What's new

Islamic Monuments in India - Whose Legacy?

Do Islamic monuments in India belong to Pakistani history?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Surely all the things of our Muslim Ancesters belong to us. Pakistan is not just a geographical division of Sub-Continent but it is the representer of muslims of sub-continent. So all things belonging to muslims of sub-continent belong to Pakistan.

Indian Muslims dont want to recruit any one as there representer if u wish, than remain in your own world of delusion.
We Indians are capable enough to represent ourselves in any part of the world.

Let me clear a few misconceptions here.

The vast majority of Islamic monuments in India were built by Indian architects, sculptors, calligraphy artists, workers, and funds.

Sure,the Taj Mahal involved people of different backgrounds, ranging from Iran to Arabia to South and North India.
It is not surprising that a building of such magnificence required an international effort.

yeah, an amazing building

In principle everything within India belongs to India. Everything in Pakistan belongs to Pakistan.
There are some problems though, for example things built during the times when we were togather. Even than unless there is something there that connects strongly to areas of Pakistan I am inclined to say everything in India belongs to India.
Of course the other side of the coin, everything in Pakistan is ours.
You can't use religion as a basis of a claim.

it's a the legacy of muslims of the subcontinent, especially the people who lived from Lahore to Lucknow because this was the center of Islamic civilization in south asia, so basically modern day muslim Punjabis and Urduspeakers (Karachite) people are their successors

This isn't the first time I'm hearing stuff of this kind.

How many people here think that buildings such as Taj Mahal, Red Fort, Fatehpur Sikri etc. belong to Pakistan?

First of all find me the mention of Taj mahal red fort etc from Quran or hadith only then we can establish the fact that its "Islamic". How about we just call them "Muslim"

This isn't the first time I'm hearing stuff of this kind.

How many people here think that buildings such as Taj Mahal, Red Fort, Fatehpur Sikri etc. belong to Pakistan?

they belong to the muslims of south asia. not the hindus and sikhs or the christians

Indian Muslims dont want to recruit any one as there representer if u wish, than remain in your own world of delusion.
We Indians are capable enough to represent ourselves in any part of the world.

where was the mughal empire mainly based? india or pakistan?

It belongs to a nation.Not exclusive to any community in particular.

Monuments belong to a civilization not to the more modern concept of a nation-state. In this case - monuments located from Pakistan in the west to Laos in the east come under the arc of the Indic civilization. A big chunk of this civilization is now the nation-state of India - but Angkor Wat belongs as much to us as Taj Mahal belongs to the Pakistani not in a national sense but in a civilizational sense.

Its Muslim but not Pakistani.

Pakistani history is basically everything that took place on Pakistani land since thats where most Pakistanis have always lived. i.e Indus Valley, Ghandaran Kingdom, Porus Kingdom etc.
The Taj Mahal is Indian because it is in India, its Muslim because it was built by a Muslim ruler, who was Central Asian for the record.

Pakistanis however are proud of such monuments because they show the face of Muslim rule in India.

Religion doesnt change who your ancestors were. Having the same Religion doesnt give you right over land or history which didnt belong to your ancestors either.

With all due respect to you :--

Pakistan's history comprises of only the events leading to creation of pakistan and thereafter.... i.e Since 1940-till date , give or take few years before 1940...

Indus valley civilization , Gandhar rajya(kingdom) , Puru Kingdom (porus was the king) etc. are part of India's history. Just because the place where the events took place are in present day pakistan does not makes them part of pakistan, pakistani culture or indeed pakistan's history.
Below are few facts about these places at that time:--

1. Indus valley civilization was an ancient hindu civilization and you find references of it in ancient hindu texts i.e vedas, purans etc.

2. Gandhar rajya plays an important part in Mahabhart, you can find out about it if you read it or ask me if you would really like to know.

3. Puru rajya was also an hindu kingdom rules by hindu king.

Pakistan cannot simply claim that part of history which suits her and discard part of history that it does not likes. All above things are part of India and her history... Pakistan unfortunately cannot lay claim to it...

Some other facts ---

a) You will find references of sindhu desh in Mahabharat. The king fought on Kauravs side and was slain in battle.

b) Lahore is named after Lord Ram's Son. Lahore Fort has a vacant temple dedicated to the son of Lord Ram

c) Jammu & kashmir is named after a hindu rishi kashyap. It is believed that he was the one who drained lake from the valley and that is why the place is named after him.

The reason for above facts is not to start trolling here but they should be seen in the context of the topic being discussed.

Back
Top Bottom