What's new

Joining army

Spartacus1

New Recruit

Reaction score
Hey, I am an 18 year old Pakistani born UK resident who is extremely interested in joining the Pakistani army. I moved to England at age 11 but would like to return to Pakistan when I'm older and joining the army would be my preferred course. I am fully aware of the rough environment and hardwork involved in an army career but I would just like to know what A level grades I am required to get in order to be eligible for the army, thanks.

If you have done A levels or its equivalent with atleast 60% marks then you are eligible......at the time of commission, you will have to surrender your british nationality.

Haha very encouraging, thank you. Any insights on my question though?

I heard that A level grades decrease when converted into FSC, any truth behind that? and yes I am aware of the nationality thing and I'm prepared to give it up.

Hey, I am an 18 year old Pakistani born UK resident who is extremely interested in joining the Pakistani army. I moved to England at age 11 but would like to return to Pakistan when I'm older and joining the army would be my preferred course. I am fully aware of the rough environment and hardwork involved in an army career but I would just like to know what A level grades I am required to get in order to be eligible for the army, thanks.

Hi.

Sorry for late reply , I have been really busy lately .

I dont have much info about A Levels , Only thing i know is ;

Candidates possessing qualifications such as ‘O’ level and ‘A’ level etc will be required to obtain Equivalence Certificate and conversion of marks from Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC), Ministry of Education, Islamabad and attach it with application form

And their Equivalence Criteria Is

A) GCE ‘O’ Level, GCSE, IGCSE and Equivalent:
GCE ‘O’ Level is considered equivalent to Secondary School Certificate (SSC) subject to meeting the requirement of Scheme of Studies as under:
  • Pakistan Based Examinations: Eight subjects including Compulsory English, Mathematics, Urdu, Islamiyat, Pakistan Studies and three electives.
  • Overseas Based Examinations: Five subjects including English, Mathematics and three electives.

To qualify for Science Group it is necessary to pass Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology/Computer Science. Rest will be placed in General/Arts/Humanities Group.

B) GCE ‘A’ Level and Equivalent:
GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ level are considered equivalent to Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC/Intermediate) subject to meeting the specified requirement for various stream/groups as under:
  1. Pre-Medical Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects (including English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) and three ‘A’ levels (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) with minimum E Grade.
  2. Pre-Engineering Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects (including English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics Biology/Computer Studies) and three ‘A’ level subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) with minimum E Grade.
  3. General Science Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects with three ‘A’ level subjects
  4. Humanities Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects including English and Mathematics with three ‘A’ level subjects.

a- All Pakistani nationals appearing for examinations from Pakistan shall have to pass Urdu, Islamiyat, Pakistan Studies and Mathematics along with other required subjects to qualify for equivalence.

i.
If a Pakistani/dual national candidate studies and appears for examination from abroad, Urdu, Islamiyat and Pakistan Studies will not be considered compulsory requirements.

also
The Age limit is 23 years , so if you want to join Army you will have to do before that .

Hi.

Candidates possessing qualifications such as ‘O’ level and ‘A’ level etc will be required to obtain Equivalence Certificate and conversion of marks from Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC), Ministry of Education, Islamabad and attach it with application form

GCE ‘O’ Level is considered equivalent to Secondary School Certificate (SSC) subject to meeting the requirement of Scheme of Studies as under:
  • Pakistan Based Examinations: Eight subjects including Compulsory English, Mathematics, Urdu, Islamiyat, Pakistan Studies and three electives.
  • Overseas Based Examinations: Five subjects including English, Mathematics and three electives.

To qualify for Science Group it is necessary to pass Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology/Computer Science. Rest will be placed in General/Arts/Humanities Group.

GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ level are considered equivalent to Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC/Intermediate) subject to meeting the specified requirement for various stream/groups as under:
  1. Pre-Medical Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects (including English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) and three ‘A’ levels (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) with minimum E Grade.
  2. Pre-Engineering Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects (including English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics Biology/Computer Studies) and three ‘A’ level subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) with minimum E Grade.
  3. General Science Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects with three ‘A’ level subjects
  4. Humanities Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects including English and Mathematics with three ‘A’ level subjects.

a- All Pakistani nationals appearing for examinations from Pakistan shall have to pass Urdu, Islamiyat, Pakistan Studies and Mathematics along with other required subjects to qualify for equivalence.

i.
If a Pakistani/dual national candidate studies and appears for examination from abroad, Urdu, Islamiyat and Pakistan Studies will not be considered compulsory requirements.

also
The Age limit is 23 years , so if you want to join Army you will have to do before that .

For Further Information , you can

AOA Brother Fox,
Sir I have some queries related to MoD posts of AD and SI etc. Csn you help me answering questions?
Since I am new member I cannot send private message, but can have email communication. DO reply please

Thanks

Hi.

i.

also
No worries fox, I appreciate the help. Just wondering which one of the 4 groups listed above is the general army group? Thanks.

Hey ppl I want to know what subjects are compulsory if I want to join Pakistan army. I'm doing a levels so I'd be really happy if someone can tell me what subjects are compulsory if I want to join Pakistan army as a commissioned officer (2nd LT)

Back
Top Bottom