What's new

Japan, Taiwan, Vietnam and US held meeting to discuss sea disputes

William Hung

Reaction score
This is amazing @Nihonjin1051 , Diplomat representatives and academics from Japan, Taiwan, Vietnam and US all sitting down together to discuss the sea disputes and how to resolve them.

A perfect example of how disputes resolution should be done. This is a good direction, the future is looking bright my friend. Notice there are sea disputes between Japan-Taiwan and Vietnam-Taiwan but all parties are mature enough to sit down together and participate in this friendly meeting. My respect to Japan, Taiwan and Vietnam diplomats and academics for participating in this. I heard the Philippines will also participate in the next meeting. I believe if all parties sit down and talk like this instead of bullying and threatening others, the Philippines would not have gone to the court in the first place. My hope is that all parties, including China, will soon talk multi-laterally like this meeting.

LET PEACE AND FRIENDSHIP PREVAILS!!!!

English - VietNamNet News

Tokyo workshop eyes ways to address East Sea issue

Representatives from foreign diplomatic missions and research institutes gathered at a workshop in Tokyo on July 22-23 to seek avenues to promote international cooperation for peace and stability in Asian waters and to cool tensions in the East Sea.

At the workshop, held by the Centre for International Policy Studies at Japan’s Meiji University, former senior officers and professors from Japan, the US, China’s Taiwan and Vietnam delivered speeches analysing the new developments in the East Sea as well as the policies of countries and territories involved in the disputes.

They also proposed several measures to reduce tensions at the arterial waters of the world economy.

Retired Vice Admiral of the Japan Marine Self Defence Forces Yoji Koda said China’s “nine-dash line” claim ignores international law and will upset the world maritime order.

China’s acceleration of actions that change the status quo with force will cause serious instability in the region, he stressed.

Meanwhile, Deputy Director of the Hanoi University of Social Sciences and Humanities Pham Quang Minh focused on analysing risks threatening peace and stability in the East Sea.

He emphasised that China’s construction on artificial islands in the sea violates the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the East Sea (DOC).

Alexander L. Vuving from the US-based Asia-Pacific Centre for Security Policies examined the US’s policies and commitments as well as available resources to address the East Sea issue.

According to him, the US Administration could use its economic power, international principles and its network of allies and partners to maintain peace and stability in the East Sea and boost respect for international law and the freedom to travel.

Dr. Yongshu Li from Meiji University suggested inviting partners such as the EU to work as mediators to reduce tension.

Last edited:
Excellent piece of reading buddy @Yorozuya ! I see a future , a trilateral defense communique between Japan-Taiwan-Vietnam. :)

Read my edit in my previous post. I’m praying that China, too, will also participate in the next meeting.

Excellent initiative by this Tokyo university. Nice demonstration of good leadership skills by Japan.

Lets pray for peace and friendship to flourish throughout all of Asia!!

#PrayforPeaceAndFriendship
#ThankYouJapan

Excellent piece of reading buddy @Yorozuya ! I see a future , a trilateral defense communique between Japan-Taiwan-Vietnam. :)

officially Taiwan KMT claimed in 1947. Mainland CPC has nothing to do with this dispute.

Without China's participation, this meeting concerning the South China Sea disputes is as useless as tits on a bull.

China is troubles maker.

Without China's participation, this meeting concerning the South China Sea disputes is as useless as tits on a bull.

I am still praying that China will participate in the next meeting.

For now, we can still look at something special about this meeting. Notice there were diplomatic officials present at that meeting, eventhough only the academics and former officials were presenting. This is something significant for us who have been observing the sea disputes.

This is the first time that Taiwanese and Vietnamese officials have sat down together to discuss our respective disputes and differences. This in itself is very significant.

What about the Japan-Taiwan dialogue, @Nihonjin1051 ? Is this the first time or already something quite common between Japan and Taiwan?

Whatever the case is, this is also the first time for a multi-lateral meeting between these parties to take place to discuss specifically on the sea disputes. This in itself is a first and is very significant.

My hope is that China will soon also follow this good example and participate in this initiative.

Hats off to you Japan, good leadership skill.

Taiwan is not interested in defense "cooperation" with Vietnam. They're the biggest threat to Taiping Island.

Friend, don’t talk like that....let the cooler heads of our leaders sit down and talk, just like what they have done in this meeting. Peace is something that we must always strive for, not war.

@Viet @Carlosa, remember the novel Trident Shattered by Larry Bond? this looks almost exactly like the scene at the beginning of the novel, the setting is even in the same university with a retired JMSDF admiral!!

This is amazing @Nihonjin1051 , Diplomat representatives and academics from Japan, Taiwan, Vietnam and US all sitting down together to discuss the sea disputes and how to resolve them.

A perfect example of how disputes resolution should be done. This is a good direction, the future is looking bright my friend. Notice there are sea disputes between Japan-Taiwan and Vietnam-Taiwan but all parties are mature enough to sit down together and participate in this friendly meeting. My respect to Japan, Taiwan and Vietnam diplomats and academics for participating in this. I heard the Philippines will also participate in the next meeting. I believe if all parties sit down and talk like this instead of bullying and threatening others, the Philippines would not have gone to the court in the first place. My hope is that all parties, including China, will soon talk multi-laterally like this meeting.

Chinese participation is important in any matter repeated to SCS

Friend, don’t talk like that....let the cooler heads of our leaders sit down and talk, just like what they have done in this meeting. Peace is something that we must always strive for, not war.

@Viet @Carlosa, remember the novel Trident Shattered by Larry Bond? this looks almost exactly like the scene at the beginning of the novel, the setting is even in the same university with a retired JMSDF admiral!!

I genuinely hope that the issue can be settled peacefully. But both sides of the strait have made their positions clear: though we seek cooperation and peace, our claims are legitimate and cannot be dismissed.

Yes that's how all begins. Under the cover of fake massive naval drills chinese want to assault the positions of Vietnam, Japan and the Philippines in the south and East China Sea. Starting the war aiming to dominate the sea and strangulate the 3 countries.

The author assumes a military alliance formed by Vietnam, Japan and Philippines, soon joined by S Korea, Taiwan and India, bringing Chinese economy on the brink of collapse, the PLA to desperation. The U.S. steps in before a nuclear exchange takes place.

Last edited:
Yes that's how all begins. Under the cover of fake massive naval drills chinese want to assault the positions of Vietnam, Japan and the Philippines in the south and East China Sea. Starting the war aiming to dominate the sea and strangulate the 3 countries.

The author assumes a military alliance formed by Vietnam, Japan and Philippines, soon joined by S Korea, Taiwan and India, bringing Chinese economy on the brink of collapse, the PLA to desperation. The U.S. steps in before a nuclear exchange takes place.

Yea you remembered that part too huh. I’m just impressed how this meeting has an uncanny resemblence to that scene in the novel.

SK and Taiwan aren't joining your alliance.

Good move, only a certain party shines by their absence.

No doubt, but you know who wins the PR.

I still didn't get that novel. I've got to try to get it, sounds very interesting.

Back
Top Bottom