What's new

ISRO to mate cryogenic engine with its rocket Friday

You clearly missed Samar Mubarakmand's interview. There was no reference to the SLV mock-up displayed at IDEAS. He hinted at a capability to put satellites into orbit through the use of existing rocket motors but emphasized on the unavailability of a satellite (the reasons for which I have enunciated previously). The idea is that we don't need a dedicated SLV to transport objects to orbit but when push-comes-to-shove (when we have a satellite) we can employ our knowledge of orbital space and modify our versatile range of rockets to arrange for the delivery of satellites to LEO.

That having been said, the ISRO has all of India trolled when it comes to the cryogenic engine. It's being built with French assistance, supervised by the Russians, built by the Indians and is still repeatedly failing. Come back when it works.

India's missile array are practically tubes of fail compared to Pakistan's rocket works. The Prithvi doesn't launch, the Nirbhay deviates from its flight path, the Shaurya is an impressive mod from Russia, the BMD is still in development, the Akash is nothing special, and the SL 15 is also still in development. ISRO can take its GSLV MK3 up its backside. SUPARCO and ISRO are not dick-measuring, at least not at the moment. The ISRO is wasting time trying to get to Mars and SUPARCO is aiding NESCOM in completing Shaheen 3 and 2 other missiles the names of which I'm not allowed to disclose. If you want to measure dicks I say we do it the proper way. If mine is bigger (which it most inevitably will) you'll have to wrap your mouth around it.

Sending satellites using Rocket motors??lol kid,even an ICBM like agni V can onlyput a 50 kg satellite toLEO,and what do you expect your .versitile range of IRBMs to do??your knowledge of orbital physics?what kind of orbital mission have SUPARCO undertaken?

And your incapability to built satellites,prove your weakness in one principal sector in missile tech-electronics.There is simply no comparison with India,who makes satellites for advanced customers like EADS.

Do you have any proof for your fantasies about involvement of Russia and france?ISROs CE 7.5 engine has been built in India by Indians,and that gave us the know how to make bigger engines like CE20(200kN).Dont worry,It.d be successful rhis time..

And here comes another Joke as usual..Indian missiles fail pakistan ones are better blah :blah:

Prithvi has been Inducted long before
Shaurya has nothing to do with Ruussia,It is the QBM with longest range in the world' even Russia doesnt have one like that
Akash has been inducted long back,it is said to be more accurate than patriot missile coz it is powered for entire fligt(advantage of ramjets)and you guys can only make MANPADs :omghaha:
BMD have been successful in all its tests done from2006-2012,pakistan can dream of making one..
K15 have been successfully tested..can you guys make an SLBM

The missiles of a nation that cannot launch a 50kg satellite(lack of advancement in propulsion tech) or build a satellite(lagging electronics sector) are better than India (whohave built worlds third largest solid rocket booster) and build sats for european customers?)??

ISRO and SUPARCO are not competing,we cannot compete with a non existant space program
ft launch vehicles...while SUPARCO is leasing transponders...:omghaha:

We have DRDO to develop our missiles...Currently they have developed an ICBM-Agni V...

Yes ISRO is wasting its time in mars and moon missions,building and launching Indian and foreign sats,
developing heavy lifters...while SUPARCO is leasing transponders.

Indians boast about programs in testing stage because,we have the capability as, well as the experience of developing such systems in the past.Wake up kid,it is 2013-RLV-TD test would be held this year,and2016 is not far away-and you are really a clever guy-you never quoted the scramjet engine part,coz testing was already done :lol:

Now you are boasting that 'Pakistan have capability to launch satellites' ,when Pakistani SLV program is almost on hold,we are yet to see an official rendering of the SLV,let alone a report or pic of a component of it in design,manufacture or in testing stage.....

So shut up fanboy

Phew!!

First take a look.at gour contries technological capability,then only science programcome to talk.I know you.d hardly flinch,coz you had just show us how much you know about the technological end,when you called the prototype of an winged rocket aka spaceshuttle ,a mock up(you do noteven know the term .wind tunnel model') of a 'fixed wind aircraft' :-)lol:)of some college project :omghaha: And yes,Indian college students can make more advanced satellites than the ones pakistan and SUPARCO can build
Theoretical engine?What on earth is that??A carnot cycle based engine or a perpetual motion machine?? :omghaha:d igniter are already complete(
Indias 2000kN(as powerful as Space shuttle main engine) is in design and testing of components like pre burner and igniter are already complete(refer to ISRO annual report,available from their website) and it is due to be ready to by 2016.

And yes,you are expected to watch in awe as your country is unable to develop even a 70cc moped engine.

You know more?About what?? Trolling?? :omghaha:
And who is fabnboy here?who was boasting in about a 70 km range battle field range missile?? :rofl:

Arguing with you would be much less cumbersome if you could, at the very least, have the intuition to differentiate between my knowledge base and my condescending remarks of Indian-tech. Furthermore you are clearly not capable of coherent thought, independent of inherent bias, considering that your successive responses are not dissimilar and are essentially reworded utterances of the same single contention, namely that ISRO is better than SUPARCO and that the scientific community of Pakistan is busy flicking mites and climbing trees. Your arguments to that effect are erroenous because they are void of substance, are not thorough, based on amateur web-research of the respective agencies and tinged with fanboy obsession.

That having been said your writing is akin to oral diarrhea, is absolutely unintelligible and reeks of ******** and misgivings at being called a fanboy. You're counterargument asserting that I am a fanboy because I was, and I quote, "boasting in [sic] about a 70 km range battle field range missile" is misconceived primarily because (a) I was not boasting about the capability, having only mentioned it in passing; and (b) to be classed as a fanboy I must repeatedly have made reference to it, which I clearly did not.

You're hurried counter to ascribe to me a word which clearly explains your behavioral traits is reminiscent of an offended adolescent and clearly indicates that my remark has spurred a moment of weakness. Taking note of how painful it must be for you to be called a fanboy, I am going to take the liberty to reiterate that you are a fanboy. You are as fanboy as they come and the reasoning for my assertion is based on the following comparison: My statements with regards to Nasr is contained within the box in which I write. Your statements with regards to the GSLV, however, spill out of the box, off the thread and into your display picture. Worse yet you also associate yourself with the GSLV so much so that you identify yourself by its nomenclature and go by the name of 'gslv mk3'. Your obsession with the rocket is so incredibly evident that I am prepared to assume that you take advantage of the phallic shape of the GSLV to satiate the burning itch in your rear-side.

In conclusion, you have failed to recognize the national synergy within which respective state institutions operate and are too consumed by your bias to understand the implications of my assertions. I would most certainly elaborate but your thick skull stands prominently between us.

Exactly, ur responses are like litter to anyone who sees them. LOL I don't what u ate while growing up but normal people don't crave litter just like your input.
You have time enough to troll then u HAVE time. So you can keep your sayings to yourself which of course as u know are abject failures.
You know fanboys like you just go into steadfast denial when you can't reply. Classic fanboy, when you don't see things going your way, ya'll talk about human excreta or some other crazy paraphillia of yours.
Why don't u come out and say it out loud that u r here just to troll.
So either nut up and reply properly or just shut up & gtfo.

Your asininity hurts my intellect. When did you kick maturity out the front-door?

Arguing with you would be much less cumbersome if you could, at the very least, have the intuition to differentiate between my knowledge base and my condescending remarks of Indian-tech. Furthermore you are clearly not capable of coherent thought, independent of inherent bias, considering that your successive responses are not dissimilar and are essentially reworded utterances of the same single contention, namely that ISRO is better than SUPARCO and that the scientific community of Pakistan is busy flicking mites and climbing trees. Your arguments to that effect are erroenous because they are void of substance, are not thorough, based on amateur web-research of the respective agencies and tinged with fanboy obsession.

That having been said your writing is akin to oral diarrhea, is absolutely unintelligible and reeks of ******** and misgivings at being called a fanboy. You're counterargument asserting that I am a fanboy because I was, and I quote, "boasting in [sic] about a 70 km range battle field range missile" is misconceived primarily because (a) I was not boasting about the capability, having only mentioned it in passing; and (b) to be classed as a fanboy I must repeatedly have made reference to it, which I clearly did not.

You're hurried counter to ascribe to me a word which clearly explains your behavioral traits is reminiscent of an offended adolescent and clearly indicates that my remark has spurred a moment of weakness. Taking note of how painful it must be for you to be called a fanboy, I am going to take the liberty to reiterate that you are a fanboy. You are as fanboy as they come and the reasoning for my assertion is based on the following comparison: My statements with regards to Nasr is contained within the box in which I write. Your statements with regards to the GSLV, however, spill out of the box, off the thread and into your display picture. Worse yet you also associate yourself with the GSLV so much so that you identify yourself by its nomenclature and go by the name of 'gslv mk3'. Your obsession with the rocket is so incredibly evident that I am prepared to assume that you take advantage of the phallic shape of the GSLV to satiate the burning itch in your rear-side.

In conclusion, you have failed to recognize the national synergy within which respective state institutions operate and are too consumed by your bias to understand the implications of my assertions. I would most certainly elaborate but your thick skull stands prominently between us.

4 paragraphs full of words.

Not 1 word makes any sense or contributes to the topic at hand.

And you deny that you're a fanboy.

4 paragraphs full of words.

Not 1 word makes any sense or contributes to the topic at hand.

And you deny that you're a fanboy.

If only you'd had half the education I had the luxury of enjoying, we could have a better conversation.

CRYOGENIC ENGINE IN ROCKET PROPULSION

What is Cryogenics ?
Cryogenics is the study of the production of extremely cold temperatures. This field of science also looks at what happens to a wide variety of materials from metals to gases when they are exposed to these temperatures. Cryogenics is a branch of physics concerned with the production of very low temperatures and the effects of these temperatures on different substances and materials. The temperatures studied in cryogenics are those below -243.67 degrees Fahrenheit (120 Kelvin); such low temperatures do not occur in nature.
These low temperatures have been used to liquefy atmospheric gases like oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen, methane, argon, helium, and neon. The gases are condensed, collected, distilled and separated. Methane is used in liquid natural gas (LNG), and oxygen, hydrogen and nitrogen are used in rocket fuels and other aerospace and defense applications, in metallurgy and in various chemical processes. Helium is used in diving decompression chambers and to maintain suitably low temperatures for superconducting magnets, and neon is used in lighting.

Cryogenics is the study of how to get to low temperatures and of how materials behave when they get there. Besides the familiar temperature scales of Fahrenheit and Celsius (Centigrade), cryogenicists use other temperature scales, the Kelvin and Rankine temperature scale. Although the apparatus used for spacecraft is specialized, some of the general approaches are the same as used in everyday life. Cryogenics involves the study of low temperatures from about 100 Kelvin to absolute zero.
One interesting feature of materials at low temperatures is that the air condenses into a liquid. The two main gases in air are oxygen and nitrogen. Liquid oxygen, "lox" for short, is used in rocket propulsion. Liquid nitrogen is used as a coolant. Helium, which is much rarer than oxygen or nitrogen, is also used as a coolant. In more detail, cryogenics is the study of how to produce low temperatures or also the study of what happens to materials when you have cooled them down.

CRYOGENIC ENGINE INTRODUCTION
The use of liquid fuel for rocket engines was considered as early as the beginning of 20th century. The Russian K.E.Ziolkowsky, the American H.Goddard and the German-Romanian H.Oberth worked independently on the problems of spaceflight and soon discovered that in order to succeed, rockets with high mass-flow were mandatory. Already then the combustion of liquid fuels seemed the most promising method of generating thrust.

However it was not later until these pioneers made their attempts, the first big liquid powered rocket the German A-4 became reality in the mid-forties. This rocket became successful as the V-2 weapon. Liquid oxygen was used as the oxidizer and ethyl alcohol as the fuel which gave the rocket more than 300KN of thrust. It`s range was 300km.

As the development of rocket engines continued, higher thrust levels were achieved when liquid oxygen and liquid hydrocarbon were used as fuel. This allowed the construction of the first intercontinental rocket with a range of more than 10,000km.
Under normal atmospheric conditions, at temperature 300k and pressure 1 bar, these substances are in gaseous state. One cannot remedy the low density by increasing the pressure because the required tank structures would end being too heavy. The answer is to liquefy the fuels by cooling them down. This is why the fuels are also called cryogenic fuels.
In the sixties, the steadily increasing payload weights and the corresponding demand for more thrust of the launcher lead to the use of liquid hydrogen for the Centaur upper stage. At the peak of this development was the US Space Shuttle Main Engine (SSME).

In principle, cryogenic rocket engines generate thrust like all other rocket engines-by accelerating an impulse carrier to high speeds. In conventional aircraft engines the surrounding air is the main impulse carrier and fuel is the energy carrier. This is why such an engine requires the atmosphere not only to burn the fuel but also to generate thrust. But in rocket engines the impulse and energy carriers are identical and are present as fuel in the launcher. The chemical energy stored in the fuel is converted into kinetic energy by burning it in the thrust chamber and subsequent expansion in the nozzle, in the process creating thrust.
In order to compare a variety of fuel combinations, a quantity known as specific impulse, which determines the thrust per kilogram of emitted fuel per second, is used.
The favorite fuel and oxidizer combination used during the boost phase are Liquid Hydrogen(LH2) and Liquid Oxygen(LOX) which provide a specific impulse of 445 seconds, almost double that of hydrazine. The fuel is environmentally friendly, non-corrosive and has the highest efficiency of all non-toxic combinations.
To liquefy hydrogen has to be cooled to a temperature of minus 273C. It`s boiling point is 20K only just above absolute on the temperature scale.
Fuelling the booster rockets is a complex and hazardous process, for as soon as oxygen comes in contact with hydrogen, they spontaneously combust in a powerful explosion. Over the years cryogenic engines have become the backbone for boosters, used for placing heavy payloads in space, such as those used for the main engine for the space shuttle.

CRYOGENIC LIQUIDS:
Another use of cryogenics is cryogenic fuels. Cryogenic fuels, mainly liquid hydrogen, have been used as rocket fuels. Liquid oxygen is used as an oxidizer of hydrogen, but oxygen is not, strictly speaking, a fuel. For example, NASA's workhorse space shuttle uses cryogenic hydrogen fuel as its primary means of getting into orbit, as did all of the rockets built for the Soviet space program by Sergei Korolev. (This was a bone of contention between him and rival engine designer Valentin Glushko, who felt that cryogenic fuels were impractical for large-scale rockets such as the ill-fated N-1 rocket spacecraft.)
Russian aircraft manufacturer Tupolev developed a version of its popular design Tu-154 with a cryogenic fuel system

You clearly missed Samar Mubarakmand's interview. There was no reference to the SLV mock-up displayed at IDEAS .......... for the delivery of satellites to LEO.

Link please. Has this fellow indicated that the tech exists Or was he just doing some loud thinking?

That having been said, the ISRO has all of India trolled when it comes to the cryogenic engine. It's being built with French assistance, supervised by the Russians, built by the Indians and is still repeatedly failing. Come back when it works.

Link please and no rupeenews type sources!

India's missile array are ....... the Shaurya is an impressive mod from Russia........around it.

That claim looks stupid at the mildest! Again,any link at all??

The kid here has a dancing bloo character as their display picture. Go figure.

Awww Shirley so you have finally given up talking sense?

Do you even sound educated? All that you seem to be doing is "sounding off"............. :D

He has finally nothing to say so now like every other fanboy he will DESPERATELY try to derail the thread so he is not caught pants down with no reply to things that actually make sense.

If only you'd had half the education I had the luxury of enjoying, we could have a better conversation.

Yeah I do hope Pakistani scientists had half the education of Indian scientists, so that
you can actually build something, and then we have a good discussion because then it would
something worthy of a discussion. Product v/s product.

What you're waging here is purely a mud-slinging troll war - there is no product on your side
to speak of, and you are throwing mud on ISRO which is atleast 70 years ahead of Pak space
agencies. I think it has got to do with Pak scientist's intellect...which does not seem to be up
to date or comparable to Indian scientists'.

And the size & weight of your economy, which is not comparable to India's at all.

Because you have access to stuff from China that India can never hope to acquire even from Russia...
...yet you are failing to compete with India in the space race.

As of education, just because you can speak good English, doesn't mean you are "educated", no.

Because : -
Education = Knowledge.

From your posts, it looks like you have been educated under a footbridge, rather than in a university.

Really!

Sending satellites using Rocket motors??lol kid,even an ICBM like agni V can onlyput a 50 kg satellite toLEO,and what do you expect your .versitile range of IRBMs to do??your knowledge of orbital physics?what kind of orbital mission have SUPARCO undertaken?

And your incapability to built satellites,prove your weakness in one principal sector in missile tech-electronics.There is simply no comparison with India,who makes satellites for advanced customers like EADS.

Do you have any proof for your fantasies about involvement of Russia and france?ISROs CE 7.5 engine has been built in India by Indians,and that gave us the know how to make bigger engines like CE20(200kN).Dont worry,It.d be successful rhis time..

And here comes another Joke as usual..Indian missiles fail pakistan ones are better blah :blah:

Prithvi has been Inducted long before
Shaurya has nothing to do with Ruussia,It is the QBM with longest range in the world' even Russia doesnt have one like that
Akash has been inducted long back,it is said to be more accurate than patriot missile coz it is powered for entire fligt(advantage of ramjets)and you guys can only make MANPADs :omghaha:
BMD have been successful in all its tests done from2006-2012,pakistan can dream of making one..
K15 have been successfully tested..can you guys make an SLBM

The missiles of a nation that cannot launch a 50kg satellite(lack of advancement in propulsion tech) or build a satellite(lagging electronics sector) are better than India (whohave built worlds third largest solid rocket booster) and build sats for european customers?)??

ISRO and SUPARCO are not competing,we cannot compete with a non existant space program
ft launch vehicles...while SUPARCO is leasing transponders...:omghaha:

We have DRDO to develop our missiles...Currently they have developed an ICBM-Agni V...

Yes ISRO is wasting its time in mars and moon missions,building and launching Indian and foreign sats,
developing heavy lifters...while SUPARCO is leasing transponders.

Indians boast about programs in testing stage because,we have the capability as, well as the experience of developing such systems in the past.Wake up kid,it is 2013-RLV-TD test would be held this year,and2016 is not far away-and you are really a clever guy-you never quoted the scramjet engine part,coz testing was already done :lol:

Now you are boasting that 'Pakistan have capability to launch satellites' ,when Pakistani SLV program is almost on hold,we are yet to see an official rendering of the SLV,let alone a report or pic of a component of it in design,manufacture or in testing stage.....

So shut up fanboy

On thing to tell these Paks: - you don't make an SLV launching it with a foreign booster and
foreign engine!

What do they think India is spending billions of dollars and years of time to develop indigenous
engines for it's rockets for??

Back
Top Bottom