What's new

JF-17 Thunder's Armament

Maybe the underdevelopment Air to Surface munitions @Bilal Khan 777 was talking about?
The most peculiar thing about the unidentified load is that it doesn't appear to have any canards or fins, which is strange for anything that has to be released. Pods don't have fins. Maybe they are just weights to test the structure or something.

The most peculiar thing about the unidentified load is that it doesn't appear to have any canards or fins, which is strange for anything that has to be released. Pods don't have fins. Maybe they are just weights to test the structure or something.
That's why I said it was an ATGM.

@JamD

You can't make out the fins because there is some sort of reinforcement wrapped around the body. That thing definitely has an EO/IR seeker.

PAC produces 16 planes in a year....but how much of them are produced if any in china in an year ? seniors plz

That's why I said it was an ATGM.

@JamD

You can't make out the fins because there is some sort of reinforcement wrapped around the body. That thing definitely has an EO/IR seeker.
I don't know how you can say anything definitely from such blurry pictures.

But if I had to guess, I would say a targeting or ECM pod, or just weight/dummy pod. I am going to wait for confirmation before speculating anything further. The pictures/videos are too blurry.

I don't know how you can say anything definitely from such blurry pictures.

But if I had to guess, I would say a targeting or ECM pod, or just weight/dummy pod. I am going to wait for confirmation before speculating anything further. The pictures/videos are too blurry.
The diameter, It's too small. Make a visual comparison with the nose.

I don't think anyone would mount a pod or weapon of any kind on a plane which is still under testing. This could be some king of testing equipment to test weapon mounting station (mechanical system) and electronic (communication between cockpit and the weapon station.

I think it is just this.
12642478_468259966712167_2350108059137420260_n.jpg

Hmmm ... IMO it looks more like a pod, some sort of EW or ECM pod or simply again the already seen camera pod.

FC-1 06 + camera pod.jpg

Not related but at one time rumors were Pak AF wanted this pod but USA stopped Koreans

upload_2016-9-11_14-51-44.png

PAC produces 16 planes in a year....but how much of them are produced if any in china in an year ? seniors plz

No JF17s are produced in China. Fuselages were made there while we did the wings and avionics here. However, the deletion program is moving fast and now front section of the fuselage is also AMF. Buildup is all in PK. Avionics is all in PK. The ToT program is progressing along.

Not related but at one time rumors were Pak AF wanted this pod but USA stopped Koreans

View attachment 333585
Not the US, it was country whose parts were used in the pod, and it is not the US. However, this is an impressive product.

Done on purpose to confuse the online brigade. Looking the sensor profile an air intake, this is a EW package from Indra on trial.

No JF17s are produced in China. Fuselages were made there while we did the wings and avionics here. However, the deletion program is moving fast and now front section of the fuselage is also AMF. Buildup is all in PK. Avionics is all in PK. The ToT program is progressing along.

Not the US, it was country whose parts were used in the pod, and it is not the US. However, this is an impressive product.

Done on purpose to confuse the online brigade. Looking the sensor profile an air intake, this is a EW package from Indra on trial.

hmm, i had a suspicion that these are ALQ-500 jammers and the aircraft may well be testing a wild wiesel/ intrediction like capability.

Hmmm ... IMO it looks more like a pod, some sort of EW or ECM pod or simply again the already seen camera pod.

View attachment 333579

If a camera, it may make sense as they it could be they are filming the refuelling process as part of (1) development (2) training videos to give the receiving plane's view.

In the vid, around 20:45 the light for night re-fuelling is on.

Last edited:
first thing first... the ALQ-500 with pod removed...

Screenshot_2016-09-13-01-33-15.png

Screenshot_2016-09-13-01-34-16.png

the pods look similar to this dont they?
images

images

Why two pods instead of one if it is Indira ECM?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom