It is time to learn Chinese

Discussion in 'World Affairs' started by beijingwalker, Mar 18, 2012.

Share This Page

1. Sonyuke_Songpaisan

Sonyuke_Songpaisan FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 831 / -0
    In Thai, a lot of people start to learn Chinese from high school now.
  2. BLACKEAGLE

BLACKEAGLE BANNED

Ratings:
    +1 / 18,111 / -2
    Jordan
    I don't think Chinese would be a main language along with English because its so hard to be pronounced and written. English is practical and easier to learn.
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  3. Banglar Lathial

Banglar Lathial FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,168 / -0
    English is not spoken/understood by the majority of the world's people either. The only important factor is to ensure that most international/transnational transactions, exchange, discourse etc uses Chinese (or Arabic or any other language) as first language. For example, all international airports must use English for communication between planes and ATC or use displays in English (other languages can also be used, but English must be used).

To make your native language the lingua franca in the world, you only need to ensure that the most important cross-border or international exchanges use your language.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. beijingwalker

beijingwalker SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 5,204 / -0
    do any US citizens of Chinese origin here on this forum calling themselves "we Americans"? that sounds really funny,I lived in New York for a number of years and no matter how hard you try to deny it,minorities are always being marginalized in US.they never view you as equals.they are so many a time when I heard Americans laughing about Indians eating and wiping their ***** with bare hands.i dont mean to offend you guys,but that's the hard facts happening in US.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. oct605032048

oct605032048 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 2,011 / -0
    Your may jibber jabber better than I can in English but that does not make your statement more true.

You may keep going to bloody show off your American passport (which only makes you look more racist).

Anyone who came from India and find a baby sitting job earns more than the average income in China. But most of things we enjoy here in the US has nothing to do with you! It is due to the hard work of generations of people who lived here long before you even came here.

Yeah I know quiet a lot but none of them are ashame of being Chinese just like what some GayAtl did.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. karan21

karan21 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 2,957 / -0
    have u guys read up on ur economy.
    chinese economy is currently 7 trill. out of which 26% or more than 1/4 th is real estate investment. china has built nearly 100 million houses only less than 3% have been sold. all the buildings in shanghai built 10 years ago are still waiting for occupants. all of this have been built by fake printed money.

there r 100s of ghost cities in china built many years ago and no one has been living in them. the prices of houses in shanghi and beijing and tianjin have gone up 150% but per capita has only gont up 50% in last 3 yrs. prices are soon approaching that of london and new york. those houses are not expected to be sold in nxt 25 yrs causing trillions of lossess to all real estate firms

ur total debt to gdp ratio is over 100%. i am not saying all top economists including all chinese economic professors are.

china is currently undervaluing its currency making america loose 300 bill every year ripping them apart and china holds 1 trill american dolls. americans have come up with a weapon of mass economic destruction against u china. trump is expected to become president nxt elections he has promised to put 25% tax on all stuff improted from china. if china can break the rules by undervaueing currency the whole world will support america with tax. all those 1 trill doll will be back in america in 1 year.

man chinese govt has all my respect for holding on to this. if this had happened in india, we would have already crashed by now. but china how long? china will have a hard landing or a soft landing but landing is ineveitable and china will have to settle for a 2-3% growth.
  7. JayAtl

JayAtl ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 4,955 / -5
    Having an American Passport makes us Racist? hmm.
    and you say you came here for scientific research ? was it on to put MSG or no MSG on the next delivery order?
  8. Roybot

Roybot ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9 / 29,252 / -0
    India
    I don't see it happening unless they stop using the chinese characters and invent some new writing system with manageable number of alphabets(30-50). The system they have now seems primitive.

The chinese character system is just too freakin hard and requires way too much effort for a "second" language.
  9. oceanx

oceanx FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 340 / -0
    I don't know why you waste your time with this "sahib". Let him talk it up.

Live and let live.

Dream and let dream.
  10. oct605032048

oct605032048 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 2,011 / -0
    Primitive? you should compare Characters to english words. At least we don't have to invent a million words for a million new things.

Hard landing soft landing maybe but that's gonna be 20 years later when the US kicked China off the world 2nd largest economy just like the Japanese kicked China off the 3rd some years before.:P
  11. beijingwalker

beijingwalker SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 5,204 / -0
    really,China's strength is on her manufacture and superb infrastructure.

12. India defense

India defense FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 292 / -0
    I can call it joke of the day...China has nothing to give to world in name of technology etc. They are copying US and Russian technologies...so why should anybody bother to learn world most difficult language....I think learning russian will be more useful apart from english.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. oceanx

oceanx FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 340 / -0
    I can never understand why the grandiose youth in the PRC derive oomph from people's desire to learn or not learn Chinese. Delusion and false flagging are never in short supply these days.

Frankly anyone who cares to think it through knows it is a huge advantage to keep the language to one's self.

BTW, haven't the Japanese already popularized "Kanji" characters in popular media? Did they want everyone to learn Japanese?

When did the Germans want everyone to learn German?

Just grasp a good command in English. And let everyone think Chinese is "difficult".

Of course it is.
  14. SHAMK9

SHAMK9 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 7,792 / -0
    Pakistan
    already on it
  15. Hu Songshan

Hu Songshan INT'L MOD Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 3,189 / -0
    China
    Harder then it seems for foreigners but if they want let them.

It's reported that it's being taught in all swedish schools, step in the right direction.