What's new

Iran Turns Down Clinton's Offer for Iran-US Direct Talks

IranZamin

BANNED
Reaction score
Fars News Agency :: Salehi Turns Down Clinton's Offer for Iran-US Direct Talks

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi on Saturday rejected a recent offer made by his US counterpart Hillary Clinton for the resumption of ties and direct talks between Tehran and Washington, saying US officials show first prove their honesty.

"As long as you are not honest in your intention, talks would be meaningless," Salehi said, addressing the US officials and their latest offer for direct talks between Tehran and Washington.

"As long as you are not honest in your intention, talks would be meaningless," Salehi said
That is a stupid counter-productive response.

Yea but americans often talk with fork tongue.

"As long as you are not honest in your intention, talks would be meaningless," Salehi said
That is a stupid counter-productive response.
for gods sake. how can you offer talks when you put sanctions on the country ?
are you one of those who believe countries should not enter talks on equal foot ?

Yea but americans often talk with fork tongue.
I know that. but sometimes some Iranian authorities are too delusional that they think the USA is their colony and they can talk to the US in a bullying way because the US itself is a bully. That won't work.
I remember that since 2 years ago, both sides are saying that they want to hold direct talks but always one of the two sides reject the offer. I don't say that Iran must rush in accepting their offer, but to reject their offer directly without even giving ourselves some space to think about it is stupid.
There were thousands of better ways to respond to that offer. like 'Iran is always ready for holding direct talks with any foreign nation to improve our ties with them but the USA should first state its intention in holding direct talks with Iran'.
I see no diplomatic language in Salehi's sentence.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

for gods sake. how can you offer talks when you put sanctions on the country ?
are you one of those who believe countries should not enter talks on equal foot ?
How do you know that if we hold direct talks we can't negotiate lifting the sanctions with them? Russia and China are willing to lift the sanctions, only the USA and its allies aren't willing. If the permanent members of the UNSC want to lift the sanctions, sanctions can be lifted.

Iran must never trust americans unless they are prepared to do what they used to under the shah.

[/COLOR]
How do you know that if we hold direct talks we can't negotiate lifting the sanctions with them? Russia and China are willing to lift the sanctions, only the USA and its allies aren't willing. If the permanent members of the UNSC want to lift the sanctions, sanctions can be lifted.
Firstly in order for having direct talks, we must make concessions, that means pleasing the americans. That is not negotiations, that is not mutual respect

Firstly in order for having direct talks, we must make concessions, that means pleasing the americans. That is not negotiations, that is not mutual respect
I don't see any preconditions set by the USA in holding direct talks with Iran.
So we should never talk with our enemy ('The great Satan') because we presume that we must give concessions for direct talks with them? we can at least not refuse their offer if they haven't asked us for concessions yet.
How come that we directly negotiated with the USA and P5+1 over our nuclear program in the Geneva meeting?

IranZamin > there are some groups who are just hoping we never talk to them.
From the radjavi sect to some royalists: if you could access their sites here so many of them just hope the relation with USA would be such disaster that they decide to attack.
You know some of them give fakes informations about nuclear plants and so.
If we want to say them "we don't care to talk with you" this is not going to solve the situation.
Anyway discussing doesn't mean be the slave. or even agree with what they say.

I don't see any preconditions set by the USA in holding direct talks with Iran.
So we should never talk with our enemy ('The great Satan') because we presume that we must give concessions for direct talks with them? we can at least not refuse their offer if they haven't asked us for concessions yet.
How come that we directly negotiated with the USA and P5+1 over our nuclear program in the Geneva meeting?
Mate, if today the issue is the nuclear program,tomorrow will be about the ''Iranian plot'' to kill ambassadors,next week will be about Iran aiding Taliban. They are accusing us constantly and you want us to talk with them ?

IranZamin > there are some groups who are just hoping we never talk to them.
From the radjavi sect to some royalists: if you could access their sites here so many of them just hope the relation with USA would be such disaster that they decide to attack.
You know some of them give fakes informations about nuclear plants and so.
If we want to say them "we don't care to talk with you" this is not going to solve the situation.
Anyway discussing doesn't mean be the slave. or even agree with what they say.
They accuse Iran and a week later they offer us negotiations ? is that how negotiations or friendly relations work ? let the monarchists,the communists watch our resistance against bullies and let them burn their ***.

A quick thought....even india and pakistan are sworn enemy to each other ...still then we talk....but i dont think Iran and US have that much of negativity that you guys would not talk....

Mate, if today the issue is the nuclear program,tomorrow will be about the ''Iranian plot'' to kill ambassadors,next week will be about Iran aiding Taliban. They are accusing us constantly and you want us to talk with them ?
And If we don't talk to them they'll stop that? Of course no. But if we hold direct talks with them, they may change their behavior. It's worth trying at least. the US perfectly knows that no one buys their B.S about Iran any more, their recent plot to accuse Iran of plotting to kill the Saudi ambassador only made them a laughing stock of the world. even inside the US the people were casting doubt on the validity of the US accusations against Iran.
If you want to give the west an excuse to demonize Iran as an outlaw state which is a military dictatorship, then you're on the right track but if you want Iran to go in the direction that is profitable for Iran then I think it is not wise to close the doors for holding direct talks with our sworn enemy.

And If we don't talk to them they'll stop that? Of course no. But if we hold direct talks with them, they may change their behavior. It's worth trying at least. the US perfectly knows that no one buys their B.S about Iran any more, their recent plot to accuse Iran of plotting to kill the Saudi ambassador only made them a laughing stock of the world. even inside the US the people were casting doubt on the validity of the US accusations against Iran.
If you want to give the west an excuse to demonize Iran as an outlaw state which is a military dictatorship, then you're on the right track but if you want Iran to go in the direction that is profitable for Iran then I think it is not wise to close the doors for holding direct talks with our sworn enemy.
you honestly care what the ''world'' says or think about Iran ? last time i checked Iran was favored in majority of the muslim countries, like yourself said they dont buy US BS about Iran anymore.

Btw, Didnt Ahmadinejad send Obama a letter, which Obama never responded to it ? Why doesnt he correspond directly with the president of Iran or Khamenei ? Hmm, i smell israeli blocking lo l

Back
Top Bottom