What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
From early specs it looks more advanced than litening, sapsan-e, lantirn1, 2 and on par with litening gen 3 and damocles but inferior to ATFLIR and SNIPER. It also has a terrain following radar and additional NAV modes.

http://en.valka.cz/viewtopic.php/t/101931

Last edited:
Seems very much like JFT cockpit but you know its not......

Last edited by a moderator:
I have tried to do so through traditional means. Cant go any further bro :)

Well i wish you are telling truth because Grippen ND is competing F16 block70, Mig 35,F18 Super Hornet, EU2000, and Rafael so it must be atleast their par..if Block 2 of JF17 will be competitive to Grippen NG it means competetive to all of these platform so can you plz elaborate in wat way its compatitive. is it in form of cost or in form of tech.

Are nahi mere bhai.. Grippen NG is not competing F-16-Block60 neither it is par with Mig-35, F18, EF2000. Jets in Orange are medium to heavy-weight fighters and Grippen NG is still the light-weight aircraft. But Nabil has mentioned Block-II of JF-17 will be comparable to Grippen NG Inshallah.

I have tried to do so through traditional means. Cant go any further bro :)

Nabil,

Have you responded to the post that

Salam,

Dear Munir Saab,

"If some can speak French... A short documentary about JF17 in Farnborough with African people checking the plane..."

The man who is speaking in french in the daily motion video says that the JF17 is a low cost aircraft made by chineses with the participation of pakistanis. The Pakistanis will be the main customer for it. He also says that the JF-17 is a very rustic technology, a so rustic technology that chineses wanted to change the avionics with french avionics but french government refused the deal officialy for two reasons :

- do not want transfert technology to chineses
- do not want anger indian.

Regards.
Amar,

French seem to disagree with what we are concluding about JFTs. What are your thoughts on that?

A NEW VIDEO of JF-17 and a good view of cockpit is shown in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets identify all the weapons here. I have started and please correct if I have got it wrong.

ldsn7.jpg

What are the small "things" next to the ASM and the two larger ones next to the Durandals?

The FC-1 (Fighter China-1) Xiaolong is the result of a joint Sino-Pakistani development programme that started in 1999, with each side contributing 50% of the total development cost. Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (CAC) of China is the prime contractor for aircraft development and manufacture, while Pakistani Aeronautical Complex (PAC) is the main partner responsible for post-sale service and maintenance, as well as the production of some parts for the aircraft in Pakistan. The aircraft was designed by Chengdu Aircraft Design Institute (611 Institute).

Russia supplied its Klimov RD-93 turbofan jet engine for the aircraft.

Nabil,

Salam,

Dear Munir Saab,

"If some can speak French... A short documentary about JF17 in Farnborough with African people checking the plane..."

The man who is speaking in french in the daily motion video says that the JF17 is a low cost aircraft made by chineses with the participation of pakistanis. The Pakistanis will be the main customer for it. He also says that the JF-17 is a very rustic technology, a so rustic technology that chineses wanted to change the avionics with french avionics but french government refused the deal officialy for two reasons :

Regards.
Amar,

French seem to disagree with what we are concluding about JFTs. What are your thoughts on that?

i think the french shd be worried abt the poor sales of their Rafale. leave the JFT to us to manage.

Lets identify all the weapons here. I have started and please correct if I have got it wrong.

ldsn7.jpg

What are the small "things" next to the ASM and the two larger ones next to the Durandals?

could be 'pods' for precision-strike!

The FC-1 (Fighter China-1) Xiaolong is the result of a joint Sino-Pakistani development programme that started in 1999, with each side contributing 50% of the total development cost. Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (CAC) of China is the prime contractor for aircraft development and manufacture, while Pakistani Aeronautical Complex (PAC) is the main partner responsible for post-sale service and maintenance, as well as the production of some parts for the aircraft in Pakistan. The aircraft was designed by Chengdu Aircraft Design Institute (611 Institute).

Russia supplied its Klimov RD-93 turbofan jet engine for the aircraft.

Welcome to PDF :)

Thanks for the info brother.. a lot has been discussed on this topic already. Go through the pages of this thread and like many of us over here, you will be equally amazed.

Nabil,

Salam,

Dear Munir Saab,

Regards.
Amar,

hahaha....

You give me one reason why shouldn't they call it inferior? They are disgusted that JFT is going to be a player in the league of Mir 2000 series and will give a tuff time in years to come. PAF is much happy with Chinese avionics and prefer them over hyped french ones as mentioned in the interview of project manager in FIA. This is their frustration nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom