What's new

J-10 vs F-16 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
J-10 is F-16 if you look back into the project: Yes to some extend it is far superior that the F-16 Block30 that is just performance if we add what we want Avionic all all kind of **** it will be as good as Block-52. I have talked to our kids who have tested the J-10, according to them " you get a buzz flying it" They were pretty impressed with the machine.

J-10 is F-16 if you look back into the project: Yes to some extend it is far superior that the F-16 Block30 that is just performance if we add what we want Avionic all all kind of **** it will be as good as Block-52. I have talked to our kids who have tested the J-10, according to them " you get a buzz flying it" They were pretty impressed with the machine.

Muradk saheb.
I agree with you that it is a fantastic fighter and after sitable avionics and warfare suite would be one nice fighter. However, the problem with J10. is that inspite of having 11 hardpoints only 6-7 can be utilized for AAMs. The four pylons on the belly are pretty much only for Dumb Bombs ad small ones at that. There has been talk of replacing the Wheels on to the wings to create more space on the belly as has been domne by Griffin NG. I would also like to see CFTs on J10, and sensors Like IRST and FLIR integrated rather than Pods put on pylons. What do you think are the possibilities of improving an already good design with J10.
Please correct me on any issue if it is incorrect.
waSalam
Araz

Cross between J-10 & F-16:
9501726d449c86e328612d7091ad4b10.jpg

Sounds good news! very pleasent indeed...
I wonder how J10x will do.
I wish all the best for the PAF pilots flying test flying J10.

Muradk, could you provide any information on this at all in terms of how the combat performance is affected?

Also what is FADEC?

However, after the government's official acknowledgment of the existence of the J-10, an interview with J-10 pilots (such as test pilot Li Cunbao (李存宝)) revealed that a domestic engine is highly unlikely to equip the J-10 in the near future.[citation needed] In this interview, publicized in January 2007, the pilots claimed that though the domestic Chinese engine could match the performance of the Russian design in every aspect, there was a very serious drawback - the domestic Chinese engine took much longer to reach the same level of performance as its Russian counterpart (according to Mr. Li Cunbao, as well as other pilots who flew the J-10 fitted with the WS-10, it took at least 50% longer, and in several other aspects, almost 100% longer.)[citation needed] Although this would only translate to a ~1 minute difference at most, it was enough to affect the pilot's ability to safely recover the aircraft by restarting the engine rather than abandoning the aircraft in a forced ejection. Another significant drawback of the domestic Chinese engine is the lack of a FADEC (Full Authority Digital Engine Control) feature. This has been addressed, however, the current FADEC-equipped WS-10 is not reliable enough to be considered for service

JK!,

Interesting piece. I am sure the engine will take a few years to get fully mature to be in the service. I will not really worry about it much. They will definitely take care of this problem.

JK!,

Interesting piece. I am sure the engine will take a few years to get fully mature to be in the service. I will not really worry about it much. They will definitely take care of this problem.

Indeed I have every faith that the Chinese will keep improving J10 and I look forward to it getting the "PKI" treatment for PAF service.

Well many upgrages are going to be made on the J-10 b4 it is accepted in PAF.Dat is why it is going to enter PAF in 2015.Pakistani engineers r gonna make improvements to it like they did to F-7s.

F-16 i think has been the world's most successful and proven plane.It is a war winner.That is why more that 4500 hav been built worldwide and is still in demand.While j-10 still has to prove itself.Its specification r tempting.But specifications arent the final word.Like in AK-47 vs M-16.M-16 has better specifications and much better luking and lighter.but everyone has to admit that AK-47 has been more successful even wen dey hav cum head to head.

Im not saying J-10 is crap.Ive seen it videos n trust me,itz one of the most maneuverable plane ive ever seen.But PAF need a plane dat cums in the league of SU-30MKI wich r a serious concern 4 Pakistan.J-10 are gonna be the main strike fighters wid F-16 so they shud atlest be fitted with an AESA radar and hav some level of stealth.

FC-20 will come with with domestic and westren goodies.Like with a diverterless supersonic intake, an infra-red search and track (IRST) sensor, modified vertical stabiliser and ventral fins, housings fitted under the wings and a new type of radar that shud be AESA.This aircraft will hav stronger airframe and have an engine with 3D thrust vector control.It'll probably be modified to carry Pakistani made glide bombs H-2(60km) and H-4(120km) and our RA'AD air launched cruise missile(350km).

That is why its delivery is gonna be so late.Pakistani pilots and engineers will test it thoroughly.F-16 and FC-20 are going to be the frontline fighter of PAF.May God make it successful fighter,but it has 2 do a lot to earn the reputation that F-16 has.

I hav sum pics of them though
J-10 vigorous dragon
http://aviationfans.com/images/j10_1_large.jpg
F-16 fighting falcon
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:...pergate.com/data/media/2183/F_16_Falcon_3.jpg

Last edited:
I'll be very satisfied with FC-20 if it is modified to carry the glide bombs H-2(60km),H-4(120km) and RA'AD air launched cruise missile(350km).

One advantage would be that PAF would not have the spares problem with the J-10s as they had with F-16s during that embargo period; which means maintaining the entire fleet in good operational conditions would be much easier.

J-10, JF-17 and PAF F-16. If we engage all three in virtual battle. which one will 'see' first?

I hate F-16 vs J-10 or X vs Y threads. Do you guys have any idea how difficult it is to make such a comparison??

A mig-21 will down an F-22 given the right circumstances. Sure how advanced a plane is will give it a certain edge but no way will an aircraft ever goes to battle just stripped bare (on it's own). Even pre-mission briefing contirubutes to the result.

For instance if we were to give numbers and the plane with the highest number will Win it will go like this:

Radar range (real one not the range you find in Wikipedia) +10
Missile used (quality, range etc) + 15
AWACS (type of AWACS, are AWACS even used etc) +30
Type of mission (intercepting, bombing mission etc) +15
pilot skill +10 ( you can have the best bombing pilot in the world going against a pilot who trained only on A2A the A2A guy will win)
Locking in method (helmet, missile need guidance from aircraft radar etc) +20
Type of electronic warfare suites equipped (you can search the web upside down for this you will not find clear info for this) +15

And the list goes on and on and on similar to this it even goes down to how heavy the Aircraft is due to weapon and fuel tank load out. And what type of even ground radar used so X vs Y threads are plain stupid. Give me a complete list of the scenario then we can talk just going J-10 vs F-16 is stupid. The only way this will work is if you have both aircrafts going against each other in outer space with nothing but gattling guns and with robot pilots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom