What's new

JF-17 Thunder Images

Secondly, even if it were inducted, don't you think IAF doesn't have a matching A/C or even superior, in this case, Su-30MKI which has been in force for a while.

We have sufficient means to counter Su-30 MKI. (JF-17, J-10, F-16 MLU, F-16 Blk 50+).

Considering, China already operates the Su-30 MKK it is highly likely that some features may have been incorporated on J-10 and JF-17 to counter any threat posed by Su-30 MKI. Not to mention, it will be backed up by Saab-2000 AEW and Chinese AWACS.

Thirdly, you are forgetting numerical superiority of IAF.

Perhaps, a glimpse of history (1948 and 1965) may refresh your memory. Numerical differences do not matter.

Even your ACM admitted that the current inventory of the IAF has reduced significantly.

We have sufficient means to counter Su-30 MKI. (JF-17, J-10, F-16 MLU, F-16 Blk 50+).

Considering, China already operates the Su-30 MKK it is highly likely that some features may have been incorporated on J-10 and JF-17 to counter any threat posed by Su-30 MKI. Not to mention, it will be backed up by Saab-2000 AEW and Chinese AWACS.

Perhaps, a glimpse of history (1948 and 1965) may refresh your memory. Numerical differences do not matter.

Even your ACM admitted that the current inventory of the IAF has reduced significantly.

From this post I can tell, you don't know what you are talking about.

JF-17 not yet inducted. J-10?????- far away. F-16's - only advantage is BVR missiles (which can be negated by high maneuverability of Su-30MKI and Su-30MKI has the advantage of long range radar and maneuverability).

Su-30 MKI is different from Su-30MKK in avionics, radar capabilities, that makes a large difference.

Indian A/Cs will be backed up by Phalcon AWACS.

Does quality and numerical quantity together matters to you?.

So, still I don't see a threat.

From this post I can tell, you don't know what you are talking about.

JF-17 not yet inducted. J-10?????- far away. F-16's - only advantage is BVR missiles (which can be negated by high maneuverability of Su-30MKI and Su-30MKI has the advantage of long range radar and maneuverability).

Su-30 MKI is different from Su-30MKK in avionics, radar capabilities, that makes a large difference.

Indian A/Cs will be backed up by Phalcon AWACS.

Does quality and numerical quantity together matters to you?.

So, still I don't see a threat.

Get real dude...there's no threat of war between India and Pakistan as of now...and within a matter of a few years the PAF will have several squadrons of BVR capable JF-17s. Whether a small isolated border war in Kashmir or some proxy engagement in Sri Lanka...or something all out...India is in no position to run a long-term war with a near-failed state like Pakistan.

Check out how much it costs to run a war and look at the volatile nature of Pakistan...this state will break up and cause A LOT of instability...and lol India isn't going to spend some few billion U.S. A MONTH to occupy Pakistan. Plus coupled with the fact that your 'enemy' has a working air force and real special forces element floating about...you won't be able to afford it and you're going to suffer as much as Pakistanis will.

Forget nukes...there can be no war between India and Pakistan at this point...it will drag the two down to hell in a very slow and painful passion. Neither China nor U.S. will come to India's help BTW...it will be the end of one potential anti-American power, and the instability will allow the vultures in NATO to grab a strategic foothold near East Asia.

Get real dude...there's no threat of war between India and Pakistan as of now...and within a matter of a few years the PAF will have several squadrons of BVR capable JF-17s. Whether a small isolated border war in Kashmir or some proxy engagement in Sri Lanka...or something all out...India is in no position to run a long-term war with a near-failed state like Pakistan.

Check out how much it costs to run a war and look at the volatile nature of Pakistan...this state will break up and cause A LOT of instability...and lol India isn't going to spend some few billion U.S. A MONTH to occupy Pakistan. Plus coupled with the fact that your 'enemy' has a working air force and real special forces element floating about...you won't be able to afford it and you're going to suffer as much as Pakistanis will.

Forget nukes...there can be no war between India and Pakistan at this point...it will drag the two down to hell in a very slow and painful passion. Neither China nor U.S. will come to India's help BTW...it will be the end of one potential anti-American power, and the instability will allow the vultures in NATO to grab a strategic foothold near East Asia.

I completely agree with you. As of now, there will be no war. All I'm saying is, from defense point of view, pakistan is not a threat to india even with JF-17s as some people have tried to imply. No doubt, in future pakistan will have BVR capable JF-17s, so does india with her MKIs, MRCAs and may be LCAs. It is never going to be a decisive war.

I completely agree with you. As of now, there will be no war. All I'm saying is, from defense point of view, pakistan is not a threat to india even with JF-17s as some people have tried to imply. No doubt, in future pakistan will have BVR capable JF-17s, so does india with her MKIs, MRCAs and may be LCAs. It is never going to be a decisive war.

India:
JF17 is a paper plane
Please do not sell rd33 to Pak.... Please...

and now... JF17 has no bvr yet...

Amazing.

India:
JF17 is a paper plane
Please do not sell rd33 to Pak.... Please...

and now... JF17 has no bvr yet...

Amazing.

I never said JF-17 is paper plane It is still going through testing and evaluation and not yet inducted. Russia already made decision to sell RD-93.

I never said they didn't have BVR.

Without knowing the JF-17's final configuration when inducted, to discuss about it is a moot point.

All I'm saying is, from defense point of view, pakistan is not a threat to india even with JF-17s as some people have tried to imply.

That is the most hilarious statement I've heard from any Indian member in here. Man that cracked me up. :lol::lol:

Anywho, Yes, JF-17 is undergoing testing and evaluation but as per ACM statements we will have a fighting squadron by mid-2009. Nevertheless, PAF already operates 10 JF-17 with the experience of thousands of sorties.

In the current scenario, I believe F-16 MLU M3 are more than capable as being used as a deterrnt against the Su-30. Further more, as far as I understand the only difference between MKK and MKI is the radar system.

Last edited:
ENJOY..........!!!!!!!!!!:pakistan:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 60