What's new

Javed Hashmi vs. Musharraf in NA-48

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Islamabad

An absorbing tough electoral fight will be at hand, if Makhdoom Javed Hashmi of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf persists with his move to contest from NA-48, Islamabad, from where ex-military ruler Pervez Musharraf has also filed his nomination papers for this NA seat.

Though, there are interesting names, who have submitted nomination papers from this federal capital constituency such as PML-N’s Anjum Aqeel Khan and Mustafa Nawaz Khokhar of PPP. However, the focus will be on Hashmi and Musharraf, as to who bags more votes. Others in the field from this constituency include J Salik and Ahmad Raza Kasuri, who takes pride in his role in hanging of former prime minister Zulfikar Ali Bhutto.

It is astonishing for many as to why PML-N President Mian Nawaz Sharif showed no interest to challenge the former military ruler, who had toppled his government in a coup in October 1999. Hashmi appears to be in a very aggressive mood for he has filed his papers from NA-120,Lahore, from where his former party leader (Nawaz) is also vying and this constituency is seen as one of his strongholds. The PTI leader has also applied for NA-122,126 (Lahore) and NA-149 (Multan).

“Musharraf is history. Hashmi braved Musharraf’s antics courageously but never gave in. He is a hero of every Pakistani, who has love for democracy. The former military ruler will face a crushing defeat at the hands of a brave man,” claimed Chaudhry Rizwan, a PTI activist from Islamabad,

Hashmi was incarcerated for about four years during the regime of Musharraf. He blames the former military ruler for his ordeal in Kot Lakhpat jail. Ultimately he was released on the orders of the Supreme Court in August 2007 and his freeing was hailed by his friends and foes alike.

The veteran politician was arrested on October 29, 2003, nine days after he had distributed a letter to the media in the parliament’s cafeteria. The letter was supposedly written by an anonymous Pakistan Army officer and it was believed that this incited people against the army. Hashmi was sentenced to 23 years in jail on April 12, 2004, on charges of inciting mutiny, defaming the army and army officers, forgery and abetment.

In 2008 elections, Hashmi won from more than two constituencies, including NA-55, Rawalpindi, Ignoring him, Ch.Nisar Ali Khan was made leader of opposition in the National Assembly that laid foundation of seething differences between Hashmi and Sharifs.

Afterwards, Hashmi developed differences with Sharif brothers and parted ways with PML-N to join PTI about two years back.

Meanwhile, PTI released a statement by its senior activist Adnan Randhawa, whose papers were cleared by the returning officer Tuesday. He said he was excited to contest against Musharraf, if the party gave him a go-ahead. Insiders say, Hashmi is keen to give a tough fight to Musharraf from this constituency. Therefore, Randhawa may stand no chance of a fight from this constituency.

Javed Hashmi vs. Musharraf in NA-48 - thenews.com.pk

Javed Hashmi Didn't even submitted his TAX proofs and Property Details. Why ECP didn't ask from JH about it?

Musharaf is kind of One Man Show, but still He has enough signs to enter the parliament. Let see where this ends up!

pmln ka anjum akeel whose militia attacked police station when he was arrested in 6 billion corruption scam... how nice !!

anyway, PTI candidates from NA-48 are Adnan Randhawa, Faisal Khan, and Javed Hashmi... all winnable candidates...

I reckon MUsharraf will get a decent number of votes and might just give the other candidates a run for their money...who knows!:meeting:

I reckon MUsharraf will get a decent number of votes and might just give the other candidates a run for their money...who knows!:meeting:
No Sir Musharraf is going to very few votes not much hatred against him is immense in public and he is going to face their wrath in elections really very soon

Islamabad is the last place in pakistan musharraf can win. I have already explained that people dont like him over there due to lal masjid. Now his supporters can give me a ten page list but it doesnt matter, the common man hates him. Javed hashmi on the other hand has alot of strength and followers. I think in my unbiased opinion hashmi has a good chance of winning over here.

Back
Top Bottom