place Patriot missile batteries on its territory to protect itself and Israel against air strikes from Syria.

Report: Jordan to Protect Israel with Patriots - Middle East - News - Israel National News

314173.jpg

Jordan will place four Patriot missile batteries on its territory, to protect both itself and Israel against air strikes originating in Syria, the French newspaper Le Figaro reported on Thursday.

A European Middle East expert told the newspaper that the missiles will be stationed in northern Jordan, near the city of Irbid which is located close to Jordan’s border with Syria. According to the report, Germany will provide Jordan with the Patriot batteries, which it bought from the U.S. after the Gulf War in 1991.

Le Figaro claimed that the U.S. has already agreed to place the missile batteries in Jordan, and various sources told the newspaper that Israel worked behind the scenes to help to implement the plan.

“The Patriot missiles would allow the interception of Scud missiles over the skies of Jordan, even before they reach Israeli territory,” the expert told the French newspaper, adding that Israel fears Syria will make use of M-600 Scud missiles, which have a range of 300 km, if Syrian President Bashar Assad is pressured enough and feels he has no choice but to divert attention by attacking Israel.

Experts have warned against a possible Syrian attack on Israel if Assad feels threatened by the anti-regime protesters in his country.

The Hizbullah terror group, which is backed by Iran and Syria, recently said it would do everything necessary to prevent Assad’s fall Assad as leader of Syria – even attacking Israel.

The group said it was working to ensure Assad's preservation as leader of the country, and that it has some “surprises” for anyone that tried to remove Assad from power.

The Israeli Defense Ministry and the Jordanian authorities refused to comment on the report in Le Figaro.

Report: Jordan to Protect Israel with Patriots
Report: Jordan will place Patriot missile batteries on its territory to protect itself and Israel against air strikes from Syria.

Report: Jordan to Protect Israel with Patriots - Middle East - News - Israel National News

314173.jpg

Jordan will place four Patriot missile batteries on its territory, to protect both itself and Israel against air strikes originating in Syria, the French newspaper Le Figaro reported on Thursday.

A European Middle East expert told the newspaper that the missiles will be stationed in northern Jordan, near the city of Irbid which is located close to Jordan’s border with Syria. According to the report, Germany will provide Jordan with the Patriot batteries, which it bought from the U.S. after the Gulf War in 1991.

Le Figaro claimed that the U.S. has already agreed to place the missile batteries in Jordan, and various sources told the newspaper that Israel worked behind the scenes to help to implement the plan.

“The Patriot missiles would allow the interception of Scud missiles over the skies of Jordan, even before they reach Israeli territory,” the expert told the French newspaper, adding that Israel fears Syria will make use of M-600 Scud missiles, which have a range of 300 km, if Syrian President Bashar Assad is pressured enough and feels he has no choice but to divert attention by attacking Israel.

Experts have warned against a possible Syrian attack on Israel if Assad feels threatened by the anti-regime protesters in his country.

The Hizbullah terror group, which is backed by Iran and Syria, recently said it would do everything necessary to prevent Assad’s fall Assad as leader of Syria – even attacking Israel.

The group said it was working to ensure Assad's preservation as leader of the country, and that it has some “surprises” for anyone that tried to remove Assad from power.

The Israeli Defense Ministry and the Jordanian authorities refused to comment on the report in Le Figaro.

This is how Middle East works, how Arab people are enemies of each other, be realistic!
Oh :laugh: I have just realized that Jordan did buy those systems but they weren't intended to protect anyone but Jordan.

Jordan Syria | Politics-Jordanian official denied that his country's preparations for the deployment of batteries (Patriot) anti-tank missiles on the border with Syria to protect the territory of the Kingdom and Israel from any possible air attacks from Syrian territory. (Ch.Q
Jordan Syria | Politics-Jordanian official denied that his country's preparations for the deployment of batteries (Patriot) anti-tank missiles on the border with Syria to protect the territory of the Kingdom and Israel from any possible air attac

Jordan denies deploying Patriot missiles

38(286).jpg

Jordan's Minister of State for Media Affairs and Communications and government spokesperson Rakan Al-Majali denied the kingdom was preparing to deploy Patriot anti-aircraft missiles on the Syrian border to protect the Kingdom and Israel from air raids from Syria.
Al-Majali added: "This news is media hype and part of a cold war, which Jordan is not part of."
He said that Jordan would now promote war and refusef any form of threats, and only took decisions conducive to the national interest.

French newspaper “Le Figaro” had cited a deal between Jordan and Germany sponsored by the US to deploy Patriot missiles on Jordan's border with Syria to defend itself and Israel from a Damascus air offensive.

Jordan and Saudi Arabia along with others ally against Syria, do you think Jordan Military ignore the unrest of Assad regime problems? No. Sometimes the public news didn't tell the whole truth.

:enjoy:

Jordan denies deploying Patriot missiles

38(286).jpg

Jordan's Minister of State for Media Affairs and Communications and government spokesperson Rakan Al-Majali denied the kingdom was preparing to deploy Patriot anti-aircraft missiles on the Syrian border to protect the Kingdom and Israel from air raids from Syria.
Al-Majali added: "This news is media hype and part of a cold war, which Jordan is not part of."
He said that Jordan would now promote war and refusef any form of threats, and only took decisions conducive to the national interest.

French newspaper “Le Figaro” had cited a deal between Jordan and Germany sponsored by the US to deploy Patriot missiles on Jordan's border with Syria to defend itself and Israel from a Damascus air offensive.

Jordan and Saudi Arabia along with others ally against Syria, do you think Jordan Military ignore the unrest of Assad regime problems? No. Sometimes the public news didn't tell the whole truth.

:enjoy:
I am sorry to say this, but your previous post about Arabs was reported to get deleted. The thread is about Jordanian air defense not Arab wars with Iran.

I am sorry to say this, but your previous post about Arabs was reported to get deleted. The thread is about Jordanian air defense not Arab wars with Iran.

Sorry, man! You want me to delete? If yes, let me know.

I am trying to make this thread useful and more information.

Sorry, man! You want me to delete? If yes, let me know.

I am trying to make this thread useful and more information.
If this is how you make it useful then plz don't post in this thread. I wasn't begging for attention in post 4# but rather I was willing to discuss about those systems and share ideas. Its boring to post thread that forum was mainly made for and no one post. I see that this forum is becoming more of entertainment and politics than military-related.

Back
Top Bottom