What's new

Islami Bank to hire people of all religions, more women

Russell

Reaction score

Staff Correspondent

Islami Bank has brought major changes to its recruitment policy and decided to hire people from all religions based on merit and efficiency.

“Recruitment will be done through experienced, neutral and professional institutions on the basis of merit and qualification irrespective of religion, caste and creed and including the children of freedom fighters,” the bank said in a statement yesterday.

It will also increase job opportunities for females. The bank now has only 510 female staff among its 13,500 employees.

“More female employees will be recruited for women empowerment,” the statement said.

The decisions were made in a meeting of the board of directors held on January 5. Arastoo Khan, the newly-elected chairman, and other directors of the bank were present in the meeting, the statement said.

At the meeting, changes were made to the posts of the bank's chairman, managing director, heads of various committees and the chief of the Islami Bank Foundation.

Arastoo Khan, a former bureaucrat and representative of Armada Spinning Mills Limited that owns 2 percent stakes in Islami Bank, was elected chairman of the bank.

On January 8, Arastoo told a press conference that the bank would now follow “merit-based recruitment”.

The bank is open to all. If people of other religions are willing to work at the bank, they can sit for recruitment tests, he then said.

“We will hire them if they are meritorious and qualified.”

According to yesterday's statement, Islami Bank Bangladesh Ltd shall continue its sharia principles and fundamental values. “It will apply zero tolerance policy regarding compliance of Islamic sharia.”

Employee salary structure will be revised in comparison with other banks, the statement also said.

It said the board of directors agreed that no employee shall be terminated.

The bank's new board is comprised of 16 members. Seven of them come from some little-known companies that own more than 14 percent stakes in the bank.

Islami Bank is now the largest bank in the country with a deposit of Tk 68,000 crore and an advance of Tk 65,000 crore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Long overdue - 500 women out of a workforce of 13000+ ffs and that's before you take into account, they openly discriminated against potential employees based on faith.

No longer will it ensure automatic employment for the kuttas of Shibir

I had good experience with Islami Bank as their employees are more approachable than other banks. Hope that they will continue to maintain their soft approach and will not grow their Noses.

40 years i guess we have account and np until now

Good move, give every citizen of the country equal opportunities irrespective of the person's religious background.
This is the only way forward for cumulative progress.

I had good experience with Islami Bank as their employees are more approachable than other banks. Hope that they will continue to maintain their soft approach and will not grow their Noses.
Why would the hiring of women and minorities change their 'soft approach and grow their noses'??

Why would the hiring of women and minorities change their 'soft approach and grow their noses'??
I Did Not meant what you are saying. I hope that after their new administrative changes, they will not turn into more Prioritized customer focused Fashion-Style Centric Banking like many other banks in BD.

Lets finger cross, AL dont loot this bank as well. AL pretty much had horiloot all the fcking banks in BD including the central bank. BD's largest bank's fate is on dilemma, it can be the largest beggar bank in future.

Islami bank e hindu ra ki kaz korbe?. hindu der ki Shariah motabiq banking er maloomat royese? esob toder deshei hote pare. sirf nam e Musolman hos kaz korm e hindu. nijeder mulk paisos ar bangali musolman der nam bodnaam korsos.

Staff Correspondent

Islami Bank has brought major changes to its recruitment policy and decided to hire people from all religions based on merit and efficiency.

“Recruitment will be done through experienced, neutral and professional institutions on the basis of merit and qualification irrespective of religion, caste and creed and including the children of freedom fighters,” the bank said in a statement yesterday.

It will also increase job opportunities for females. The bank now has only 510 female staff among its 13,500 employees.

“More female employees will be recruited for women empowerment,” the statement said.

The decisions were made in a meeting of the board of directors held on January 5. Arastoo Khan, the newly-elected chairman, and other directors of the bank were present in the meeting, the statement said.

At the meeting, changes were made to the posts of the bank's chairman, managing director, heads of various committees and the chief of the Islami Bank Foundation.

Arastoo Khan, a former bureaucrat and representative of Armada Spinning Mills Limited that owns 2 percent stakes in Islami Bank, was elected chairman of the bank.

On January 8, Arastoo told a press conference that the bank would now follow “merit-based recruitment”.

The bank is open to all. If people of other religions are willing to work at the bank, they can sit for recruitment tests, he then said.

“We will hire them if they are meritorious and qualified.”

According to yesterday's statement, Islami Bank Bangladesh Ltd shall continue its sharia principles and fundamental values. “It will apply zero tolerance policy regarding compliance of Islamic sharia.”

Employee salary structure will be revised in comparison with other banks, the statement also said.

It said the board of directors agreed that no employee shall be terminated.

The bank's new board is comprised of 16 members. Seven of them come from some little-known companies that own more than 14 percent stakes in the bank.

Islami Bank is now the largest bank in the country with a deposit of Tk 68,000 crore and an advance of Tk 65,000 crore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Long overdue - 500 women out of a workforce of 13000+ ffs and that's before you take into account, they openly discriminated against potential employees based on faith.

No longer will it ensure automatic employment for the kuttas of Shibir
60% of this bank is owned by Kuwait finance house and only 10% Bengali ownership. My dad works in Kuwait finance house headquarters... and he says it's really good bank in terms of customer service. I think he manages his finances with this bank.

60% of this bank is owned by Kuwait finance house and only 10% Bengali ownership. My dad works in Kuwait finance house headquarters... and he says it's really good bank in terms of customer service. I think he manages his finances with this bank.
You may be wrong about the ownership %. S Alam group owns 14% and the new chairman's company own another 2%. And then there are also others.

You may be wrong about the ownership %. S Alam group owns 14% and the new chairman's company own another 2%. And then there are also others.
Maybe Bengali ownership has grown but as far as I know it's 60% kfh owned

Al rajhi bank used to be the largest Islamic bank in the world and after the 2008 crisis... Kuwait finance house bought it making it the largest bank and also largest shareholder of islami bank Bangladesh limited.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islami_Bank_Bangladesh_Ltd

Inna lillah to Islami Bank. Withdraw your massari now before it's all gone. :undecided:

Back
Top Bottom