Aepsilons

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Japan
2014070100121.jpg

JGSD-Iron-Fist-2013-2.jpg

JGSDF

Lawmakers from Taiwan and Japan called for more security and military exchanges between their two countries to confront challenges in the region, at an international conference in Taipei on Tuesday.

Taiwanese lawmaker Hsiao Bi-khim of the opposition Democratic Progressive Party said she hoped that in the face of the rise of China, Japan would increase military exchanges with Taiwan, including transferring military technology and sharing Japan's experience in using an all-volunteer military.

She also suggested that security dialogue be incorporated into the formulation of a Japanese version of the Taiwan Relations Act (TRA), in an effort to build closer security ties between the two countries.

The TRA was enacted on April 10, 1979 to maintain commercial, cultural and other relations between the U.S. and Taiwan after Washington switched its diplomatic recognition from Taipei to Beijing.

The law pledges to help ensure peace, security and stability in the Western Pacific and to promote the foreign policy of the U.S. It also obliges the U.S. "to provide Taiwan with arms of a defensive character."

Hsiao made the remarks at a session of the one-day Taiwan-U.S.-Japan Trilateral Security Dialogue forum, which was attended by lawmakers from Taiwan, Japan and the United States.

Speaking about the risk China brings to the region, Japanese lawmaker Keisuke Suzuki of the ruling Liberal Democratic Party (LDP), said that security cooperation between Taiwan, Japan and the U.S. is very important.

He agreed with Hsiao that Taiwan and Japan should increase security and military cooperation.

Although it will be difficult to add security clauses to a potential Japanese version of the TRA, some steps are needed, he said. A Japanese version of the TRA is still being discussed within the LDP, he told local media on the sidelines of the conference.

"Taiwan is an important strategic partner of Japan," he said.

Other participants in the session were Taiwanese lawmaker Chiang Chi-chen of the ruling Kuomintang, U.S. Congressman Steve Stockman of the Republican Party, and Japanese lawmaker Taku Otsuka of the LDP.

Now in its fourth year, the forum is also being attended by more than 20 scholars from Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, New Zealand, India, Australia, South Korea and the U.S. who will discuss issues of security and regional economic integration.

Commissioned by Taiwan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the conference is being co-organized by Taipei's Chung-Hua Institution for Economic Research, Washington-based think tank the Center for Strategic and International Studies, and the Institute for International Policy Studies in Tokyo.

More Taiwan-Japan security, military exchanges urged | Politics | FOCUS TAIWAN - CNA ENGLISH NEWS

PRC should learn something from ROC. ROC was the major victim of Japan during WW2 and see how the two are lovey-dovey now.

Oh and don't say things like "They (the victims) were all Chinese","they were all our people". If you truly think that, then don't point your missles towards Taiwan. Last time I check, PRC set up huge radar systems along the coast and interfered the Taiwanese radar systems.

PRC should learn something from ROC. ROC was the major victim of Japan during WW2 and see how the two are lovey-dovey now.

Oh and don't say things like "They (the victims) were all Chinese","they were all our people". If you truly think that, then don't point your missles towards Taiwan. Last time I check, PRC set up huge radar systems along the coast and interfered the Taiwanese radar systems.

Interesting that the ruling party in Taiwan, as well as Opposition Party members in Taiwan are the ones inviting and asking for greater Japanese security and military cooperation with Taiwan. These developments are proceeding rapidly,...!

To Greater Japanese and Taiwanese Cooperation !

none of us was going to say that. Your line of thinking is unfitting of a political forum, but practically mandatory for a fox news message board.

China is the clear dominate force in Asia, without banding together these small states don't matter. I mean they still don't I won't get into that now cause I have enough times.

Taiwan would work with anyone that supports them.

We also worked with Japan, our feelings for them is fine, but they are standing between us and greatness, only one of these can stay, and sorry Japan didn't make the cut.

You might want to use your head a little before talking about these things.

We also worked with Japan, our feelings for them is fine, but they are standing between us and greatness, only one of these can stay, and sorry Japan didn't make the cut.

This statement exudes an aura of bipolarity. :lol:

none of us was going to say that. Your line of thinking is unfitting of a political forum, but practically mandatory for a fox news message board.

China is the clear dominate force in Asia, without banding together these small states don't matter. I mean they still don't I won't get into that now cause I have enough times.

Taiwan would work with anyone that supports them.

You might want to use your head a little before talking about these things.
I see you have a case of superiority complex. China is powerful alright, but not powerful enough to ignore the rest of Asia, especially when a new alliance is being formed to resist China.

And what you said in the later part clearly contradicts China famous "Peaceful Rise" policy. Have it expired? Or was it never a "Peaceful Rise" at all?

I see you have a case of superiority complex. China is powerful alright, but not powerful enough to ignore the rest of Asia, especially when a new alliance is being formed to resist China.

And what you said in the later part clearly contradicts China famous "Peaceful Rise" policy. Have it expired? Or was it never a "Peaceful Rise" at all?

The rest of Asia? Japan and Vietnam are not the rest of Asia.

I don't like to go into it cause I have already, but here's one more time.

If we attack Vietnam, would Philippiens sent what little force they have, would any of the rest of ASEAN? Would America risk nuclear war for non treaty ally? Would Japan? Again not saying it would come to it, but would they risk it.

An alliance is easily broken, because each nation has their interests and we can break an alliance very easily. The bottomline is with each passing year, ASEAN and Asia fears Chinese strength more and more, and it would take a heck of a lot for Asia to go to war.

Even India won't for anyone other than their sake. Would Japan really want to be in a trillion dollar war....

As to the last part, peaceful rise yes, but you can't expect training wheels to be on a pro racer, when he's learning sure, even training to be safe sure, but when he's trained and grown up, then he needs to ride.

You can't say because we are making changes the last 40 years wasn't peaceful. You can't say a person never used training wheels just when he takes them off.

First and foremost, the game plan is dealing with the US. The rest of Asia don't matter. Only the US matter and it is why we propose a two-man game called "Great Power Relationship". If we deal with the head of the snake, the rest will follow.

The rest of Asia? Japan and Vietnam are not the rest of Asia.
I should have said East Asia, but then @Genesis said Asia first, then I followed. Certaintly he was discounting Iran, Israel, India, etc.
I don't like to go into it cause I have already, but here's one more time.

If we attack Vietnam, would Philippiens sent what little force they have, would any of the rest of ASEAN? Would America risk nuclear war for non treaty ally? Would Japan? Again not saying it would come to it, but would they risk it.

An alliance is easily broken, because each nation has their interests and we can break an alliance very easily. The bottomline is with each passing year, ASEAN and Asia fears Chinese strength more and more, and it would take a heck of a lot for Asia to go to war.

Even India won't for anyone other than their sake. Would Japan really want to be in a trillion dollar war....

As to the last part, peaceful rise yes, but you can't expect training wheels to be on a pro racer, when he's learning sure, even training to be safe sure, but when he's trained and grown up, then he needs to ride.

You can't say because we are making changes the last 40 years wasn't peaceful. You can't say a person never used training wheels just when he takes them off.
If the risk is great enough, no one would break the alliance. The one who do that is often the one who gets exterminated, by both sides.

Sure no one will help VN now, because VN is still insignificant to them. But when papers are signed, factories are built up, when they have something to lose if VN is attacked, sure they will act. I don't believe in the motto "Enemy of my enemy is my friend", but giving a hand to a stranger take a bite out of the enemy is a textbook strategy.
First and foremost, the game plan is dealing with the US. The rest of Asia don't matter. Only the US matter and it is why we propose a two-man game called "Great Power Relationship". If we deal with the head of the snake, the rest will follow.
The Russians are waiting. EU wants its fromer glories back too. New powers rising all around the world. The road to world total domination is a long hard road that no nation ever see its end.

Without China, there would be no East Asia.
Geographically, there still is. Economically, there will be hard time for EU and US, but they did just fine 500 years ago. Politically, US will focus on taking on Russia, while EU builds up force to replace Russia place when it falls.

Geographically, there still is. Economically, there will be hard time for EU and US, but they did just fine 500 years ago. Politically, US will focus on taking on Russia, while EU builds up force to replace Russia place when it falls.

You guys don't have the land or resources, nor the technology.

It is impossible to form a continent of your own.

I should have said East Asia, but then @Genesis said Asia first, then I followed. Certaintly he was discounting Iran, Israel, India, etc.

If the risk is great enough, no one would break the alliance. The one who do that is often the one who gets exterminated, by both sides.

Sure no one will help VN now, because VN is still insignificant to them. But when papers are signed, factories are built up, when they have something to lose if VN is attacked, sure they will act. I don't believe in the motto "Enemy of my enemy is my friend", but giving a hand to a stranger take a bite out of the enemy is a textbook strategy.

I didn't discount anybody, I know who's in Asia.

What risk, to who? If we go to war with Vietnam, Thailand is going to think they are next? Don't fall for your own propaganda, in the South, only Vietnam and Philippines are in active disputes with China. Even Malaysia is in a take it or leave it mood.

In terms of economics, we are ASEAN's number one trade partner, at what point does Vietnam take over that role?

In ancient China, first empire Qin unified China by destroying the 6 nation alliance by using economics and political gains to bribe two to leave the alliance, a few others sent nobody and waited to see what would happen, and then there was in fighting between the partaking parties over supplies, missions, and command structure.

That was when Qin was threatening all 6 nations. Today China threatens not even a little bit, most of Asean, and rest of Asia, sans Japan and maybe a tiny bit India.

Your unified alliance means nothing, how do you think the partaking parties that have no active stake is going to feel when 1000 body bags arrives every day, I mean if they have that many men, would their people question why be in this war.

The Russians are waiting. EU wants its fromer glories back too. New powers rising all around the world. The road to world total domination is a long hard road that no nation ever see its end.
We are talking about in Asia. We have no interest to dominate the world. We are not a hegemony like the US. We only concern the region we live in. Get it, my friend?

Back
Top Bottom