What's new

JF-17 Block III Multirole Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Block III needs AESA, New Missile system, better Engine, and new ram coating.

Hi,

What's wrong with the engine---? Aesa, new missile systems---new ram coating are understandable----but what the engine?

Hi,

What's wrong with the engine---? Aesa, new missile systems---new ram coating are understandable----but what the engine?

They should start working on composites, that's not tough as engines parts and geometry would remain same.

Strange, considering organisational size of PAC and they are already much late in this field.

what do you mean by this?

HOW MANY OF TOTAL JF-17 PAF GOT?:butcher:
A report from AAD2016 said 70. .. ... It agrees with the latest video from Kamra showing 2P21 on the finishing line.

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=45105&catid=35&Itemid=107

Written by Dean Wingrin, Friday, 16 September 2016

The JF-17 is jointly produced by the Chengdu Aircraft Industries Corporation (CAC) of China and the PAC. The Pakistan Air Force already has 70 in service and will acquire up to 200.

Last edited:
Hi,

Sir the new radar may well beed more power. More missiles and increased payload capability also needs a more powerful engine. I think that is why he mentioned a new engine.

Personally, i am not sure if that is what PAF and PAC are thinking at the moment. Also i do not say this is a pressing need however if an opportunity presents itself Pakistan must look into it for sure.

About new missiles, that too is more likely requirment for the export marketting effort (offer weapon integration from various sources surely helps) rather than capability enhancement. I have seen people getting a bit speculative about SD10 but it still is a capable weapon system and will serve JF17 well.

what do you mean by this?

HOW MANY OF TOTAL JF-17 PAF GOT?:butcher:
As per latest reports, the number stands at 70!

Edit: Oh @Tempest II have already answered it. :) Thanks man

They should start working on composites, that's not tough as engines parts and geometry would remain same.

Strange, considering organisational size of PAC and they are already much late in this field.
need to setup a research directing body and get your institutes and private sector invilved for those composities!
@Oscar @Dazzler @araz ?

Why we going to blk 2 we make blk 3 changes directly will save money and time

Because in reality Block-I lacked the necessary operational features that defined it ... like issues with BVR and PGM delivery when it was brought into service. But nonetheless it was necessary for pilots to gain proficiency over the platform and tactics be devised on it ASAP (while these issues were being ironed out in the background).

Block-II came with better EW suite, Block-I issues ironed out, better Radar KLJ-7v2, IFR probe etc. Some or most of these modifications have either already been incorporated on the Block-Is or are (in-process / going to be).

Block-III needs time to become a reality / prototype. Work is going on that score at the moment along with the production of Block-IIs. We also need to replace our legacy fighters ASAP i.e. the F-7Ps and the non-ROSE Mirages. We cannot wait until Block-III materializes.

All Blk-I planes are expected to be upgraded to Blk-II standard at some point in future. Things like structural strengthening so it can carry more payload with help dual ejector rails, IFR probes, Perhapz a better version of KLJ-7 radar etc.
Blk-III on other hand is expected to come with more significant improvements like new avionics and radar, better EW, new weapon systems, HMS etc. All this is the reason why we cannt just skip BLK-II

needs a more powerful engine.

For me, it could be more about Chinese improved variant as to the some sources, made debut or it is going to be RD-93MA (speculated though).

need to setup a research directing body and get your institutes and private sector invilved for those composities!
@Oscar @Dazzler @araz ?

They are lucky in the sense that a lot of research has been done and machine, mechanisms and experienced engineers have been evolved. They just need to pick these from market, as every successful and profitable organization does. It took me and my fellow researcher one and half year to just get concepts for conversion of the ordinary weaving machine to work with carbon fibers. They don't need to start from that level.

And they are not lucky in the sense that they can't even control their own people who come to Europe for Masters and PhDs and don't go back. How can they pick others more experienced ones from market.

So as in every institution in Pakistan, basic problem remains corruption and not the technical know how.

We have 70 JF17 Thunders (We also did Block 1-> Block 2 conversions )
May be by december we will know if the figures changed

Last edited:
Pakistan should have inducted AESA more goodies in blk 2 rather than wasting money on blk 2 radar now than replace it with AESA in blk 3

We. Cry over here for money but PAF opened all bags for these blocks

We can save millions right here right now rather than later

No major worries , we have our old upgrade schedule , in due time these items will get upgraded
As you know by end of year we should complete a batch of goodies :pakistan:
Block 3 I guess it is natural to let it come in its due time no major rush

• We added a vital piece in our Defense LY-80, helps greatly with defensive needs
  • We added HQ-7B last year , again a pure defensive weapon
  • And of course we had Type PG99 (CS/SA1)
  • Coast defense Missile (Just added recently)

I am quite satisfied with the recent approach by Pakistan Military

Last edited:
Personally i think

AESA
NEw engine with TVC
5th generation avionics
redesigned airframe
e.g Diamond nose
reduced RCS
IRST
PL-21D as Primary BVR or indegenous BVR
ECM like Spectra

and many more unknown goodies

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

A dedicated thread for JFT III as it is only 4 years far frrom reality

I have doubts that any indigenous BVR in short to medium term will be developed, further it is more suitable that instead of giving IRST, BVR, ECM etc we should discuss possible gadgets and their suppliers along with their capabilities.

i.AESA radar which one is faesible with range factor, HOBS WVR missile and it's supplier etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom