What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

It's almost done
Anzali sina4.JPG

Persian Gulf fleet should be the priority!!! There is no need to compete in the Caspian Sea on Naval Fleet size! I would just add 3-4 more Gadir Subs there & it should be plenty & it can be done in less than 2 years!

All the +200 tone Ship building equipment, materials and manpower should be moved to the South & Iran's Navy shouldn't be bothering building warships with ranges below 5,000 km anymore You can leave that up to Sepah!

Persian Gulf fleet should be the priority!!! There is no need to compete in the Caspian Sea on Naval Fleet size!

Maybe, but we don't want the Azerbaijanis to get cocky. There is still a naval territory debate you know.

The Sina class is only an approx. 250 ton missile boat, it costs little to nothing and carries decent armament. Building a handful for the Caspian will do us no harm. Obviously the Damavand outstrips anything the Azeris have by a long shot, but that doesn't rule them out from working with Turkey to improve their fleet. Furthermore, the Damavand itself isn't exactly the most prolific of warships (carries just 4 AShMs, though the SAM and Radar equipment is good) so the fleet may need some bolstering.

As for the Sepah, they almost exclusively do small fast attack craft, I don't expect them to move up to 5000 km range, and frankly they do enough already. The IRIN has the experience and this is a vessel they have built before, let the professionals do the job.

Maybe, but we don't want the Azerbaijanis to get cocky. There is still a naval territory debate you know.

The Sina class is only an approx. 250 ton missile boat, it costs little to nothing and carries decent armament. Building a handful for the Caspian will do us no harm. Obviously the Damavand outstrips anything the Azeris have by a long shot, but that doesn't rule them out from working with Turkey to improve their fleet. Furthermore, the Damavand itself isn't exactly the most prolific of warships (carries just 4 AShMs, though the SAM and Radar equipment is good) so the fleet may need some bolstering.

As for the Sepah, they almost exclusively do small fast attack craft, I don't expect them to move up to 5000 km range, and frankly they do enough already. The IRIN has the experience and this is a vessel they have built before, let the professionals do the job.

Iran can take out every port in the Republic of Azerbaijan without a single ship in less than 10 min "Pass lazem neest ba pasheh ha reghabat koneem!!! They are no threat! And this is nothing but a distraction!!!!!!!

IRGC should be patrolling everything up to 400km & Iran's Navy should be mainly focused on everything beyond!

Sepah beh andozeh kafi keshti o ghayehgh zeereh 1000km darreh o mesazeh Artesh am beh andozeh kaffi ta 2000km darreh! Bayad har do estandord ha khodeshoon o bebaran balla tar! 4-5 Badaneh /Hull takmeel shodeh Sina oftadeh jonoob aslan karri roshoon anjom nemesheh............

Iran can take out every port in the Republic of Azerbaijan without a single ship in less than 10 min "Pass lazem neest ba pasheh ha reghabat koneem!!! They are no threat! And this is nothing but a distraction!!!!!!!
Hopefully it doesn't get to that stage. Because that would be a huge escalation of any conflict. What we should be doing is patrolling our territory so nobody gets any ideas.

Iran Ruhani:orders work on nuclear propulsion device

13950522000133_PhotoA.jpg

http://www.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=13950923001087
Iranian president orders work on nuclear propulsion device

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has ordered the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) to plan work on nuclear propulsion devices to be used in sea transport in response to the recent violation of a multilateral nuclear deal by the United States.

In a directive issued to the head of the AEOI on Tuesday, the Iranian chief executive demanded that the organization draw appropriate plans to design and manufacture nuclear propulsion devices as well as the fuel required for them.

He instructed Ali Akbar Salehi, the head of the AEOI, to report back to him on the issue within a maximum period of three months.

The president said the measures were warranted in light of the United States’ foot-dragging in fulfilling its commitments under the multilateral nuclear deal — known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) — and the recent ratification of anti-Iran legislation in the US Congress known as the Iran Sanctions Act (ISA).

President Rouhani said Iran had warned that the approval of the ISA would amount to a breach of the JCPOA
http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2016/12/13/497692/Iran-Rouhani-due-measures-JCPOA-violation.

Last edited:
Iran Ruhani:orders work on nuclear propulsion device

13950522000133_PhotoA.jpg

http://www.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=13950923001087
Iranian president orders work on nuclear propulsion device

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has ordered the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) to plan work on nuclear propulsion devices to be used in sea transport in response to the recent violation of a multilateral nuclear deal by the United States.

In a directive issued to the head of the AEOI on Tuesday, the Iranian chief executive demanded that the organization draw appropriate plans to design and manufacture nuclear propulsion devices as well as the fuel required for them.

He instructed Ali Akbar Salehi, the head of the AEOI, to report back to him on the issue within a maximum period of three months.

The president said the measures were warranted in light of the United States’ foot-dragging in fulfilling its commitments under the multilateral nuclear deal — known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) — and the recent ratification of anti-Iran legislation in the US Congress known as the Iran Sanctions Act (ISA).

President Rouhani said Iran had warned that the approval of the ISA would amount to a breach of the JCPOA
http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2016/12/13/497692/Iran-Rouhani-due-measures-JCPOA-violation.
That means 50% Uranium. Let's see.

But it is a nice ultimatum. Just starting the research without restarting the centrifuges.

That means 50% Uranium. Let's see.

But it is a nice ultimatum. Just starting the research without restarting the centrifuges.

not necessary, russian OK-650 sub reactor runs with 20-45% enriched uran

there are also reactors running with 14% enriched uran

the question is on which nuclear propulsion technology Iran has its hands on...soviet? china?

Also the question is, does Iran need nuclear propulsion?

it is very expensive! Diesel electric is more silent and test show that they can sink US aircraft carriers without beeing noticed!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ectric-vessel-used-replace-subs-stealthy.html

Last edited:
no it can mean enriching 98% or 99% Plutonium or Uranium .
but to have very small size power full reactor we need 98% Plutonium

Not a nuclear Physicists, but I believe if you put even 20% enriched fuel rods in heavy water inside a lead tub it will generate enough heat to boil sea water and you take that steam through a steam turbine to increase PSI and then pump it into a Tesla Turbine and you get population and the steam that goes out of the other side of the Tesla Turbine is fed into the steam turbine....

I think if you can produce the Heavy Water & the Fuel Rods the rest should be easy it's just a matter of making it safe! But I could be wrong not a nuclear physicist!!!!!!

Not a nuclear Physicists,
as you said you not . only way which it can happen is 55% Uranium fuel rods which is for medium sized reactors . for small power full reactors as i said 98% or 99% Plutonium
so you totally wrong . there is no such thing as 20% for nuclear propulsion propellant

Highly Enriched Uranium Naval Reactors

Last edited:
Not a nuclear Physicists, but I believe if you put even 20% enriched fuel rods in heavy water inside a lead tub it will generate enough heat to boil sea water and you take that steam through a steam turbine to increase PSI and then pump it into a Tesla Turbine and you get population and the steam that goes out of the other side of the Tesla Turbine is fed into the steam turbine....

I think if you can produce the Heavy Water & the Fuel Rods the rest should be easy it's just a matter of making it safe! But I could be wrong not a nuclear physicist!!!!!!

Heavy water reactors arent suitable for naval/marine applications,traditionally its been either liquid metal cooled ie sodium/lead-bismuth or light water reactors.
One serious credible option would be for iran to develop something along the lines of the SLOWPOKE reactor as this could be retro fitted into irans kilo class submarines and could use either leu or heu fuel.Its not a high output reactor but it can recharge batteries or run a low speed creep motor.This would be an ideal project for iran and the dprk to work on together,of course this all depends on whether rouhani is actually serious which I personally doubt.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SLOWPOKE_reactor

as you said you not . only way which it can happen is 55% Uranium fuel rods which is for medium sized reactors . for small power full reactors as i said 98% or 99% Plutonium
so you totally wrong . there is no such thing as 20% for nuclear propulsion propellant Highly Enriched Uranium Naval Reactors

Thats not necessarily true,the french navy has stated,and may even have begun doing so,that it intends to use leu in its naval reactors,supposedly this is being done so as to use commercial grade leu produced for french commercial reactors which would be a big financial saving for the military.

so you totally wrong . there is no such thing as 20% for nuclear propulsion propellant

Highly Enriched Uranium Naval Reactors

I know now nothing about nuclear physics so again I have 0 clue! All I know you is that you need heavy water in fuel rods incased in a tub with regular sea water around it & it needs to produce enough heat to boil the sea water & produce steam!
The steam then goes threw rotary turbines to increase the PSI & then is fed into a Tesla Turbine (easy to make)

Iraq, Iran hold joint war game in Persian Gulf

The Iraqi Defense Ministry announced on Tuesday that the naval forces of the two countries are running a joint war game in the Persian Gulf.

The naval forces of Iran and Iraq are going to run a marine war game at the mouth of the Persian Gulf the Iraqi Defense Ministry announced on Tuesday.

The exercise, second joint within a week, is aimed at buoying up the preparedness of the forces to counter smuggling and piracy, and to ensure the maritime security of the region

The first of joint military exercises of Iranian and Iraqi marines kicked off on Monday under the codename of Muhammad Rasoulollah (Muhammad, the Messenger of God) on the border waters of the two countries with 32 vessels of both sides in action, recounts the communiqué of the Iraqi ministry.

Captain Abdulwahed Kazem Sehr along with some other Iraqi commanders supervised the execution of the war game on Monday which was held in severe weather conditions at a high level of performance.

Iraq, Iran hold joint war game in Persian Gulf

The Iraqi Defense Ministry announced on Tuesday that the naval forces of the two countries are running a joint war game in the Persian Gulf.

The naval forces of Iran and Iraq are going to run a marine war game at the mouth of the Persian Gulf the Iraqi Defense Ministry announced on Tuesday.

The exercise, second joint within a week, is aimed at buoying up the preparedness of the forces to counter smuggling and piracy, and to ensure the maritime security of the region

The first of joint military exercises of Iranian and Iraqi marines kicked off on Monday under the codename of Muhammad Rasoulollah (Muhammad, the Messenger of God) on the border waters of the two countries with 32 vessels of both sides in action, recounts the communiqué of the Iraqi ministry.

Captain Abdulwahed Kazem Sehr along with some other Iraqi commanders supervised the execution of the war game on Monday which was held in severe weather conditions at a high level of performance.
That's great news. What kind of vessels does Iraq posses at the moment? I understand most of Iraq's navy was destroyed during the last tow wars.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom