What's new

Islamic State Takes Responsibility for Killing of Japanese Man in Bangladesh

Homo Sapiens

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Islamic State Takes Responsibility for Killing of Japanese Man in Bangladesh - WSJ

Islamic State Takes Responsibility for Killing of Japanese Man in Bangladesh
Kunio Hoshi shot while en route to agricultural project he ran near town of Rangpur; slaying comes days after another claimed by ISIS
BN-KP389_newban_J_20151003065044.jpg
ENLARGE
Bangladeshi police officials stand guard at the site where a Japanese citizen was shot to death by attackers in Rangpur Saturday. Photo: Agence France-Presse/Getty Images
By
Syed Zain Al-Mahmood
Updated Oct. 3, 2015 3:55 p.m. ET
7 COMMENTS
DHAKA, Bangladesh—Islamic State militants have taken responsibility for the killing of a Japanese citizen in northern Bangladesh on Saturday, the second foreigner the group claims to have gunned down in a week in this South Asian country.

Bangladeshi police said Kunio Hoshi, 65 years old, was shot by three masked assailants on a motorcycle as he was making his way to visit an agricultural project he ran in a suburb of the northern town of Rangpur.

In a statement posted on Twitter accounts known to be affiliated with Islamic State, the militant group said its operatives had killed Mr. Hoshi “after closely monitoring him” because he was a citizen of a “member country of the crusader coalition” against the extremist group.

Mr. Hoshi’s killing comes just days after Italian aid worker Cesare Tavella was gunned down in Dhaka’s diplomatic zone, in an attack that was also claimed by Islamic State.

Related Reading
The attacks on foreign nationals have heightened concerns of some officials and the general public here that groups linked with international militant networks could be gaining a foothold in Bangladesh.

There has been a string of deadly attacks on secular bloggers this year that have been claimed by Ansarullah Bangla Team, a little-known extremist group with ties to al Qaeda and now Islamic State that was banned by the government after the blogger killings.

Bangladesh’s government has insisted international militants won’t be allowed to operate inside the country. “IS doesn’t exist in Bangladesh,” Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal, the Home Minister said after the killing of Mr. Tavella. He was using an acronym for Islamic State. Police haven’t yet provided any motive for Mr. Tavella’s killing and no one has been arrested.

In Rangpur on Saturday, local police chief Rezaul Karim said the authorities were questioning witnesses to find clues to Mr. Hoshi’s shooting. The Japanese national, who had arrived in Bangladesh four months ago, was experimenting with a new variety of grass to feed livestock, the police chief said. He lived alone in a rented house and was on his way to visit the project site on a rickshaw when he was shot at close range by the masked men riding a motorcycle, Mr. Karim said.

The attacks are likely to have a chilling effect on the hundreds of nongovernment organizations that work in the development sector in Bangladesh. Based mainly in the rural areas, many organizations hire international experts who live in the community providing much-needed services in health, education and poverty-alleviation.

Write to Syed Zain Al-Mahmood at zain.al-mahmood@wsj.com

Corrections & Amplifications:
Police said Kunio Hoshi was shot by three unidentified assailants. An earlier version of this article incorrectly stated his name as Hoshi Kunio.

So kill a random innocent Japense who probably had good impressions of Muslims since he worked with them...sigh....If you want people to like your religion give good examples. Instead you do something retarded and cruel which will achieve nothing. Seriously some Muslims stuck in stone age thinking this is a mafia game and killing one person will deal a blow. It's embarrassing to be associated with Muslims nowadays. Of course their fruit loop followers will hail this as a victory. Remember todays nation states are at where they are not because they started killing randoms. I hope Muslims can be more open and have smarter people to lead them to progress.

Proves again that IS/ISIL/ISIS etc are different names coined by Western media/Intel to describe assassins they select, train, arm and pay. Indians have joined the process as the local stooge of the West/Zionists.

Proves again that IS/ISIL/ISIS etc are different names coined by Western media/Intel to describe assassins they select, train, arm and pay. Indians have joined the process as the local stooge of the West/Zionists.

Proves shyte, Sherlock! Do you have any reading, comprehension, analytical skills or do you just pick up any news item and proclaim it proves those preconceived notions in your head???

Last edited:
User Actions
FollowRSS‏@RSS_Org
Muslims are slaughtering cow in front of Hindu temple at Rampura, Dhaka( Bangladesh). इस्लाम का सर्वधर्म समभाव?

7:13 AM - 4 Oct 2015

Or may be it was RSS i heard they are really angry at bangladesh for slaughtering cows as its doesnt make sense for IS to operate in bangladesh when they are embroiled in their own shit in Sryia it has to be india but I wonder why they want to make bangladesh more and more weak they already get what ever they want .

Mean who the hell are these hindu indians RSS shit to interfere in BD internal matters whether they slaughter cow or ox its their wish.

User Actions
FollowRSS‏@RSS_Org
Muslims are slaughtering cow in front of Hindu temple at Rampura, Dhaka( Bangladesh). इस्लाम का सर्वधर्म समभाव?

7:13 AM - 4 Oct 2015

Or may be it was RSS i heard they are really angry at bangladesh for slaughtering cows as its doesnt make sense for IS to operate in bangladesh when they are embroiled in their own shit in Sryia it has to be india but I wonder why they want to make bangladesh more and more weak they already get what ever they want .

Baba we want to make Bangladesh more and more weak even though we get everything we want because unlike baby-faced muslims we are pure irrational evil!

How do you conspiracy theorists even get these crazy ideas?...Let me guess, the US and Israel are the real terrorist organisation out to defame Islam and Muslim majority countries?

Dharmo hoche gopon onger moto. Na thakle chole na, nij daitte jatno kore dheke dhuke rakhte hoi. Abar ota ber kore sobar mukher samne ghorate thakle bishal problem hoe jai :P

good i am happy with it . :D waiting for next attack :lol:

Come on Sir. I know you enough to request you to kindly delete that. I know you do not mean it seriously but it just does not do you justice. Id be honored if you deleted it.

So kill a random innocent Japense who probably had good impressions of Muslims since he worked with them...sigh....If you want people to like your religion give good examples. Instead you do something retarded and cruel which will achieve nothing. Seriously some Muslims stuck in stone age thinking this is a mafia game and killing one person will deal a blow. It's embarrassing to be associated with Muslims nowadays. Of course their fruit loop followers will hail this as a victory. Remember todays nation states are at where they are not because they started killing randoms. I hope Muslims can be more open and have smarter people to lead them to progress.
Ehh....I don't think IS cares about making a good impression of Islam to non-Muslims at all.

Last edited:
Ehh....I don't think IS cares about what making a good impression of Islam to non-Muslims at all.

Either way Islam is backwards like all religions and the sooner Muslims leave it the closer we get to a healthier and progressing society.

Back
Top Bottom