What's new

Japanese troops take Singapore from Indians and British.

90,000 VS 40,000, and 80,000 captured. If there ever is evidence the Americans are very much alone in their web of alliances is this.

I respect the Americans for fighting bravely and dying like men, but the British are nothing but cowards, how does such a large percentage of men get captured, how does this happen.

We may have been beaten, but not defeated, we lost millions, but we fought on. Against Japanese aggression, our Beiyang fleet's commanders all but one either died or committed suicide rather than surrendering. The commander in Chief also committed suicide instead of surrendering.

WW2, most of our men fought until the last men, even when they were holding nothing but bambo sticks.

Today we have weapons and money, this is why I always mention the Americans alone and never say Allies, cause in reality, the Americans have no REAL allies, bunch of pussies and crybabies are not soldiers.

Side note, thank god the Russians are on our side, be terrible for whoever wants to fight the Russians.

A portion of rebellious Indian freedom fighters were allied with the Japanese. In a way, India would have won who ever won the world war.

Well that's really not "winning" per se, rather passively accepting the reality.

On topic: Yamashita said that the locals would see the Westerners as thief's and the Japanese as their brothers.

90,000 VS 40,000, and 80,000 captured. If there ever is evidence the Americans are very much alone in their web of alliances is this.

I respect the Americans for fighting bravely and dying like men, but the British are nothing but cowards, how does such a large percentage of men get captured, how does this happen.

We may have been beaten, but not defeated, we lost millions, but we fought on. Against Japanese aggression, our Beiyang fleet's commanders all but one either died or committed suicide rather than surrendering. The commander in Chief also committed suicide instead of surrendering.

WW2, most of our men fought until the last men, even when they were holding nothing but bambo sticks.

Today we have weapons and money, this is why I always mention the Americans alone and never say Allies, cause in reality, the Americans have no REAL allies, bunch of pussies and crybabies are not soldiers.

Side note, thank god the Russians are on our side, be terrible for whoever wants to fight the Russians.

actually you're wrong...Britain couldn't send a proper naval force or airforce to Singapore to support the troops..and this what happens when you fight against a experienced army while you've no proper navy,virtually no air force and almost out of ammo...

Battle of Singapore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and I don't want to drag China here as I may embarrass you by posting various was with japan like Mukden Incident and January 28 incident..its the US and British airforce and Soviet help that actually prevented China's annihilation..its only due to loss to the allied forces,they surrendered in China...or else,they had around 30-40% of China under their control..also,it was their defeat in the hand of British Indian army,that prevented them from opening a second front(more like 3rd front) in China..

Most of the british soldiers were Indian and they were put to the war against their will. Nobody had the heart of fighting. Wide spread defection was common. Besides there were locals who sided with Japanese (Burma a prime example).
Azad Hind - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

actually you're wrong...Britain couldn't send a proper naval force or airforce to Singapore to support the troops..and this what happens when you fight against a experienced army while you've no proper navy,virtually no air force and almost out of ammo...

Battle of Singapore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and I don't want to drag China here as I may embarrass you by posting various was with japan like Mukden Incident and January 28 incident..its the US and British airforce and Soviet help that actually prevented China's annihilation..its only due to loss to the allied forces,they surrendered in China...or else,they had around 30-40% of China under their control..also,it was their defeat in the hand of British Indian army,that prevented them from opening a second front(more like 3rd front) in China..

First we never had a air force or navy to fight the Japanese. Some troops had no food and guns, and yet, we held out, so did the Russians under similar circumstances.

Second, it was a lot more than 40% occupied, ChongQing, was the third capital used. The US and British refused help until after Pearl Harbor, and even after that it was token help with just aid.

China did most of the damage to Japanese land forces, while Japan lost in the sea war to US. At the time of surrender over a million strong Japanese were in China, they were the elite.

By 1941, before the American entry into the war, and help, we stopped the Japanese already, we couldn't take back territory, but they also couldn't advance any further.

The nationalists at that time still had half a million of their trained troops, and millions of new recruits.

British ran for their lives in Burma, it was our troops that relieved them, the japanese had to discard their bags and supplies to chase them down as they were running so fast.

With our first burma campaign a failure, one of our America educated commanders took his troops to India, where they were retrained and equipped by the Americans, which lead to the creation of the new 1st and new 6th army that eventually took back Burma, and was part of the major counter attack on the Japanese that never happened as the US dropped the Nuke.

The last major Japanese offensive ended in Chinese victory and counter attack.

Don't pretent the Allies did the bulk of the work, all Japanese elites were in China, minus navy. The Allies were lucky that Stalin and Chang kept close to 96% of all Axis troops occupied while Americans had the simpler task. Name one American battle against the Japanese that had the same number of troops they used against us, you can't cause that never happened.

You can look all of this up, or I can even provide sources if you want, American ones. You don't think you know more about a Chinese war than I would, did you. Sometimes I wonder who's under more propaganda me or you.

Really, you call the country who once had the biggest empire of all time nothing but cowards.
they were the only country in Europe who had not surrendered to the axis, not even an inch of british mainland was taken while countries like france austria poland etc were annexed easily

First Opium War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

19.000 brits vs 200.000 chinese...result?British victory!! What a bunch of cowards and useless people those chinese,who above all we're fighting on home ground! :closed:

First we never had a air force or navy to fight the Japanese. Some troops had no food and guns, and yet, we held out, so did the Russians under similar circumstances.

Second, it was a lot more than 40% occupied, ChongQing, was the third capital used. The US and British refused help until after Pearl Harbor, and even after that it was token help with just aid.

China did most of the damage to Japanese land forces, while Japan lost in the sea war to US. At the time of surrender over a million strong Japanese were in China, they were the elite.

By 1941, before the American entry into the war, and help, we stopped the Japanese already, we couldn't take back territory, but they also couldn't advance any further.

The nationalists at that time still had half a million of their trained troops, and millions of new recruits.

British ran for their lives in Burma, it was our troops that relieved them, the japanese had to discard their bags and supplies to chase them down as they were running so fast.

With our first burma campaign a failure, one of our America educated commanders took his troops to India, where they were retrained and equipped by the Americans, which lead to the creation of the new 1st and new 6th army that eventually took back Burma, and was part of the major counter attack on the Japanese that never happened as the US dropped the Nuke.

The last major Japanese offensive ended in Chinese victory and counter attack.

Don't pretent the Allies did the bulk of the work, all Japanese elites were in China, minus navy. The Allies were lucky that Stalin and Chang kept close to 96% of all Axis troops occupied while Americans had the simpler task. Name one American battle against the Japanese that had the same number of troops they used against us, you can't cause that never happened.

You can look all of this up, or I can even provide sources if you want, American ones. You don't think you know more about a Chinese war than I would, did you. Sometimes I wonder who's under more propaganda me or you.

what you think is somewhat wrong..Japan's failure to take entire China couldn't be successful due to its losses in Battle of Khalkhin Gol...also,USA's help was not in small amout at all..they had flew nearly 1000 aircrafts in China..don't know without their help(Flying Tigers..300 kills against a loss of 12 of P-40 fighters),how China would hold out or what their actual airforce's strength was...

now lets take a look of your other claims..shall we???

Japan didn't have more than 40% of your land...look at the map..

Second_Sino-Japanese_War_WW2.png

British didn't make a run in Burma..they actually tried to make an offensive which only succeeded during 1944..tide of the war changed only during battle of kohima...

this campaign was disastrous for China as they were captured....read this....

The leading elements of the Thai Phayap Army crossed the border into the Shan States on 10 May 1942. Three Thai infantry and one cavalry division, spearheaded by armoured reconnaissance groups and supported by the air force, engaged the retreating Chinese 93rd Division. Kengtung, the main objective, was captured on 27 May.
On 12 July, General Phin Choonhavan, the Thai military governor of Shan State, ordered the 3rd Division of the Phayap Army from south of Shan State to occupy Kayah State and expel the Chinese 55rd Division from Loikaw. The Chinese troops could not retreat because the routes to Yunnan were controlled by the Thais and Japanese. The Thais captured many Chinese soldiers.

also,China's help during this operation was mainly around Yunnan front,where they captured airfield at Myitkyina..but their progress halted at Lungling..also,the credit goes to CHINDITS too...

please read this link and assess about China's success and contribution in Burma Campaign...

Burma Campaign - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you're actually somewhat changing the truth...its true that a huge amount of soldiers surrendered after 1945..but please not that Japan didn't mount any major offensive after 1941 in China...

Most of the british soldiers were Indian and they were put to the war against their will. Nobody had the heart of fighting. Wide spread defection was common. Besides there were locals who sided with Japanese (Burma a prime example).
Azad Hind - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well who would?

Gandhi pushed the whole subcontinent into fighting a European war that had nothing to do with the people of this region.

What was the motivation of the soldiers?

Just a paltry, biased salary and listening to shyt from colonial uptights.

Which is why I admire Netaji more. Even while fighting British, he had strict orders on not to kill our people and instead shoot only at the Brit (origin) captains and officers.

what you think is somewhat wrong..Japan's failure to take entire China couldn't be successful due to its losses in Battle of Khalkhin Gol...also,USA's help was not in small amout at all..they had flew nearly 1000 aircrafts in China..don't know without their help(Flying Tigers..300 kills against a loss of 12 of P-40 fighters),how China would hold out or what their actual airforce's strength was...

now lets take a look of your other claims..shall we???

Japan didn't have more than 40% of your land...look at the map..

Second_Sino-Japanese_War_WW2.png

British didn't make a run in Burma..they actually tried to make an offensive which only succeeded during 1944..tide of the war changed only during battle of kohima...

this campaign was disastrous for China as they were captured....read this....

also,China's help during this operation was mainly around Yunnan front,where they captured airfield at Myitkyina..but their progress halted at Lungling..also,the credit goes to CHINDITS too...

please read this link and assess about China's success and contribution in Burma Campaign...

Burma Campaign - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you're actually somewhat changing the truth...its true that a huge amount of soldiers surrendered after 1945..but please not that Japan didn't mount any major offensive after 1941 in China...

The battle you described is minor, it might have involved the best Russian general in WW2, it wasn't decisive and certainly didn't change anything, other than Japanese don't think much of the Russians, to know that Russians still exist after Russo Japanese war.

Japanese offensives were all around 200,000 men or more. You think a few aircrafts would make a difference? Or as big? We had close to no air force and the navy is about as powerful as Vietnam is now. The japanese had over 10,000 fighters, perhaps more and a fleet that at one point out matched the US.

The flying tigers were a help, but not much. America's entry is very very important, but it was after 1941, when the Battle of Shanghai and battle of Wuhan were over. And when we halted them after three Battle of Changsha. Third and most decisive came a month after American entry.

These battles especially battle of Wuhan and Changsha, effectively halted all Japanese advances, until 1944, when Chang saw victory in sight and wanted to focus all his best troops on communists and thus were reluctant to wage total war and also the person in command Bai Chongxi was a major opponent of Chang and thus cannot effectively command Chang's own personal troops, which at that point was the majority.

You claim that one small battle changed Japanese offensive and not the major battles between China and Japan is laughable. You wouldn't think the Canadian attack on France before D-day or even D-day (which the Russians or Americans didn't do for China) and not the battle of Stalingrad decided for Russia would you.

More than 40%, depends on how you see it, Tibet, mongolia and Xinjiang at that time was pretty much autonomous, and thus didn't count towards it. That map is also not right, I know for a fact that some cities were taken over and areas that were not on that map. But let's agree ti disagree, not the point of this discussion anyways.

The Burma campaign has been agreed to be a sideshow of the main Sino Japanese war. Why did the British succeed in 1944? Does it have something to do with the formation of the New first and new sixth Army? All American trained and equipped including air superiority and supplies and even tanks. Did it have something to do with the newly equipped troops in China fresh and ready numbering in 200,000 tying and fighting the Japanese? Does it have something to do with China's Wei Lihuang, who at that point suffered close to no defeats.

We were defeated and captured in the first Burma campaign but not the second, the first one was ill planned and Chang wanted his troops to return through a very dangerous route (he didn't want to lose control of his troops, remember it was still the warlord era during the sino Japanese war) despite Sun LiRen (educated in America, one of the best Generals in WW2 agreed by all of the Allies)'s objections? He refused to obey and made his way to India to be supplied and equipped by the Americans which formed the bases of the new First and Sixth army, called the best in Chinese army.

I read the wiki article, but it is very different from Chinese perspective or even American. IF you don't trust Chinese sources, do you trust American? And they are credible books, by Americans, including books with information directly from general Stilwell.

Operation ichi-go was only successful due to political infighting of the Nationalists, not because the Japanese were somehow revitalized after several big defeats.

British involvement in China theater is not huge. Understandable, their own capital is being bombed to the stone age.

The Chinese were the biggest factor in the Japanese war plans in WW2. Anyone who has studied it would agree. Unless you think all of the best troops and majority of the air force being tied down is not important or didn't help.

First Opium War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

19.000 brits vs 200.000 chinese...result?British victory!! What a bunch of cowards and useless people those chinese,who above all we're fighting on home ground! :closed:

Why do you come up with numbers? What strength a number has when it is not supported by weapons? Did the Chinese have weapons to counter Japanese incursion into China?

Back
Top Bottom