What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
JF- 17 Thunder in Action in Live Ammunition Exercise
March 8, 2012By Tania Kazmi

JF-17-Thunder.png

Peshawar – The JF-17 Thunder fighter jets of the Pakistan Pakistan Air Force have for the first time participated in squadron level exercise which included the use of live ammunition. The JF-17 Thunder has been developed by jointly developed by the Pakistan aeronautical complex and Chengdu Aircraft Industries Corporation (CAC).

Around 40 Thunders from the No. 16 Squadron ‘Black Panthers’ and No. 26 Squadron ‘Black Spiders’ of the Pakistan Air Force participated form PAF Minhas Airbase (Kamra Airbase) and PAF Airbase PAF Base Peshawar.

The JF-17 is capable of carrying NESCOM’s 120 km range H-4 precision guided weapon, Brazilian MAR-1 Anti-Radiation air-to-surface missile, Chinese PL-12/SD-10A Beyond Visual Range Air to Air Missile (BVRAAM), PL-5E II/PL-9C Within Visual Range Air-to-Air Missile (WVRAAM), LeiShi-6 (LS-6) Satellite Aided Inertially Guided Bomb, LT-2/LS-500J Laser Guided Bomb and LT-3 Laser / Satellite Aided Inertially Guided Bomb and C-802A Anti-ship Missile.

Xiaolong fighter’s first large-scale overall box complete processing in Pakistan

Date:2012-03-02
Data Figure: Xiaolong fighter of the Pakistan Air Force (JF-17)

(correspondent Ren Jing Shen peak)

February 20, from Pakistan, came the good news, aircraft industry to fly CNC processing plants to go to the important task of the Working Group of Pakistan – a whole box of the “Fierce Dragon” aircraft completed parts measurement, which marks the first large overall frame of the “Fierce Dragon” aircraft to the successful completion of processing in Pakistan.
January 18, CAC Working Group’s formal entry into Pakistan CNC plant. NC team went to Pakistan to work as the first, the aircraft industry to fly CNC processing plant staff to shoulder the mission of “pioneering”. To overcome language barriers and eating cultural differences, work team members to give full play to the trapeze special hardship, in particular, can research the style of. Approach the first day, the person in charge of the Working Group on the specific work carried out detailed arrangements and deployment, so that members of the Working Group there is a clear division of labor, but also close collaboration, prioritize, and carried out in an orderly manner.
By effort with less than a month, and processing work on the successful completion of the first pieces of a large box as a whole.

can someone tell me what this means!?

Most probably the google translation!

CNC are programmable machines which can do usual mechanical & manufacturing works to the accuracy of drawings.

I suppose Pakistan already have lot CNC machines every where, Perhaps some more advance machines have arrived in Kamra and their operators are here for training local staff.

It could be the new machines for the manufacturing of basic frame components of JFT !!

Just guessing!

on searching abt refueling prob on thunder i found this guys linkdin profile
and he says he is a structrual/machinal designer for prob in thunder

profile link: Gavin Holkham - United Kingdom | LinkedIn

Gavin Holkham

Design Lead at PFW Aerospace AG

Christchurch, Dorset, United Kingdom (Bournemouth, United Kingdom)
Aviation & Aerospace

JF-17 (Thunder) Air to Air Refuelling Probe; Responsible for the conceptual design of an externally mounted hybrid telescopic refuelling probe, strong-back structural mounting frame and fairings. Completion of design studies and kinematic simulations and structural integration with aircraft structure.

Refuling probe on JFT blk-2 is definately not a tweaking job! :)

Guys, put it in blk-2 thread and info pool thread.

can some one tell me what if computer of a full FBW plane goes does, will the plane still able to fly or it just support for recovering from maneuvers.

also i didnt see any thunder pic refueling probe what ever available on net are edited

FBW system of any aircraft assists the pilots during the full flight envlope ....its use is not only limited to "Recovery"......
its due to such system that Aerodynamically un-stable designs have been emerging ....
As F-16 Pilots say around the world ..." We dont Fly F16s ... It Flies Us ..."

The JF-17 Thunder fighter jets of the Pakistan Pakistan Air Force have for the first time participated in squadron level exercise which included the use of live ammunition. The JF-17 Thunder has been developed by jointly developed by the Pakistan aeronautical complex and Chengdu Aircraft Industries Corporation (CAC).

JF-17-Thunder.png

Around 40 Thunders from the No. 16 Squadron ‘Black Panthers’ and No. 26 Squadron ‘Black Spiders’ of the Pakistan Air Force participated form PAF Minhas Airbase (Kamra Airbase) and PAF Airbase PAF Base Peshawar.

The JF-17 is capable of carrying NESCOM’s 120 km range H-4 precision guided weapon, Brazilian MAR-1 Anti-Radiation air-to-surface missile, Chinese PL-12/SD-10A Beyond Visual Range Air to Air Missile (BVRAAM), PL-5E II/PL-9C Within Visual Range Air-to-Air Missile (WVRAAM), LeiShi-6 (LS-6) Satellite Aided Inertially Guided Bomb, LT-2/LS-500J Laser Guided Bomb and LT-3 Laser / Satellite Aided Inertially Guided Bomb and C-802A Anti-ship Missile.

Pakistan+air+force+JF-17+Thunder+FC-20+carryies+PL-12+%2528PiLi-12%2529+SD-10+%2528ShanDian-10%2529+BVRAAM+%2528Beyond+visual+range+Air+to+Air+Missile%2529+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+ariforce++%25281%2529.jpg

Pakistan+air+force+JF-17+Thunder+FC-20+carryies+PL-12+%2528PiLi-12%2529+SD-10+%2528ShanDian-10%2529+BVRAAM+%2528Beyond+visual+range+Air+to+Air+Missile%2529+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+ariforce++%25283%2529.jpg

JF-17 carrying SD-10

JF-17+Thunder+can+carry+LS-6+Precision+Guided+Glide+Bomb+%25281%2529.jpg

JF-17+Thunder+Pakistan+Air+Force+exercise+PAF+fighter+jet+C-802A+Anti-ship+Missile+SD-10A+BVRAAM+PL-5E+II+WVRAAM+and+500+kg+LS-6+Satellite+Guided+Bomb+LT-3+Laser+LT-2LS-500J+Laser+missil+fired.jpg

JFT carrying LS-6 Standoff Precision Guided Glide Bomb.

Discussed at:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-...estroys-targets-live-ammunition-exercise.html

FBW system of any aircraft assists the pilots during the full flight envlope ....its use is not only limited to "Recovery"......
its due to such system that Aerodynamically un-stable designs have been emerging ....
As F-16 Pilots say around the world ..." We dont Fly F16s ... It Flies Us ..."

what abt if this fails in sky. i know it based on more then i processor, assumes if it fails then then what... plane crash ?
and why they have to design un-stable plane. for time,cost saving? better maneuvers?

There is always a possibility of full FBW failure. Many aircraft have been crashed due to this particularly the F-16, Gripen etc. This is why you see a dual duplex FBW coupled with stability augmentation to protect the aircraft from crashing even if the primary Quad FBW fails. It is a safety measure for JFT, not a FBW drawback like some believe.

what abt if this fails in sky. i know it based on more then i processor, assumes if it fails then then what... plane crash ?
and why they have to design un-stable plane. for time,cost saving? better maneuvers?

well a plane like F-22 flies on computers, i believe there are about 12 or so computers that helps it stay in the air if one of them fails it will fall back to earth. and the "un-stable" design makes the aircraft more agile, it has no effect on cost or time as far as i know. but having this design also makes the aircraft more uncontrollable. thats why modern air planes have computers or FBW to control them.

i have a question, there will be about 40 something blk 1 thunders so are there any plans for a third squadron for blk 1 aircrafts?
i hope they're not planning to scramble all the aircrafts in two squadron...

i have a question, there will be about 40 something blk 1 thunders so are there any plans for a third squadron for blk 1 aircrafts?

There are 50 (-1) Block Is.
Two Squadrons are operational, 26th and 16th, both from 32 Wing, Peshawar. An estimated number is, both Squadrons operate around 14 units, which makes 38. With 12 (-1) more units of Block I, it is likely that another squadron will operate 12 JF-17s.

So, yes I think there would be a third squadron soon.

The aircraft for 3rd squadron are ready and at PAC undergoing testing. I think it is due to be stood up in March this year.....and two more squadrons later this year....from what i have heard...

There are 50 (-1) Block Is.
Two Squadrons are operational, 26th and 16th, both from 32 Wing, Peshawar. An estimated number is, both Squadrons operate around 14 units, which makes 38. With 12 (-1) more units of Block I, it is likely that another squadron will operate 12 JF-17s.

So, yes I think there would be a third squadron soon.

14 each would make only 28 planes in the first two squadrons. If there are 38 or 40 planes altogether in the 2 squardons then each sqd would have 19 to 20 planes. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom