PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Japan’s new stealth jet fighter has been officially unveiled
Jul 12 2014
ATD-X-first-prototype.jpg

By David Cenciotti
Mitsubishi ATD-X Shinshin stealth fighter has rolled out.
Last month, a leaked, blurry image provided an interesting preview of the first prototype of the Advanced Technology Demonstrator-X (ATD-X), the indigenous war plane that Japan Air Self-Defense Force will operate in the air defense role, replacing the ageing Mitsubishi F-2.

On Jul. 12, the first official photos of the ATD-X (serialled 51-0001) were released by the Japanese Ministry of Defense Technical Research and Development Institute (TRDI), the Ministry of Defense’s agency that has developed the Shinshin (“spirit of the heart”, an early codename within the Japan Self Defense Force) for research purposes.

Indeed, the ATD-X will be used for the development of the F-3, Japan’s next generation stealth jet.

Noteworthy, the “new” images were taken on May 8, 2014, when the painting of the canted vertical tails radar-evading air superiority fighter with enhanced maneuverability ended.

Image credit: mod.go.jp via Alert 5 (H/T to Antonio Valencia for the heads-up).

Will look amazing, i wonder how good it is compared to other 5th gen in development?

Doesn't quite look as promising as i hoped, a semi stealth maybe. Even then, i'm less qualified to comment on it.

I dont think this is the full scale size, is it?

It will be about the same size as the F-35, give or take some.

Also, i would deign to say that there will be 2 of these 5th generation craft inducted into the Japanese SDF:

A) The F-3 Fighter, which will be based on the design of the Mitsubishi ATD-X Shishin
2JErC.png

B) The F-3E
Netizens-Wage-Photoshop-War-on-Japan%e2%80%99s-F-3-Stealth-Fighter-4.jpg

WcfWO.png

Yet, another East Asian nation taking lead on India. Soon even South Korea will come out with their plane, and the giant Elephant superpower called India will be come up with another design and wind tunnel model :lol:

lol but the fact .. Japan is farrrrr more advanced than India

Well technologically they are, but they are also far ahead of China too. China was able to come up with the biggest 5th gen fighter ever. It is technologically possible for India to build a 5th gen plane. I dont see a reason why not?? But we lack govt support and biggest of all we lack BALLSSSSS..

GOI is scared to invest billions in an all Indian program, instead they chose to suck Russian Dick.

Turkey and Indonesia are also building 5th generation fighter jets (Indonesia is probably collaborating with Korean program?).

Lets see how their plane will look like.

Yet, another East Asian nation taking lead on India. Soon even South Korea will come out with their plane, and the giant Elephant superpower called India will be come up with another design and wind tunnel model :lol:

So how much money goes into indian programs? compare that to whats goes into japan, south korea and west.

Back
Top Bottom