What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is equal partnership in financial as well as technical aspects. This is obvious from all the posts and staterments coming out of officials from both China and pakistan. Why do you guys not read those instead of asking the same question again and again.
The reason for banning is not because you ask, but a repeated question derails topics . So understand the methods ,not the madness!!!
Araz
Sir,

I just asked for the details coz somebody compared the same to Eurofighter Consortium and it is natural to ask provided Pakistani aero industry's lack of experiance in fighter production. Anyway I'm out from this thread,not coz of I will get banned..there is no point arguing if ppl can't even listen what others are saying.

I do not disagree with you, there will be input from the end user for sure. Do you think that inputs qualify you be called a partner in JFT?

If I am not wrong, all these news came at a time. Do not evolutionize it by making it look something coming out of desperation, hell you people have not been able to answer a simple question in the mean time, and as a forum rule you can get banned asking that question. Crazy indeed. So much for the answer? or so much for the question??

And please do not trespass LCA over JF-17. As Russel Peter says "Some one really gonna get hurt" !!

For the last time gentlemen..
Please bother to go through the thread before you ask "are we there yet" again.
All that is needed to for your questions has been answered before.. AGAIN and AGAIN.
If you cannot be bothered to go through the thread and read it.. or cannot find the answer you wish to hear. Then please drop the subject.
Any further queries on who made the screw that fits in the lower landing gear light of the JF-17 will or else will be considered trolling.

Sir,

I just asked for the details coz somebody compared the same to Eurofighter Consortium and it is natural to ask provided Pakistani aero industry's lack of experiance in fighter production. Anyway I'm out from this thread,not coz of I will get banned..there is no point arguing if ppl can't even listen what others are saying.

Hope you can stay long enough to read this reply. Pakistan's expertise may fall behind China but it is not true that we have no experience in building and maintaining aircrafts. We have F-6, F-7 and Mirage rebuilding factories in Kamra and the Air weapons complex has experience in designing software as well. You can get the complete details from Sir Fatman's thread about Pakistan's upgrade programs of it's fighter jets.

Hope you can stay long enough to read this reply. Pakistan's expertise may fall behind China but it is not true that we have no experience in building and maintaining aircrafts. We have F-6, F-7 and Mirage rebuilding factories in Kamra and the Air weapons complex has experience in designing software as well. You can get the complete details from Sir Fatman's thread about Pakistan's upgrade programs of it's fighter jets.

Not to forget Mirage rebuild factory, JF-17 builders too, and some special parts for boeing.

I think the type of explanation you are asking for is

Mr. Arshaf Khan designed the left wing
Mr. Khalid Mirza wrote from line # 523 to line # 1000 in the fire control program code
Mr. Wang Chen Shu designed the canopy and Mr. Hassan pointed out that it needs to be two inches bigger.
Mr. Javaid Latif designed the ablution block used by the engineers at CAC

Are you plain stupid or just trying to be smart?

Can be like this,

Eurofighter Typhoon offers maximum operational effectiveness and flexibility, high survivability, extensive technological growth potential, as well as high reliability and maintainability with low operating costs.

Industrial consortia set up as part of the Project include:

Eurofighter GmbH, set up to manage the development and production of the complete weapon system. It is owned by the four Eurofighter Partner Companies (EPC), with agreed development work shares:
BAE Systems (BAES - UK) 33 %
Alenia Aeronautica (ALN - Italy) 21 %
EADS Deutschland (Germany) 33 %
EADS CASA (Spain) 13 %

Eurojet Turbo GmbH, set up by Avio (Italy), ITP (Spain), MTU Aero Engines (Germany), and Rolls-Royce (UK), to develop the EJ200 engine for the new fighter aircraft.
Euroradar, a consortium brought together to design, develop and produce the advanced Captor radar, is comprised of EADS Defence Electronics (Germany), SELEX Sensors & Airborne Systems (United Kingdom), Galileo Avionica (Italy) and INDRA (Spain).

The NATO Eurofighter & Tornado Management Agency (NETMA) represents the Eurofighter partner nations' Governments and was established to oversee the procurement of weapon systems into the respective Air Forces.

Anyway, I'm out from here..

JF-17_front_bk2.jpg

An illustration of JF-17 Thunder Block-II. The most desired modifications in this variant include integration of Helmet Mounted System, addition of re-tractable air-to-air refueling probe, WS-13 engine, integration of modern-day air-to-air, air-to-ground and air-to-sea weapons and Infra Red Search and Track (IRST)....In fact IRST has little chances in Block-II, most of the 'dreamed' wishes regarding Block-II will be a part of later variants. Block-II will be something better than the previous one not a completely different fighter with AESA, use of composites,ram painting etc...
So no IRST in Block-II?

Not to forget Mirage rebuild factory, JF-17 builders too, and some special parts for boeing.

Thanks Last Hope, you are absolutely right in mentioning the Mirage factory.
Well, I am going to say something rather limited. People wondering how much PAF has participated in aviation related program, there was Significant input into FC-20 design, airframe adjustments, etc based on PAF's experience with Mirages. If you take a J-10, it is nothing more than a Mirage 2000 (some in the west still disagree with it and call it a Mirage III series plane, which isn't correct either).
But the point is, the FC-20 will be significantly different than J-10 due to the input from Pak. The same input resulted in airframe upgrades and other modifications. Now, the result is in front of everyone else, a 4th generation fighter that can actually specialize in air superiority and can sustain high speeds and agility due to upgrades.

celebrate August 1, anniversary 2011——J-20 pt01, JF-17 pt06,J-10B pt05 (WS10B),Flight Testing HD1080p version

thx himitechworld

original chinese youku link;

J20 J10

thx 汉魂雄风

Last edited by a moderator:
JF-17_front_bk2.jpg

An illustration of JF-17 Thunder Block-II. The most desired modifications in this variant include integration of Helmet Mounted System, addition of re-tractable air-to-air refueling probe, WS-13 engine, integration of modern-day air-to-air, air-to-ground and air-to-sea weapons and Infra Red Search and Track (IRST)....In fact IRST has little chances in Block-II, most of the 'dreamed' wishes regarding Block-II will be a part of later variants. Block-II will be something better than the previous one not a completely different fighter with AESA, use of composites,ram painting etc...

but sir it has been reported earlier that BLK-II will be the final thunder!
also is this confirmed that the BLK-I do not have HMS and wont have it integrated in future as well?
does this means that JF-17 will end up with 7 hard points no IRST etc?

also is this confirmed that the BLK-I do not have HMS and wont have it integrated in future as well?

The block-I's will be upgraded to Block-II status in a concurrent program..
Much as the F-16 Blocks 40 and 50 went through a CCIP program to get identical capabilities.

Their is nothing 'full and final'...its an evolving program, lots of more things will be added as per the requirements of PAF. Block-II will be a refined previous version not a completely new aircraft, after the induction of block-II we will see ALCM/JSOW somewhere in 2-3 years.

According to some resources no new hard point will be added to the current design, there is hardly any major air frame change expected in Block-II. Position of probe & IRST(less likely to be a part of block-II) will be as depicted in above posted illustration. Integrating an equipment is not a problem at all, test & evaluating it in different conditions and scenarios is...if PAF decides to get IRST added then we have to wait for 10-12 months more for them. Needless to mention flight trails of aerial refueling is itself a chapter left.

Once we get Block-II, previous block will get upgraded too, or its possible that PAF decides to build an OCU and allot them to it.

The JFT is a tremendous achievement and we should all be proud of it and learn from it -- the kinds of things we want to see, more powerful, more efficient engines, longer legs, greater armament payload - these may have to be integrated in a new airframe.

However, there is so much work left in the JFT itself, it's integration with the ZDK or Erieye and the development of tactics and procedures integrated at all levels - there's just a lot of work left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom