What's new

JF-17 THUNDER - Ready To Tear The World Asunder!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You simply are here to troll.
Otherwise, I hope you know how to use internet and find your required info.
I can you not see the official poster in the picture above? and remember we are not talking about the specifications of a mobile.

Features and development

Why are you so arrogant ?.. anyway the 7% increased thrust variant called RD-33MK intend to shipborne fighters and also proposed for Mig-35. The main difference is the increased thrust and a FADEC. Check whether your RD-93 is equipped with FADEC if not (Not in my knowledge) that is an old variant.

RD-93 is built on the basis of Modernized RD-33.

After coming across the official specs. posted in post 8.
Only trolls will take it further.

Can you not see the official poster in the picture above? ...............

After coming across the official specs. posted in post 8.

The "official" poster in post 8 gives only a range of power outputs. Please tell me where it is specified that the power output of the engines installed in the JF-17s is at the higher end of this range. The range of T:W ratios given further points to the uncertainty in the power output too.

Perhaps the author of the piece can point me towards that information.

Thank you.

Mr. VCheng, Do we have to spoon fed you? read the highest figure as maximum!!!!

I seriously doubt that you are serious in others opinion and logic.

Like any other Pakistan hater cannot digest a bit of good for Pakistan.

As you see even Bhartis are agreeing that they have a version of RD-33 with higher thrust than why shall Chinese receive a similar engine with lower thrust?

Whereas it was reported in media, that it was Chinese, on the first place who tweaked the engine to higher thrust which Russia later sold to bhartis.

when is block II coming out :cry:

You need to go to school to learn how to read quantities in given range.

I have many, many years of schooling and then some! ;)

I accept that the engine chosen for the JF-17 is capable of producing power within that specified range, as long as it is described as that, and not the upper limit only, so that all claims include that possible variation in output, unless proven credibly to be otherwise.

Great piece. Good effort by everyone involved. looking forward to future articles/blog pieces, perhaps a little bit of info on exports could also be included, no?

JF-17 is way better than the lame F-16 Block whatever..
Why?
Because the F-16 are unreliable and JF-17s are reliable..
Again why?
Because USA is unreliable,and can block spare parts anytime while JF-17s spares cant be blocked..
F-16 have inferoir range compared to JF-17.
why?
Because the strings attached by USA does nit allow F-16s to be used outside Pakistan Borders..But no such limitations on JF-17..
Dump and ditch F-16 and rely on JF-17.

It would be very enlightening to hear the opinion of Experienced JF-17 pilots ( with 200+ hours) about how well the aircraft handles.

^^ Unfortunately all of them got banned from this forum (JK)

You need to go to school to learn how to read quantities in given range.

max thrust and range are two different things..nearly all engines give there max thrust values for marketing, whetehr it be american,russian or european..so if this is an officail poster than no doubt at optimum condition, thrust is 98

i think for now its best to take the average range that is 86-88kn. this has been accepted and narrated through many sources
considering the max weight of 9100(x9.8=89180)
87000/89180=0.97

if we take the thrust to approx 90kn(instead of 98) then it comes out to be more than 1 i.e 1.01

so i think we have to understand that despite showing of 98kn..the real thrust will be somewhere between 86-90kn

now this is a very good ratio..as mirages,gripen and LCA have a far less T/W ratio

for LCA its approx 0.82 with current engine
for mirage its approx 0.90
for gripen its 0.90 for gripen C

LCA will barely achieve 1 for its new engine

thunder is strategic project, not a showoff, so dont expect every detail to come out. As such details will stimulate india for unnecessary things through their media pressure

the rd93 poster is not by pac, rather its by klimov - it provides the upper limit and lower limit of the engine [which i pointed out as max in my article] -- it does not indicate that some other version is on the jft-- on the contrary it shows a jft in the pic -- which supports the general concensus of the professionals that the thrust to wt ratio of jft to be 1 if not higher ----- the point you are missing is that i purposely used these stats to indicate that jft is not as underpowered as most indian articles make it out to be

Is WS-13 better than RD-93 ? I read they have made significant improvement, is this right ?

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

when is block II coming out :cry:

Mid 2014 i think.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom