What's new

JF-17 & Super Mashak for Nigeria

I am hoping for Egypt more than Jordan;

The way to enter the north african + arab market is to have a production capacity with Egypt.
Give the Egyptians a piece of the action, and then see how they grow the action.

I hope folks are listening to me !

BLK1 and BLK2 development and infrastructure can be started in another country but i wouldn't let the Egyptians anywhere near BLK3 development.

Until now the only country i thought that would be interested to develop the jet locally was the kingdom, as they are the ones that can afford the investment and order heavy numbers, especially as they showed a desire to get the Euro Typhoon engine on board, so a Pakistani/Saudi joint production of JF17 in Suadia Arabia makes alot of sense.

Nigeria to become first JF-17 export operator | IHS Jane's 360

Nigeria to become first JF-17 export operator
Jeremy Binnie, London - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
05 January 2016
Nigeria's plans to acquire three CAC/PAC JF-17 Thunder multirole fighters in 2016, Nigeria's Punch newspaper reported on 6 January.

Citing a leaked copy of the budget, Punch reported that NGN5 billion (USD25 million) has been allocated for the acquisition of the three JF-17s, NGN2.06 billion for 10 PAC Super Mushshak basic trainers, and NGN11.6 for two Mi-35M helicopters.

Jointly developed by the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) and Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (CAC), the JF-17 is currently only in service with Pakistan. IHS Jane's reported in December 2014 that Nigeria was finalising a JF-17 order, but a deal was not subsequently confirmed.

Indians reaction of the day. Half of population

images

rest
images

If we really want to target the rich nations like SA, Egypt, Kuwait etc then BLK3 is a game changer. Give them AESA etc etc and then watch the orders flow

BLK1 and BLK2 development and infrastructure can be started in another country but i wouldn't let the Egyptians anywhere near BLK3 development.

Until now the only country i thought that would be interested to develop the jet locally was the kingdom, as they are the ones that can afford the investment and order heavy numbers, especially as they showed a desire to get the Euro Typhoon engine on board, so a Pakistani/Saudi joint production of JF17 in Suadia Arabia makes alot of sense.

Saudia arab and UAE should buy some units of the JF-17 , I know they have a lot of money and some better choices but they should buy some units to support the program of Pakistan . We can even sell Iran these Jets as Iran is looking for New aircraft's for its Airforce .

AESA would not be alone a concerned for those big pocket nations and yet we do not ever claimed that JFT is going to compete with EFT or Rafale but supply line specially having a friend on other end is much interesting with all of favors and no strings. However, the future of bird would be more interesting by adding such gadgets with a low cost available craft. I think that KSA, Egypt or Kuwait etc, if interested to buy would initially start with best package of Block-II for know how of AC and then ................... more and more of advance block.

Pakistan Zindabad

The News says "First" Export ? Didnt SL too Buy only Yesterday ?
I might mean that they are getting the aircraft in 2016 thats why word export Operator is used. The urgency is evident because of Nigeria's resolve to defeat BH asap and that would make them the first foreign operator of Thunders.

I strongly believe that Egypt might repeat the history again buy asking for assembly lines in Egypt for Thunders as it did in case of K-8.

double whammy for pakistan, 2 export orders being publicly announced.

IHS Jane's is a reliable source but they have been wrong a few times earlier. And this time they are quoting a Nigerian (?) newspaper. Even if it is true that they have set aside money for JF17, deal still isn't signed. Allocated money can always be diverted to something else. I would still wait for official confirmation.

3 in ka or 7 Srilanka la raha ha total milla ker 10......:fie:

Koi 40 50 ka to order aii

credit belongs to china.,
For making a successful product.
For Pakistan successfully market it.
Credit goes to pakistan :

For not letting a great project die down by getting cold feet,even when PLAAF didn't acquire any units.

For having faith in own abilities to make JF17 a potent platform with continuous upgradations

For own far-sight to see that JF17 is not just required for PAF but can capture markets around the world also.

Credit goes to pakistan :

For not letting a great project die down by getting cold feet,even when PLAAF didn't acquire any units.

For having faith in own abilities to make JF17 a potent platform with continuous upgradations

For own far-sight to see that JF17 is not just required for PAF but can capture markets around the world also.

Can't agree more, very well said. CAC, PAC and most importantly the heavy user PAF are all key stakeholders, team Pakistan should definitely hold credit for success. Congrats bros!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom