What's new

Directorate of Inter Services Intelligence: Updates & Discussions

i dont know who are you and dont wanna know but i am giving you a chance to be proove your self as a hero i have some thing for you. but i m feeling unsafe when i m typeing this msg ok bye...

I believe that you are on drugs because you are talking silly. Or maybe you are posting these messages from an asylum.

How come you want to work for CIA - they enroll only US citizen.

Int job is far from what it shown in Hollywood movies.

Do you want to go to India, work in cover with looming risk of get captured, tortured and buried/burned without knowledge of people back home ?

Pakistan has also an intelligence agency named CIA. It is not the American CIA but probably it is a police intelligence agency like FIA.

No real ISI agent will answer restricted questions about ISI. So anyone claiming to answer questions in private message is a fraud. Especially that 50$ guy is a looter.

Pakistan has also an intelligence agency named CIA. It is not the American CIA but probably it is a police intelligence agency like FIA.
yep, that's correct.CIA is Pakistan's equivalent of FBI.The Pakistani CIA stands for Central Investigation Agency.

wsalam
can i ask u a Q?????
y do u wnt to join ISI??????
sirif shok pura kane k lea???
qualifikation kea hy aap ki?????

ASALAM O ALAKUM THERE IS ANY ONE WHO TELL ME HOW TO JOIN ISI.I WANT TO JOIN ISI.IF SOME ONE HELP ME THEN TELL ME PLEASE

wsalam
can i ask u a Q?????
y do u wnt to join ISI??????
sirif shok pura kane k lea???
qualifikation kea hy aap ki?????
:police::sniper::sniper:

So, quick question and I am NOT trying to offend at all when I ask this:

Is it true that the ISI has been supporting the Taliban "to curb Indian influence in Afghanistan?"

America has done much worse than that, I am just trying to get a Pakistani perspective on the issue.

The I.S.I is a purely Military intelligence agency,no civilian operative can get into it.in order for someone to join I.S.I they have to join the Army first as a commissioned officer in a Fighting Arm i.e not in engineers corps,medical corps etc.after that you take the intelligence exam(if you are deemed suitable),the exam is not open for all officers,very bright officers are allowed to take the test,the successful candidates undergo intelligence training and then become an active operative of I.S.I.

its not easy though. oh by the way major difference between RAW and ISI is the fact that RAW employs civilians too while ISI doen not

hope i answered your question

The I.S.I is a purely Military intelligence agency,no civilian operative can get into it.in order for someone to join I.S.I they have to join the Army first as a commissioned officer in a Fighting Arm i.e not in engineers corps,medical corps etc.after that you take the intelligence exam(if you are deemed suitable),the exam is not open for all officers,very bright officers are allowed to take the test,the successful candidates undergo intelligence training and then become an active operative of I.S.I.

its not easy though. oh by the way major difference between RAW and ISI is the fact that RAW employs civilians too while ISI doen not

hope i answered your question

CORRECTION

Both civilians and members of the armed forces can join the ISI. For civilians, recruitment is advertised and is jointly handled by the Federal Public Services Commission (FPSC) and civilian ISI agents are considered employees of the Ministry of Defence. The FPSC conducts various examinations testing the candidate's knowledge of current affairs, English and various analytical abilities. Based on the results, the FPSC shortlists the candidates and sends the list to the ISI who conduct the initial background checks. The selected candidates are then invited for an interview which is conducted by a joint committee comprising both ISI and FPSC officials.

CORRECTION

Both civilians and members of the armed forces can join the ISI. For civilians, recruitment is advertised and is jointly handled by the Federal Public Services Commission (FPSC) and civilian ISI agents are considered employees of the Ministry of Defence. The FPSC conducts various examinations testing the candidate's knowledge of current affairs, English and various analytical abilities. Based on the results, the FPSC shortlists the candidates and sends the list to the ISI who conduct the initial background checks. The selected candidates are then invited for an interview which is conducted by a joint committee comprising both ISI and FPSC officials.

True Bro...:pakistan::pdf:

CORRECTION

Yes but you fail to mention most of them are Tech's.

Yes but you fail to mention most of them are Tech's.

As far as I know, most of them are non-tech's and the people in JIT are almost exclusively from the armed forces and there's some preference for PAF personnel when it comes to tech as well (notable exceptions can be there of course).

For civilians, it's a dead-end job as none of them climb much higher up the ladder and by BPS-19 or so, they're transferred to the IB and here and there.

And the test is one joke. Read here for the questions that came up in the test conducted for the recent batch that was advertised.

yep, that's correct.CIA is Pakistan's equivalent of FBI.The Pakistani CIA stands for Central Investigation Agency.

This is not a federal force, rather a provincial one run by respective home departments as an extension of the police. They are commonly called "CIA Police" and are operational in KP, Punjab and Balochistan with their role quite diminished in Sindh since the CID and AVCC were improved.

Pakistan has no direct equivalent of the FBI. We have duties and jurisdictions spread over a number of inquisitions with extensive cross-jurisdictions as well.

ASALAM O ALAKUM THERE IS ANY ONE WHO TELL ME HOW TO JOIN ISI.I WANT TO JOIN ISI.IF SOME ONE HELP ME THEN TELL ME PLEASE

r u sure u can sacrifice ure life?? if yes...then i can help u get into it...think before getting into it LOL...and u will have to work without pay too.can u do that????????
if yes ????? then there is a chance u get hired otherwise u can just dream of it.....
isnt it amazing???
the above characteristics r true for ISI........these pplz dont even eat for dayz cuz sometimes they dont even have food ...true LOL not jokng and sometimes they do have food but they dont eat cuz they share for their brotherz...
so thnk again before gettng into it ...

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know, most of them are non-tech's and the people in JIT are almost exclusively from the armed forces and there's some preference for PAF personnel when it comes to tech as well (notable exceptions can be there of course).

For civilians, it's a dead-end job as none of them climb much higher up the ladder and by BPS-19 or so, they're transferred to the IB and here and there.

And the test is one joke. Read here for the questions that came up in the test conducted for the recent batch that was advertised.

This is not a federal force, rather a provincial one run by respective home departments as an extension of the police. They are commonly called "CIA Police" and are operational in KP, Punjab and Balochistan with their role quite diminished in Sindh since the CID and AVCC were improved.

Pakistan has no direct equivalent of the FBI. We have duties and jurisdictions spread over a number of inquisitions with extensive cross-jurisdictions as well.

Thanks sparklingway, one of my dear friends from UET was inducted as a techy, so i was going by what i had been told from him. Oh well, you know what they say about 2nd hand information. :D

Thanks sparklingway, one of my dear friends from UET was inducted as a techy, so i was going by what i had been told from him. Oh well, you know what they say about 2nd hand information. :D

Mine was probably tenth hand in this case. I have a number of friends-by-extensions working in IB though, although some have left these jobs to join ANF and FIA since they found the jobs to be very unrewarding and mere press-clipping-reporting (at least at the initial stages). One good friend is up for this time's AD ISI job. As usual, they'll take nearly over an year from test to start of job.

Back
Top Bottom