What's new

JF-17 Thunder Block-II Brochure.

Hi,

Technically this is correct----. The technical reason behind it-----you get more output---you shorten the life----.
I thought the increased output/shorter life does not need re-engineering. I thought you just overclock the existing design.

The idea of taking 2-3 years to get the RD-93MA means/implies more than merely overclocking.

I thought the increased output/shorter life does not need re-engineering. I thought you just overclock the existing design.

The idea of taking 2-3 years to get the RD-93MA means/implies more than merely overclocking.

The life of the HPT blades is inversely proportional to their peak temperatures which are secondary to the fuel burn rate. To increase life at higher temperatures needs improved metallurgy and manufacturing techniques, which is what takes time.

Last edited:

Hi,

Like in a car engine---you can increase the out put a little bit by adding headers---but to boost it up a reasonable amount---you super charge it or turbo charge it--and that reduces life of the engine.

Now for aircraft engine---I do not know much---but the same corollary may apply.

The time seems to be right---I guess we will find out in due time what was done.

While browsing Google for JFT images, found 5his among. Though the officers are PAF indeed but couldn't recognise the jet. Some expert opinion.

Attachments

• 1446227768051.jpg
    1446227768051.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 244
Why only 7 hardpoint in block 2
Why not?
It is after all a light multi role aircraft.
7 hard points are enough. I hope we can get one more for mission POD in future, one under the fuselage near the cockpit. That will be enough. Dont forget the dual rack option sir.

@Arsalan this is exactly what i thought when all this talk of integrating the Aselpod on the Thunders came up....we definitely need another hardpoint in the fuselage to accomodate the pod but the question is will it be done on block 2's or do we have to wait for the block 3's?????

@Arsalan this is exactly what i thought when all this talk of integrating the Aselpod on the Thunders came up....we definitely need another hardpoint in the fuselage to accomodate the pod but the question is will it be done on block 2's or do we have to wait for the block 3's?????
Not is Blk-II, MAYBE in Blk-III is the current position.

Back
Top Bottom