What's new

Joining army from abroad

Spartacus1

New Recruit

Reaction score
Hey, I am 18 years old and am looking to join the pak army next year when I finish my a-levels. Can anybody inform me what months the ISSB tests take places and how I can apply for them from Uk?
Thanks in advance any information is much appreciated.

Hey, I am 18 years old and am looking to join the pak army next year when I finish my a-levels. Can anybody inform me what months the ISSB tests take places and how I can apply for them from Uk?

The best thing for you would be to consider completing your higher education first.

Ummmm,..... better thing to do is stay where you are and pursue your undergrad degree. Just a little piece of friendly advice.

Kid, you'd be better off with continuing your studies where you are... not the best of times to join Army..... things are not exactly conducive back home, if you get the drift.

Kid, you'd be better off with continuing your studies where you are... not the best of times to join Army..... things are not exactly conducive back home, if you get the drift.

:lol: don't be such a *****. Officer training from that level will take the guy around 4 years.

The easier advice to give would be that they would lose their British citizenship and will have to stand in line outside the embassy with the countless other the next time they crave some fish and chips. Its a bit more effective than asking people to continue studying.

As much as I appreciate the advice guys, I'd rather you give me the information I asked for please, thanks a lot

First thing you need to do is to make the decision and discuss it with your family, because you would have to surrender your UK citizenship upon joining the Pakistan Armed Forces, and yes its not as high paying as you might imagine - you will get by with ease though. Once you have made up your mind, you can apply for ISSB.

We can help you out with any information you need.

Try this for a starter.

Give them a call first. [Office hours]

TELEPHONE:

+922- 9260085
+922-521-3808

And later drop them an email if you have to.

EMAIL:

gso2@issb.com.pk

you need to visit Pakistan High Commission in London & request them to see their Military attachee, you will be given exemption from taking physical test (runing,jumping, wall climbimg....) but it will be in the hands of Military attachee in London to recommend you to take Written & Intelligence test - for that you will have to visit Pakistan......

Once interview,medical has been take and you are recommended for Long Course, you will asked to renounce your British Citizenship - dual nationals are not allowed to join Pakistan Armed Forces.......

For starters you can call them on the numbers on PHC website :

Help Desk

020 7664 9274

General Information

020 7664 9204.........

You got to visit/call our embassy there. Talk with the defence attachee.

Being abroad, you are exempted from initial testing and will be reuired to go through ISSB only. But you got to give them an address in Pakistan coz they wont send you call up letters abroad.

As for the citizenship, yes you would be required to renonce it, BUT only after you have been recommended by the ISSB, joined PMA and completed your training successfully. i.e just a few weeks before you are to pass out from the academy/get commissioned.

This is to ensure that you dont lose your citizenship for nothing if you are withdrawn from the academy on any grounds(medical, discipline etc).

vist joinpakistanarmy.gov.pk for more details.

For exact dates, you need to keep an eye on the website, as it is not possible to pin point them.

Feel free to ask any further querries.

Lastly, if you are already double minded so as to join the army or become the next desi punjabi singer, as advised by a few members, then i must warn you that you have already failed your ISSB. So, be sure of what you want to do before you funally decide. Half hearted atempts will get you nothing from the army.

If you have what it takes to give up your comfy life in the UK, give up your UK citizenship.

To join the ranks of a medium paying but highly professional Army to defend a nation that is less than thankful to its army with a hostile media and active frequent combat deployments.

You'd be shuffled like a boomerang, trained hard, at times you'd have to eat reptiles to survive on the frontline and would have to drink muddy water instead of sparkling water you are used to.

You'd be part of an Army that speaks 20 or so dialects, has to deploy from west to east every now and then, has to migrate and resettle millions during operations.

You will get a highest class of training our poor nation can afford. You might get killed in combat, as PA doesn't leave its low ranking troops to fight on. It has 'one of the highest troop to officer casualty ratio in the world'.

It means that you'll find Generals biting dust and eating 'lambay shorbay wali aloo curry' with their soldier, on the frontline. PA trains a 'special breed of men'...it has one of the highest rejection rates and toughest training regimes in the world. They are taught to live by a code of life.

This decision will change your life, so if you don't have what it takes to be a Pakistan Army officer than you shouldn't take ISSB, you have already lost this battle. You should seek a career in Punjabi hip hop scene or become the next 'feel good' ethnic entry at 'Britain's got talent'.

We are not trying to scare you. We are giving you realities that lie in front of you. I'm having the same debate with my little brother who's going for ISSB this year.

So make up your mind first...!

Peace.

Appreciate the advice guys, will take all of it on board. Just one more thing, I heard that if you do A-levels instead of fsc you lose a lot of marks in equivalence. Is that true? I am predicted to achieve 2 a's and a b in my a level results. Will that amount to 60% after equivalence? If anyone has any idea please let me know, thanks.

Appreciate the advice guys, will take all of it on board. Just one more thing, I heard that if you do A-levels instead of fsc you lose a lot of marks in equivalence. Is that true? I am predicted to achieve 2 a's and a b in my a level results. Will that amount to 60% after equivalence? If anyone has any idea please let me know, thanks.
You wont lose any marks. This what the criteria says:

A’ level candidates applying in Pakistan with aggregate 60% marks are eligible without seeking equivalence certificate as calculated by IBCC. However, all candidates who have passed ‘A’ level and equivalent examination from abroad are required to submit equivalence certificate issued by IBCC

Details: Xeric's Primer: Eligibility Criteria for Getting Regular Commission in Pakistan Army (PMA Long Course)

Back
Top Bottom