What's new

JF-17's various initial design phases & design resemblances

bro i m pretty sure he was being sarcastic
plus no one is claiming anything here
the thread was just a funny observation
nevertheless thanks for your input really helpful
can you shed some light on f414 for jf-17 though?
Bro, I'm pretty sure I know that too :p:
It is great engine, powerful, reliable and resistant to the engine stall (compressor stall) and it has the dimensions that it can be fitted into JF-17 but there is one problem, that's the political situation. It is an American engine so it availability and future proofing are not guaranteed.

Last edited:
Many aircraft designs and outlays resemble each other but i think the new Chinese trainer is certainly based on JF-17.

New%2BSino-Pak%2BJF-17%2BDSI(diverterless%2Bsupersonic%2Binlet)%2Bdesign%2Btype%2Baircraft%2Benters%2Bmachine%2Bmass%2Bproduction%2B1.jpg

It's the JL-9 Trainer.

JL-9G1.jpg
They took the Pakistani design of DSI nice work by PF guys.

After it you still thinks PF should go for dual seat JF-17 what i believe this trainer is enough to train pilots of JF-17 even JF-17 handling so simple they don't need any dual seat trainer.

Yep, must be. Because understanding sarcasm is more tedious.
Well, the needless sarcasm should be treated as such and I have some skills in treating such cases. To be sarcastic, person needs to have comprehensive understanding of the situation and the audience, otherwise it turns out to be an embarrassment as it happened in this case :)

Bro, I'm pretty sure I know that too :p:
It is great engine, powerful, reliable and resistant to the engine stall (compressor stall) and it has the dimensions that it can be fitted into JF-17 but there is one problem, that's the political situation. It is an American engine so it availability and future proofing are not guaranteed.
cant it be reverse engineered from f-16s we have
sure uncle sam's gonna cry maybe they would not like to lose complete edge over PAK

Many aircraft designs and outlays resemble each other but i think the new Chinese trainer is certainly based on JF-17.

New%2BSino-Pak%2BJF-17%2BDSI(diverterless%2Bsupersonic%2Binlet)%2Bdesign%2Btype%2Baircraft%2Benters%2Bmachine%2Bmass%2Bproduction%2B1.jpg
well it is developed from j-7 but it surely have jf-17s DSI

no it is not dual seater jf-17
dual seater jf-17 will be fully combat available when neede

sure uncle sam's gonna cry maybe they would not like to lose complete edge over PAK
Reverse engineering such an advanced piece of equipment is difficult. But more importantly the we do not have that culture and facilities. China has invested a lot in reverse engineering and they have become experts in copying and stealing technologies (I'm not judging). Furthermore, turbo machinery is all about precision thousands of blades rotating at tens of thousands of rev / min and very special material requirements. The blade design is a complete science and understanding the flow through the blades and guide vanes while understanding the changes in enthalpy (thermodynamics), response of the flow (unsteady aerodynamics), and the structure (aeroelasticity), advanced controls, combustion science, turbulence, material science are required at the highest level. A small crack, a very minor anisotropy or impurity in the material, misalignment and mistuning can cause havoc. Thus reverse engg. is difficult but possible, however, achieving the same efficiency or improving it nearly impossible under current situation.

One RD 93 = 2 GE F414:lol:

You can say that.:agree:

no its not. this bird came from the original super 7 its basically has the dna of a mig 21. the jf-17 was worked on in the usa with help of russia. where as the jl-9 isn't. if the usa and russia did not help pakistan/china this is what the jf-17 would look like.
china will very likely reject this bird and choose the l-15 since its a clean sheet design and has features of that similar to western and russain trainers. the jl-9 is a botched bird and is a mig-21 under the skin.
you should know just besauce it looks the same does not mean it is.

is it only me or f/a 18 and Jf-17 are a little look alikes
JFT looks like a single engine version of f/a 18
just a funny observation

images
images

images
images

just saying no need to play expert-expert here
@MastanKhan @django @long_ @PARIKRAMA @PaklovesTurkiye @war&peace @Mugwop @Moonlight @Zibago @Horus

Hi,

It is not only you---some seniors in the Paf have admitted---the JF17 is a design with influence from the F16---F18---Gripen.

Two of these aircraft we had complete access---the F16 and the Gripen---the F18 a litle bit---

well it is developed from j-7 but it surely have jf-17s DSI

no it is not dual seater jf-17
dual seater jf-17 will be fully combat available when neede

Hi,

We have reverse engineered it with our modifications---. The only error in judgement was the size when we went to a 20% smaller size than the actual----.

If it was not reverse engineered---how do you think it is so capable.

Back
Top Bottom