Is The JF17 Thunder Stil Relevant Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm Force

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Todays Maiden Test of the PAK FA is a very serious development in the indo pak context.

Some people have down played this event even rediculing what is obviously a sukhoi redesigned flanker to be far more Stealthier than the aready formidable flanker series.

The PAK FA may have an RCS equal to 5% or even less of the SU30MKI.

Add the massive developmenrs in next 5-10 years of a NEW 3DTVC engine intro of new IBRIS AESA and sensor fusion technology and you have a real state of the ART SUPER FLANKER called PAK FA

by 2017 ONLY 7 YEARS AWAY these new super flankers far more dangerous then the 230 SU30MKI will be arriving in indian colours.

WHAT SHOULD PAF do with it BRAND NEW JF17 thunder as a result.

Already PAF members where asking the SERIOUS question re obtaining euro engine and weapons from Europe to upgrade a virtually brand new warplane.

Pakistan is hardly cash rich. EVERY PENNY EVERY DOLLAR counts.

Can they afford to induct 150 Thunders from now til 2017-2018 AT $2.5 BILLION+++ THEN FIND THEY ARE NOW of no use against

SU30MKI + PAK FA combination.

++ Many people acknowledged SU30MKI was a exceptional agile fighter with 2 X tvc engine and PESA radars. BUT some agued it had big RCS.

Now it appears a NEW super flanker witH 3 X tvc and at worst very low observability will enter indo pak skies.

IS THE J10/J17 procurement plan too little too late.

WHAT SHOULD PAF DO now to be ready for this NEW THREAT in 7-10 years

The very low observability can ve clearly witnessed from this VEDIO TODAY.

It clearly will be invisible to many fighter radars

Very impresive design i must say

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx for bringing this up!

I was hoping someone would ask this sooner or later!

I think its a very serious development, serious in the sense that, the usual oblique balance of power that tilts in India's favor is gonna be from now on, a vertical line.....

thats no good, for the region and especially for Pakistan.

With MKIs and now PAK FA, the JF 17 sounds like a self delusion, the PAF is in a very very bad shape, and for the foreseeable future, this is going to worsen into a nightmare.

just another example, India has the S-300, planning on the future 400s and what do we have? Crotale and SPADA? :cheesy: :undecided:

if war were to break out now or in the next 5-7 years, India is definitely at a great advantage and assets like the PAK FA will lengthen that superiority to possibly a decade or two.

:undecided:

.........and that basically means a very very long period where we Pakistanis will be pressurized from all sides and continuously hearing war threats from the hard line/extremists groups in India with demands of surgical strikes and so on.... and countries cannot sustain growth in such environments!

It is gonna be BAAD!

more and more long range sams + wait for any china's stelth fighter produce more missiles and nukes for all forces will be best option.i know pak-fa and mki are best but we have to defend us we can't simply lose hope.we are here for live and paqkistan is not to going any were.all options are open .the current time will be over one day we can't live always in crisiss.zardari is not a long life king of pakistan i am looing we will got some good staf in future.

Todays Maiden Test of the PAK FA is a very serious development in the indo pak context.

Some people have down played this event even rediculing what is obviously a sukhoi redesigned flanker to be far more Stealthier than the aready formidable flanker series.

The PAK FA may have an RCS equal to 5% or even less of the SU30MKI.

Add the massive developmenrs in next 5-10 years of a NEW 3DTVC engine intro of new IBRIS AESA and sensor fusion technology and you have a real state of the ART SUPER FLANKER called PAK FA

by 2017 ONLY 7 YEARS AWAY these new super flankers far more dangerous then the 230 SU30MKI will be arriving in indian colours.

WHAT SHOULD PAF do with it BRAND NEW JF17 thunder as a result.

Already PAF members where asking the SERIOUS question re obtaining euro engine and weapons from Europe to upgrade a virtually brand new warplane.

Pakistan is hardly cash rich. EVERY PENNY EVERY DOLLAR counts.

Can they afford to induct 150 Thunders from now til 2017-2018 AT $2.5 BILLION+++ THEN FIND THEY ARE NOW of no use against

SU30MKI + PAK FA combination.

++ Many people acknowledged SU30MKI was a exceptional agile fighter with 2 X tvc engine and PESA radars. BUT some agued it had big RCS.

Now it appears a NEW super flanker witH 3 X tvc and at worst very low observability will enter indo pak skies.

IS THE J10/J17 procurement plan too little too late.

WHAT SHOULD PAF DO now to be ready for this NEW THREAT in 7-10 years

Oh, for the love of God! You think the PAF just found out that something called the PAK-FA exists? You don't think their planning took this into account?

China has multiple 5th gen projects underway. J-10B/FC20 will be an exciting and capable platform. This past year alone the PAF has added Selex Galileo drones, Il tankers, Erieye EW systems, some JF-17s and B52 F-16s. In 2010, the first JF-17 squadron stands up with SD-10 BVRAAMs, we get more F-16 B52s and Erieyes and get closer to the FC20 platform.

Instead of thinking about single aircraft specs vs. single aircraft specs, think about the evolving battle space. In this context, Erieyes communicating with JF-17s, ground based SAM defences, AMRAAM equipped F-16 B52s and orbiting tankers extending CAPs and loiter times are a pretty potent force for anyone to mess with.

By the time the PAK-FA is inducted in numbers, who is to say the FC-20 numbers won't go up, combined with J-XX procurement?

Rest easy.

Last edited:
welll pakistan has best of alllll dettereence stop terrorism ok just kidding

well tey have nukes tats an great putt off for any oppenent who cherishes thought of full scale war

imo this could be avoided....

but me waiting for good news on MCA baby...with much higher use of carbon composites and inducting the now known to HAL the other stealth technology incorporated into it , it should be a formidable fighter when it comes out.... ADA better buckle up and give the news as soon as possible....

sorry to be off topic ....but cant help it ...atleast for today....

Instead of thinking about single aircraft specs vs. single aircraft specs, think about the evolving battle space. In this context, Erieyes communicating with JF-17s, ground based SAM defences, AMRAAM equipped F-16 B52s and orbiting tankers extending CAPs and loiter times are a pretty potent force for anyone to mess with.

Rest easy.

Its not fear buddy... its simple war mechanics! that is to say, the dynamic theater dictated by high tech in numbers, air superiority and outdoing your enemy on land, air and water.

with all the dynamics you just mentioned ^, in the same context, think of the Indian side, what the PAK Fa and MKIs will be backed up by!

the equation is heavily towards their side, we not only lack the numbers but also the tech and the approach.

as per the thread title, JF-17s even J-XXs in 1/3rd to 1/4th the enemies numbers added by a few FC20s is the same equation as is now but even more tilted in Indias favor!

Estimated maturity time of this plane for Russian is 5 to 7 years. For India more 8 to 10 years. By that time something else will be in Pak fleet. Any way PAK-FA is too far for India.

Estimated maturity time of this plane for Russian is 5 to 7 years. For India more 8 to 10 years. By that time something else will be in Pak fleet. Any way PAK-FA is too far for India.

Sir,

One point to be noted the Time Russia starts Inducting, India will also start the same because you might not be aware but India has planned for 50 PAK FA single seat. This was taken into consideration just because to induct the fighter ASAP.. Now on the other hand, please advise on J 10 induction and what the no will be in 2017, and also regarding JF 17.

useless thread.

shouldnt india just drop Mig-29 upgrade program More MKI stop production of LCA drop 126 MRCA programe in favor of PAK-FA if this is the answer to every solution?? seriously dont you have some other 3rd grade forum to flood in? I know you wont enjoy so much freedom of speech anywhere else that we pakistanis believe in.

Last edited by a moderator:

well it is atleast 7 yrs away....now i am waiting for any news on MCA ....because PAK FA is anyways in india's future inventory...
feel free to disagree:cheers:

Also with MMRCA coming in, by 2017 India will have at least 60 MMRCA, whoever wins, and 180 Sukhoi MKI. The Gap doesn't seem to fill sir.. Though after you provide me the data on the no game in Pakistan we will carry on the discussion furthr.

I request all the members to keep the thread clean, while commenting please consider your adversery aswell.

Thanks and Regards,

Haider People IN pakistan and indeed on this very forum have been burying their heads in the sand.

We first herd of India joining Russia on a NEW russian fighter (5th generation) in 2006-2007. We all laughed it off as Russia cannot do this and india will not be allowed to join.

Well TODAY we all saw the evidence.

Let me tell you know I think the PAK FA is nearly 60-70% ready.

The Radar is virtually ready and i have now doubt a NEW 3 dimensional TVC engine is just round the cornor. Russians have always built good powerful engines but poor on maintenance.

The QUESTION how long will a THUNDER or indeed a F16/52 last against a FIGHTER like PAK FA.

They are both 1.5 generations behind the PAK FA.

If you cant see it HOW YOU GOING TO KILL IT.

PAK FA will pik up Thunders from 250 km away based on ibris AESA radar.

Novatar BVR KILLS AT 200KM and travels at mach 5..

With 3rd generation radars on both Thunder/F16/52 (NON AESA) AND COUPLED with PAK FA design the PAF won,t see the indian FGFA unless he is within 30 miles.

its too late as the F15 pilot found out against F22 with kill ratios of 144- nil.

You cant kill what you cant see or SEE TO LATE

useless thread.
@ the joker of this forum storm force
shouldnt india just drop Mig-29 upgrade program More MKI stop production of LCA drop 126 MRCA programe in favor of PAK-FA if this is the answer to every solution?? seriously dont you have some other 3rd grade forum to flood in? I know you wont enjoy so much freedom of speech anywhere else that we pakistanis believe in.

lol sir, it was funny but aise attack mat karo, doesn't sound professional... just my personal opinion,

Growler.

I know the PAK FA is annoying you...

I suggest you refrain fron joining in LET THE OTHER members post.

I THINK esp the THUNDER/J10 fan boys should be herd to see HOW THEY will fare against a new generation FGFA super flanker..

PS chinease JXX is 15 years away.. at least

Even the J10 was built from israeli LAVI technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom