What's new

Iran's national military budget increases by 127 percent

Iran makes everything itself so this dont mean anything. its not like they spend money to buy things from the outside.

Ahmadinejad wants to fund this increase in military spending with a 20% increase in tax revenues. How on earth does this crackpot expect his people to pay 20% extra in taxes especially under the current economic conditions?

Ahmadinejad wants to fund this increase in military spending with a 20% increase in tax revenues. How on earth does this crackpot expect his people to pay 20% extra in taxes especially under the current economic conditions?

Simple. By taxing the untaxed part of economy which is huge. In Iran very few people pay taxes and Iran's tax to GDP ratio is one of the lowest in the world. Very few people specially those in speculative parts of economy pay any tax on their huge earnings.

Simple. By taxing the untaxed part of economy which is huge. In Iran very few people pay taxes and Iran's tax to GDP ratio is one of the lowest in the world. Very few people specially those in speculative parts of economy pay any tax on their huge earnings.

That is not the proposal. The proposal is to increase tax rates by 20%, across the board. No one mentioned anything about taxing new sectors of the economy.

That is not the proposal. The proposal is to increase tax rates by 20%, across the board. No one mentioned anything about taxing new sectors of the economy.

Ok. Now do not quote an Israeli propaganda newspaper as fact. Ahmadinejad has been implementing a structural reform program aimed at taxing the untaxed portion of the economy and even last year there was a strike by jewelry markets in Iran because they did not want to be taxed. It is not best to quote Israel when talking about Iran.

Ok. Now do not quote an Israeli propaganda newspaper as fact. Ahmadinejad has been implementing a structural reform program aimed at taxing the untaxed portion of the economy and even last year there was a strike by jewelry markets in Iran because they did not want to be taxed. It is not best to quote Israel when talking about Iran.

The Israeli newspaper was merely quoting Ahmadinihad's address on a radio station, I'll take their word for it since I don't speak Farsi. Anyway I would love to know where your confidence in Ahmadinejads economic policies come from. This man has single handedly destroyed the Iranian economy. Iran's economic woes are 90% mismanagement and 10% sanctions, even Iranian lawmakers and politicians publicly say this.

well they make alot of things home made so thats understandable that they need an increase in budget and they are at war in way...... they should invest that money in missiles its their only hope

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

The Israeli newspaper was merely quoting Ahmadinihad's address on a radio station, I'll take their word for it since I don't speak Farsi. Anyway I would love to know where your confidence in Ahmadinejads economic policies come from. This man has single handedly destroyed the Iranian economy. Iran's economic woes are 90% mismanagement and 10% sanctions, even Iranian lawmakers and politicians publicly say this.

either become a us slave or go his way i guess different choices huh

Ok. It is upto you to have your utmost and complete confidence in Israel. I do not. As for economy, Ahamdinejad has instituted plans that have been praised by IMF while at the same time IMF is saying west has destroyed its economy. I take more interest in what IMF, WB, UNDP and other professional international organization have to say than Israel and its propaganda media unlike you whose info comes from most biased sources in the world. Each country has economic problem including China but it is how a government is planning long term that matters. Iran's planning is good enough for them despite not being perfect. It is better than EU and US, I have to say. Have a look at this professional and non-biased commentary: Tyranny of numbers

Back
Top Bottom