What's new

Iran test-fires new long-range missile

lem34

New Recruit

Reaction score
Iran test-fires new long-range missile

Mon Jan 2, 2012 10:37AM GMT

Iran's long-range coast-to-sea Qader missile

Iran's Navy has successfully test-fired a new long-range coast-to-sea missile called Qader in the first try during the final day of major naval maneuvers in the strategic Strait of Hormuz.

The new projectile has been designed and manufactured by Iranian experts and was launched on Monday during the “power phase” of the massive 10-day Velayat 90 war games, said Rear Admiral Mahmoud Mousavi, the spokesman for the Navy's drills.

The smart Qader (Capable) missile managed to successfully strike and destroy its intended target, he added.

In late September, Iran launched a mass-production line of the domestically-built Qader marine cruise missile in a move to beef up the country's defense capabilities against potential enemies.

Iran's Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi had stated that the Qader marine cruise missile, which was unveiled by President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on August 23, would be mass-produced “as quickly as possible.”

With its range of 200 kilometers, the Qader missile has been produced in light of Iran's self-sufficiency, deterrence and military prowess.

The sea-launched cruise missile has high destructive power and can destroy targets, including frigates, warships as well as an enemy's coastal targets.

Cruising at low altitude with high precision in target acquisition are two other features of the relatively lightweight missile.

Mousavi further said that Iran's naval forces will also launch short-range Nasr (Victory) missiles at pre-determined targets “within the next few hours” in the concluding day of the Velayat 90 drills.

The Iranian commander added that the Nour (Light) surface-to-surface will also be fired during the naval maneuvers on Monday.

Iran's Navy launched the massive 10-day exercise on December 24, covering an area stretching from the east of the Strait of Hormuz in the Persian Gulf to the Gulf of Aden.

Iran maintains that the maneuvers are defensive in nature and intend to convey a message of peace and friendship to the countries of the region. It has also extended a public invitation to regional states to conduct joint naval drills with Iranian forces.

In recent years, Iran has made great achievements in its defense sector and attained self-sufficiency in producing essential military equipment and systems.

Excellent news, Congrats to our neighbor well done.

Did not no england was a neighbour to iran.

Grats to Iran.

Did not no england was a neighbour to iran.

Grats to Iran.

I have previously explained on another thread that I have loyalties to UK and Pakistan. Pakistan is the country of origin of my forefathers. I treat both Pakistan and UK as my countries. Its the same as UK they threw out all convicts to Australia and you still feel loyal and superimpose our British flag on your flag

I have previously explained on another thread that I have loyalties to UK and Pakistan. Pakistan is the country of origin of my forefathers. I treat both Pakistan and UK as my countries. Its the same as UK they threw out all convicts to Australia and you still feel loyal and superimpose our British flag on your flag

Im 1st gen australian with english heritage but i feel no loyalty to england.

Im suprised about ur UK loyalty after all down talk on whites.

Who are you more afraid of......Tehran or Washington?

Great news - congratulations to our Iranian friends for this great achievement!

Im 1st gen australian with english heritage but i feel no loyalty to england.

Im suprised about ur UK loyalty after all down talk on whites.

I abhor injustice wherever it occurs by whoever. You have got the wrong idea I believe there is a small group of white anglo saxon protestant English speakers and the like of AIPAC responsible for most of the injustices around the world. This small group have carried out unjust actions against their own poor white people.

As for loyalty tell me if Australia does not qualify for the football World cup and England did who would you support??

Sorry, we're not indian. Only you guys take it up the back from the white men. The rest of the planet values freedom and dignity.

Ahh at last bro you recognise them for what they are. Congrats to our Iranian bros on success of missile test. Give some to Hezbollah also

Back
Top Bottom