What's new

Japan to test fly F-3 stealth fighter this summer

i am waiting for it since long long time since i seen this image few years ago

atdx-shinshin725.jpg

thats thing is tiny! its as big as a trainer jet! maybe a bit bigger than the hawk. the size dosnt look right

thats thing is tiny! its as big as a trainer jet! maybe a bit bigger than the hawk. the size dosnt look right

This is just a technology demonstrator, and anyway in the article it said, its suppose to be a "light weight" aircraft

The most interesting feature of this jet is it's 'Self Repairing Flight Control Capability' which will allow the aircraft to automatically detect failures or damage in its flight control surfaces, and using the remaining control surfaces, calibrate accordingly to retain controlled flight.

@Nihonjin1051 Can you elaborate about it's 'Self Repairing Flight Control Capability' and is its AESA radar called the 'Multifunction RF Sensor' the same one being developed by DARPA?

http://www.darpa.mil/Our_Work/STO/Programs/Multifunction_RF_(MFRF).aspx

Japanese Engineering is really world class.

This is just a technology demonstrator, and anyway in the article it said, its suppose to be a "light weight" aircraft

Japan is also planning heavy fighter according to various sorces.

wtf -- is this some marriage procession

Elementary my dear @Manticore, it is called taggging members.

Last edited:
Looks like we end up buying F3 in the future . Japanese weapons are well known for quality and high technology . Just to pin down their big threat !!!!!!

SORYU and F3 for India :D

Let's leave something for our DPSUs to accomplish shall we....

Self respect and self-reliance is the key.

Congratulations Japan!

Japan has all the technology at it's disposal to make a competitive 5th generation fighter.

@Nihonjin1051 : In your opinion would Japan be open to selling this fighter abroad(downgraded) when ready? Japan should launch a mass promotional drive in due course as without exports Japan would face a heavy burden on it's budget to develop and procure this fighter.

I'm looking forward to this one.

isnt it way too small ?! what kind of missiles will it carry ?!
Precisely. It would take too much time, effort , & $$$ to turn this sub-scale tech demonstrator into a service type fighter. The difference between this miniature toy & the actual fighter requirement is simply too great.

Back
Top Bottom