What's new

JF-17 (2P29) arrives in Pakistan

Which would be?

The basic issue is where the pods would go and the associated weight penalty. A pod is still something hanging off the aircraft and is a source of drag.

Sir,I beg you to Ans this Question.
What penalties drop tanks carried by JFT on any mission would have on it's mission,like drag,hardpoint consumption and maneuvers and what will be effect on performance if fuel is accommodated in dorsel spine like mig-21 bis.
@Bilal Khan 777

Last edited:
Not sure what is the basis of this statement ?
"But for that u need powerful engine r use of composite should be more than 50%."

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/jf-17-2p29-arrives-in-pakistan.435549/page-13#ixzz4JyS7a3da
upload_2016-9-11_14-40-9.png
upload_2016-9-11_14-42-10.png

May be someone who had experienced on F16 and Gripen

If you can modify F104 of 1950s you can JF-17 of 2000s, as long as there is no negative performance impact

@3:30

:)

Last edited:
I started to believe that Pakistan missed JFT requirements to have air intake hard points

"But for that u need powerful engine r use of composite should be more than 50%."

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/jf-17-2p29-arrives-in-pakistan.435549/page-13#ixzz4JyS7a3da
View attachment 333577 View attachment 333580

May be someone who had experienced on F16 and Gripen

If you can modify F104 of 1950s you can JF-17 of 2000s, as long as there is no negative performance impact

@3:30

:)
The f104 you have shown here never took off. Even if it, it will have to come back and land after 15 minutes, take this from a star fighter pilot.

superior load carrying capability, increased weapon stations o_Oo_O

So what is the Load Capacity of JF-17 is now?
and where did they add new Weapon stations? on the Wings or under the Belly??

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:
Then it will look more like a F-15 AND FA-18.
F-15E load-out :-
ods_loadout_06.jpg

F-15C_AIM-9_AIM-120_m02006120700063.jpg

F\A-18 Load-out :-

aim120_2.jpg

FA-1877SQNAsraamAmraam.jpg

https://defence.pk/threads/jf-17-2p29-arrives-in-pakistan.435549/page-13#ixzz4JyS7a3da
View attachment 333577 View attachment 333580

This may be a demo-static display, with strengthened air-frame using heavy metals. The F-104 was a high speed, lower drag super sonic interceptor designed to carry very little ammo and additional fuel. Its main initial purpose was to chase after the Mig-25's with high velocity.

The picture above makes me 99 % positive that it won't fly with this much air to ground stuff on it. Its structural integrity would seriously get compromised upon one flight, let alone if it comes back in one solid piece, specially if the pilot decides to use it for its intended purpose, meaning at high velocity!!

Last edited:
Guys ... can we stay on topic please ???

This is related to the no. 229 in Pakistan and not on if or where the JF-17 should or could carry more pylons.

Thank You.

Deino

JF-17 Original Load-out:-
You can see 2 long range missiles (BVR), 2 Short range missiles (WVR) with 2 ASHM's and 1 Fuel tank.
jf-17_thunder_sd-10_bvr_c-802_anti_shipping_missile_load.jpg

Why not make Dual Engine JF-17 for more payload ?

@Oscar @Windjammer @Basel @Horus @Zarvan @Arsalan @WAJsal

2 engines will make it totally new bird, means starting project from point A again.

Edit:

@Windjammer @Bilal Khan 777

PAF should upgrade airframe to allow CAP with:

(1) 2 WVR on wing tips, and 8 BVRs using dual REK allowing 4 BVRs under each wing with Center line fuel tank

OR

(2) 2 BVR on wing tips, and 4 BVRs using dual REK (2 under each wing inner hard point) and 4 WVR using dual REK (2 under each wing outer hard point)

Last edited:
As you can see it has two engines n it can bear that load n can attain 1.8 Mach. So u need a very powerful engine r reduce the wait to attain at least 1.4 to 1.3 Mach because right now without weapon load JFT attain 1.6. So I need a very powerful engine to attain that.

@Bilal Khan 777
I find this picture on net Which mentioned with reference to Allen Warns that JF-17 block III will be equipped with AESA radar. What you say about that.
094641r4y99fsztnsnwfn4.jpg

This Block 2 JF-17, with its KLJ-7 airborne pulse doppler fire-control radar visible, was one of the few units on the production line at PAC Kamra on 19 February. The Block 3 version, now being developed, will accommodate a new AESA radar. (Alan Warnes)

@Bilal Khan 777
I find this picture on net Which mentioned with reference to Allen Warns that JF-17 block III will be equipped with AESA radar. What you say about that.

This Block 2 JF-17, with its KLJ-7 airborne pulse doppler fire-control radar visible, was one of the few units on the production line at PAC Kamra on 19 February. The Block 3 version, now being developed, will accommodate a new AESA radar. (Alan Warnes)

There was news that PAF is looking for Selex Raven AESA Radar for JF-17 but nothing confirmed yet

radar-Raven-ES-05-com-Skyguard-no-alto-Laad-2011-foto-Nun%C3%A3o-Poder-A%C3%A9reo.jpg

@Bilal Khan 777

This is a KLJ7 radar, that is manufactured in KARF (Now called APF). PAF is in the market looking for an AESA development to fit the bird for block three production.

There was news that PAF is looking for Selex Raven AESA Radar for JF-17 but nothing confirmed yet

radar-Raven-ES-05-com-Skyguard-no-alto-Laad-2011-foto-Nun%C3%A3o-Poder-A%C3%A9reo.jpg
I don't think so Grippen allow this since JF-17 is clearly challenging Grippen's market and only edge is AESA radar and I believe they will never allow this happen.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom