What's new

JF-17 with YJ83K ASM -Naval role

pick up the map you would see that our geographicla location is such that blockage more than 600 km form cost will not matter ...
jf-17 without drop tanks have a range of 2700 km with 1100liters drop tank ( and 2 c-802,2sd-10s ,2 WVR)the range can be extended to 4000 km or 4 hours.
this much more than enough keeping in mind that weapons have stand off range of 200km plus..

jf-17 was built keeping multirole in mind. it was built for PAF. and PAF precisely knew our requirements.

JF-17 is the PAF version of F-16 for USAAF, atm it is the best option for pakistan, it gives them the strategic advantage to PAF over IAF (cost, logistic, technological and combat efficiency in war time)```but when you look at IAF, seriously its a complete mess``even USAAF has less models than IAF

With this 2c802's,sd10,2wvr ok ..... but what abt multiple ejector racks?

With this 2c802's,sd10,2wvr ok ..... but what abt multiple ejector racks?

i think multiple ejectors if used will be benefit in air to air configuration(carrying 2 sd-10 on one hard point) but not for carrying c-802. as its too heavy (200kg vs 900 kg approx)

pick up the map you would see that our geographicla location is such that blockage more than 600 km form cost will not matter ...
jf-17 without drop tanks have a range of 2700 km with 1100liters drop tank ( and 2 c-802,2sd-10s ,2 WVR)the range can be extended to 4000 km or 4 hours.
this much more than enough keeping in mind that weapons have stand off range of 200km plus..

jf-17 was built keeping multirole in mind. it was built for PAF. and PAF precisely knew our requirements.

In anti ship mode, you gotta remember that IN will have aircover to protect its assists. I am sure the configuration will work differently, where one JF17 formation will go in A2A mode to attack all IN air assessts and another JF17 formation will be in Anti ship mode with more than 2 two C802s/3s and close range PL5-2s for interception.

In anti ship mode, you gotta remember that IN will have aircover to protect its assists. I am sure the configuration will work differently, where one JF17 formation will go in A2A mode to attack all IN air assessts and another JF17 formation will be in Anti ship mode with more than 2 two C802s/3s and close range PL5-2s for interception.
you are right..there are many combination in which PAF might go. it will depend upon the situation
neverthe less y point was to show jf-17 multi-role capablites and to clarify that JF-17 is as potent in naval role as in any other role. so it will be wastage of money and difficulty in operation to add new platforms.
thats one reason i am against J-11

77j20fc1.jpg

Well, I think other than negating the naval blockade, Thunder, in Naval role, would ensure the complete denial of any hostile amphibious landing on Pakistani shores.

JF17 naval version is not produced yet i think but it would be close to MIG29K right :yahoo:

jf-17 must be modified in later blocks

Pakistan Navy
1895229.jpg

Anti Sub role/Anti Ship
Breguet Atlantic - 6 Delivered in 2011
P3 Orions - 5

Anti Ship Operations:
12 Mirages (Excocet Enabled)
Needed 36 JF17 thunder in Multi Role capacity (Anti Ship plus support for protecting assets)

Air Support for Ships
What Pakistan Certainly need is J11 Fleet of 36 to really compliment the existing fleet
vpost_cam02_0030.jpge95227a2-9a1d-4a3e-b48f-ced44b02cf3eLarger.jpg

I am feeling that next 50 Aircrafts would be for Pakistan Navy, they might replace F7,s or Mirages at PAF Base Masroor or may be some placed at PAF Base Faisal

Masroor is a better choice than Faisal. Hopefully we have learned something from the Mehran Fiasco ?

Back
Top Bottom