What's new

JF - 17 possible controversy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nescafe

Reaction score
Dear Users,

i am not too much into air planes. like, i am not up to the standard that i read on PDF posted by professional users.

my question or argument is simple.

is JF 17 good enough a plane? if so then why aint the chinese air force aint using JF 17 itself. do they have other replacements for this interceptor. if they had a better single engine 4 G interceptor then why did they do ToT of JF 17 to pakistan.

:)

thanks.

The chinese dont use it because it is not there in there doctrin they are now using only twin engines jets for example su 30. J10 j 11 j 20 etc and yeah also they have better 4 gen jets

The chinese dont use it because it is not there in there doctrin they are now using only twin engines jets for example su 30. J10 j 11 j 20 etc and yeah also they have better 4 gen jets

I have a weak vision and cant seem to locate the second engine in the below pic, that is that of a J-10. Can you pinpoint it for me please.

AIR_J-10_lg.jpg

I have a weak vision and cant seem to locate the second engine in the below pic, that is that of a J-10

AIR_J-10_lg.jpg

oh sorry my bad i mentioned j10 actually i was told this by one of the chinese members here that they are not taking jf 17 because it doesnt fits the new doctrines

Well you better check before you write ... J-10 is a single engine jet which will be the work horse of PLAAF ... about controversy of china is not buying F-17 well this is right that whether it fits to their war doctrine ... In fact its a project which is focused for need of Pakistan Air force ... so where ever else it fits it will get a ... even in this forum I come to understand that china may going to buy this jet sooner in quantities but it depends how they want to replace their mig-21 fleet as its as big as 600 jets so the most cost effective solution for this replacement is JFT or its future Variant ... as some people going to differ with me that china will replace them with J-10 ... and some others may say that china is not a cash strapped country but 1 must understand that no 1 has unlimited resources and 1 must needs to be utilized efficiently ...

oh sorry my bad i mentioned j10 actually i was told this by one of the chinese members here that they are not taking jf 17 because it doesnt fits the new doctrines

I would rather wait and see, the Chinese do it and then show it to the world that they have done it. The have a huge fleet of 21s to replace and the most economical way would be to throw in some thunders, just a guess based on what I have read so far. So lets see what happens. Its any ones guess so far.

@allpakistani's member here is the post made by a chinese member

tanlixiang28776
FULL MEMBERS

Thanks

Re: IAF wants 50 more Sukhois to counter China, Pakistan
So basically you say the single engine jf-17 has no future in the PLAAF?
Original Post By FNFAL
Its not within our doctrine. Other countries still do though

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-...50-more-sukhois-counter-china-pakistan-6.html

there are 2 or 3 similar posts made am trying to find it so bare with me

@allpakistani's member here is the post made by a chinese member

tanlixiang28776
FULL MEMBERS

Thanks

Re: IAF wants 50 more Sukhois to counter China, Pakistan
So basically you say the single engine jf-17 has no future in the PLAAF?
Original Post By FNFAL
Its not within our doctrine. Other countries still do though

It is just a personal view, can it be disputed. Yes and no! But is it a fact. Ofcourse not.

Well you better check before you write ... J-10 is a single engine jet which will be the work horse of PLAAF ... about controversy of china is not buying F-17 well this is right that whether it fits to their war doctrine ... In fact its a project which is focused for need of Pakistan Air force ... so where ever else it fits it will get a ... even in this forum I come to understand that china may going to buy this jet sooner in quantities but it depends how they want to replace their mig-21 fleet as its as big as 600 jets so the most cost effective solution for this replacement is JFT or its future Variant ... as some people going to differ with me that china will replace them with J-10 ... and some others may say that china is not a cash strapped country but 1 must understand that no 1 has unlimited resources and 1 must needs to be utilized efficiently ...

well sorry i read the posts again its not because of the enjine but because of its class they are know going for more medium and heavy weight jets

jf17 and a light fighter.. maybe L15 varient is on the cards to cover all the j7 squadrons that the chinese have however chinese indeginous engine is the biggest hurdle for them at the moment for inducting jf17

this is the info gathered from multiple chinese forums

It is just a personal view, can it be disputed. Yes and no! But is it a fact. Ofcourse not.

well i never said its a bad jet and yeah they can no matter replace there aging jets with thunder as it will be cost affective but they dont have any shortage of funds wont it be better to replace them with j 10

The JF-17 thunder is an export single seat fighter the program was launched to support Pakistan's need for Single Seat fighter plane , and joint research and development effort.

China did not needed the plane as much as Pakistan had a genuine need so that is why we received the TOT to break free from embargoes.

As for China why they have not depended only on JF17 thunder fighter plane is simple , China is developing 20-25 jet projects, so when they allocate their funding they allocate the funding based on large scheme of things

They are developing so many projects that they can't possible select all project that they develop

Let put it this way ...

Pakistan was thirsty , China was also thirsty

So Pakistan and China made a Lassi drink

Lassi is perfect for Pakistani with out meal but China , also made coca cola , they also got red wine , they also got Sprite and Rooh Afzah

So We are happy with Lassi , China can drink any drink they want -

But we are trying to also get our hands on J10B which is sorta like a better Lassi

Also point to note is that unlike Pakistan , China has already got HUGE inventory of planes , they can't shut them down , in moments notice and replace them ... budget concerns

But Pakistan is flying old Mirages from 70's so we are happy to replace our inventory - IMMEDIATELY

What did China Achieved from the Project :

a) Experience working with Pakistani Engineers on collaboration
b) They got a brand name fighter plane being used in World Top 10 airforce
c) They got to enhance Pakistan - China relations
d) Many customers have inquired about getting the planes

So what China gained was Trade (business benefits) what Pakistan got was Much needed Airforce over haul

Pointless post by you.

They are already considering it, because they too need to retire the J-7s......and need a stop gap plane to fill in before J-10 and J-20s are fully inducted along with J-11.

This thread must be deleted.
The poster didn't even bothered to open the last page of JFT thread and instead open a new thread.

Alot of evidence suggests that the Chinese are infact looking to induct the JFT. They continue to spend funds developing and testing the JFT, and the 4th Prototype aircraft(PT-04) is their testbed.

They already depend on the Russians for the engines for the J-10, they are developing local replacements for that, it is unlikely that they would continue their dependance by using Russian engines on their JFT(which many sources suggest is likely to be dubbed the J-9 in active service in the PLAAF). There have been reports in the media about the FC-1 successfully conducting taxi trials with the WS-13 engines over a year ago, and also that the aircraft ha passed the PLAAF assessment/certification procedure.

Your eyesight indeed might be bad, and I recommend you investigate the critical thinking ability of the brain behind them, it seems suspect. Spending some time reading and researching to find honest answers might be fruitful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom