What's new

Iranian military engine development news and updates

ALCON,

I know we've seen images of a RR Tay before in Iran, just can't remember how long ago it was...

The reason for it's display is likely, IMO anyway, to show they can perform major maintenance on an engine that is is a bit part of Iran's civil fleet. The Tay powers the Fokker 70/100 family of commercial jets, which Iran has dozens of across several carriers IIRC.

Wouldn't be a terrible design to fully "domesticate" either (much like the work seen to reverse-engine elements of the JT8D-200 family of turbofans), but hard to tell them just from them displaying it.

Iranian indigenous diesel engine (1300 BHP)

152947509985938800.jpg

It has different versions. But this very engine could also be used in military setting, there's no reason to see why not. I'll post more pics later.
The only military uuse for it is in ships and for that we have more potent bonyan . this particular engine is too big to be used in tanks.

Very good news guys:

DM: Iran to Mass Produce Heavy Turbojet Engines in 2 Years

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Hossein Dehqan announced that the country will mass produce heavy turbofan and turbojet engines in the next two years.
We are Sept 2018, two years after, and no trace of such engine. Does someone have news about it ?

PS- Notice I tried to sign in wiht my twitter account. It was impossible. I had to register as foxhoundbis.

We are Sept 2018, two years after, and no trace of such engine. Does someone have news about it ?

PS- Notice I tried to sign in wiht my twitter account. It was impossible. I had to register as foxhoundbis.
Twitter sign-in has been disabled for quite a while, not sure why. I emailed admin about it a few months ago but nothing came of it.

Do u can give me reference for two yrs, I remember Dehghan said around three yrs.

Do u can give me reference for two yrs, I remember Dehghan said around three yrs.

Engine is likely done and in testing /extensive use to check for issues.

If you look back you can see Owj engine at the time of Ahmadinejad adminstration yet it was officially unveiled under Rouhani admin.

I have a question to my Iranian friends, I've read iranian gas turbine engines were using superalloy But I couldnt find which alloys were being used.

Can anybody point me paper on this super online, Or At least give some details about Which generation super alloy is this? Is this have characteristics similar to Rene N4, N5, CSMX 4 or 10k?

I have a question to my Iranian friends, I've read iranian gas turbine engines were using superalloy But I couldnt find which alloys were being used.

Can anybody point me paper on this super online, Or At least give some details about Which generation super alloy is this? Is this have characteristics similar to Rene N4, N5, CSMX 4 or 10k?
One of the articles I tracked down was about failure analysis of first stage mapna turbine blades made from Superalloy IN738LC
https://www.researchgate.net/public...lade_made_of_nickel-based_superalloy/download

Twitter sign-in has been disabled for quite a while, not sure why. I emailed admin about it a few months ago but nothing came of it.
OK thx.

Engine is likely done and in testing /extensive use to check for issues.

If you look back you can see Owj engine at the time of Ahmadinejad adminstration yet it was officially unveiled under Rouhani admin.
In fact Iam interesting by iranian progress because it leads me to North Korea. As from N.K. we do have none news, I try to link iranian prowess to N.K. The two countries are strong allies, and cooperate closely in all areas. I suspect the heavy engine is a modernized version of the RD-33. If so, Iran and NK could reach an important milestone, if not breakthrough. Do not forget that NK did have buy at least 60-70 Mig-29, and they all produced them under license, including the RD-33. If NK was able to produce such things the technology would be passed to Iran. Then it would be among the most amazed revolution that occurred in this earth since 1917. Western's monopole will be removed of West's hands. I know that NK as Iran can afford the challenge, they do have enough talented engineers, technicians and scientists able to produce the Mig-29. NK was able to produce ICBM as SLBM that is itself a prowess, but they can do more.

If someone among you does have any information about iranian, NK's RD-33 I would be appreciate.

Back
Top Bottom