What's new

JF-17 Additional Flare Dispensers in Block-II & Upgraded Block-I

DANGER-ZONE

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hello Everyone,

Don't know whether you guys noticed this or not but JF-17 serving in Sqn. Minhas, Karachi have been seen with additional flare dispensers installed in fuselage in upward direction close to the leading edges of horizontal stabilators. So now there are total 4 flare dispensers in each JFT, two on each side in upward & downward directions.

Following are a few examples of Block-1 & Block-2 aircraft from Minhas Sqn.
P.S. That Black Panther bird is also from the same Sqn. but haven't painted with new markings.

4114311.jpg

4140073.jpg

4065287.jpg

4065281.jpg

4061815.jpg

Old Bird:

2246939.jpg

The dispensers in the above pictures that you have posted, were there from the begining, no doubt in that but we are talking about the one seen on the top, at the moment.

Yups i know. Just posted those pics to show that the underneath ones were hidden similarly the top ones were too. I believe the upper side may use Chaff and lower ones would launch flares. However, will try to confirm it.

Yups i know. Just posted those pics to show that the underneath ones were hidden similarly the top ones were too. I believe the upper side may use Chaff and lower ones would launch flares. However, will try to confirm it.

Can those Flare be good against Anti-Radiation Missiles ?

Can those Flare be good against Anti-Radiation Missiles ?

Nops. As told below, just simply off the radar and in future with AESA radars for anti radiation missiles to work successfully seems difficult.

Anti radiation means the missiles goes to the source of the radiation, once its off the missile doesn't knows where to go to or what to target except if it has a dual seeker in shape of a radar itself from which it finds the target and goes for it.

Flares for Infra red missiles and Chaff for radar guided missiles.

Good read for knowledge:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_radar_homing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-radiation_missile

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom