What's new

Iran says tests will show cause of diplomat's death in Saudi

Arminkh

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Can someone please tell me why Iran even let's such high ranking people to travel to SA without any protection??

Iran says tests will show cause of diplomat's death in Saudi - Yahoo News

Iran says tests will show cause of diplomat's death in Saudi

Tehran (AFP) - Iran will conduct medical tests to establish if a high-ranking diplomat died of suffocation at this year's hajj pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia, following widely contrasting accounts about his demise.

Suspicion has surrounded the case of Ghazanfar Roknabadi, 49, a former ambassador to Lebanon, with senior officials suggesting as late as two weeks ago that he was alive and being held hostage.

But Iran confirmed Thursday that Roknabadi's corpse had been found in Saudi Arabia. His body arrived back in Tehran on Friday with his coffin draped in the Iranian flag for a funeral ceremony.

He is thought to have been among 464 Iranians killed in the hajj's worst-ever tragedy in September -- at least 2,236 perished in a stampede at Mina, near the Saudi city of Mecca.

But confusion over his death has added to already heavy strain between Tehran and Riyadh, the Middle East's strongest Shiite and Sunni powers, who back opposing sides in conflicts in Syria and Yemen.

Until last year, Roknabadi was Tehran's envoy to Beirut, a highly sensitive post. Lebanon is home to the Iranian-backed Shiite movement Hezbollah, allied with President Bashar al-Assad in the Syrian civil war, who Riyadh has repeatedly urged to stand down.

View gallery

The late former ambassador to Lebanon, Ghazanfar Roknabadi (AFP Photo/)
Roknabadi's body was identified by DNA in Saudi Arabia but secondary testing will be used to determine if he died in the hajj crush, his brother was quoted saying by the ISNA news agency.

"If the result of examinations in Tehran contradicts the Saudis' claim that my brother died in the Mina incident we will complain via international forums," Morteza Roknabadi said.

He acknowledged the rumours about his brother's death, which followed recent remarks by Iran's Deputy Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian.

"Our intelligence indicates that he is still alive, and we ask Saudi Arabia to return him alive," Abdollahian said on November 11.

When Roknabadi was initially reported as being among the hajj victims Iran's foreign ministry denied claims by some Arab media that he had travelled to Saudi Arabia under a false name.

On Friday, ministry spokesman Hossein Jaberi Ansari confirmed further testing would take place to establish how the diplomat died but the assumption was natural causes.

Top Iranian officials including supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei accused Saudi Arabia of incompetence at the hajj and said the handling of the aftermath and repatriation of bodies was far too slow.

O Iran and Saudia, Please get over your hate as it is hurting the whole Ummah before we decide to get rid of your both extremes.

Last edited:
O Iran and Saudia, Please get over your hate as it is hurting the whole Ummah before we decide to get rid of your both extremes.
what hate we are just doing some forensic test and an autopsy on a body which is doubt about its cuse of death. I dont knew about were you live but its a common procedur here.

what hate we are just doing some forensic test and an autopsy on a body which is doubt about its cuse of death. I dont knew about were you live but its a common procedur here.
Not this singular even but the overall situation, especially fundings for sectarian violence in Pakistan. Both Saudia and Iran fund wahabis and shias, respectively, in Pakistan to fight each other.

Not this singular even but the overall situation, especially fundings for sectarian violence in Pakistan. Both Saudia and Iran fund wahabis and shias, respectively, in Pakistan to fight each other.
better to say it this way: all American, Zionists, Golf monarchs, and Pakistan governors fund wahhabis to suppress and kill Shiahs in Pakistan and all of them are angry that Shiahs in Pakistan are connected to Iranian Shiah.

better to say it this way: all American, Zionists, Golf monarchs, and Pakistan governors fund wahhabis to suppress and kill Shiahs in Pakistan and all of them are angry that Shiahs in Pakistan are connected to Iranian Shiah.
I said both sides, though I think Saudia does more funding but Iran does too. Pakistani govt wants peace and security but they have limited resources. Shias in Pakistan are much better than shias in Iran. Most of them want to live peacefully but they think Iran as a leader which is the problem.

I said both sides, though I think Saudia does more funding but Iran does too. Pakistani govt wants peace and security but they have limited resources. Shias in Pakistan are much better than shias in Iran. Most of them want to live peacefully but they think Iran as a leader which is the problem.
That's the problem, saying both side.
have we advertized to kill a sunnis and go to heaven!! have we advertized to blow yourself among bunch of defenseless civilians and go to heaven?! Does the so called Iran's backed shiahs in pakistan want to rule Pakistan or they are defending themselves against some Wahhabi who wanna kill to the last one of them?

peace without justice is what Zionists and Israeli want too! we want "Solh" (which means peace and justice)

That's the problem, saying both side.
have we advertized to kill a sunnis and go to heaven!! have we advertized to blow yourself among bunch of defenseless civilians and go to heaven?! Does the so called Iran's backed shiahs in pakistan want to rule Pakistan or they are defending themselves against some Wahhabi who wanna kill to the last one of them?

peace without justice is what Zionists and Israeli want too! we want "Solh" (which means peace and justice)
I said that KSA has been more involved in this heinous crime. I just want peace in my country and in the rest of the middle East

Why you don't say sunnis instead of wahhabis? :)

they think Iran as a leader which is the problem.

This is your problem if you look at this as a problem!

I said that KSA has been more involved in this heinous crime. I just want peace in my country and in the rest of the middle East

If your government seek peace it gotta remove "Madares" which established and funded by Saudis .. the only outcome of them are AQ and Taliban ....
Moreover name one Shia terrorist group and meanwhile remember Bokko Haram, AQ, Taliban, ISIS, Al Shabab and ....

If your government seek peace it gotta remove "Madares" which established and funded by Saudis .. the only outcome of them are AQ and Taliban ....
Moreover name one Shia terrorist group and meanwhile remember Bokko Haram, AQ, Taliban, ISIS, Al Shabab and ....
What is AQ?

Honestly speaking, the Iran and Saudi hate is getting very low now. They both act worse than a kid and not even realizing their hatred toward each other is causing harm to the rest of Muslim countries and Muslim Umah as well. Just stop it!

Honestly speaking, the Iran and Saudi hate is getting very low now. They both act worse than a kid and not even realizing their hatred toward each other is causing harm to the rest of Muslim countries and Muslim Umah as well. Just stop it!
Exactly that's what is commented here too. They do not realise that it is hurting the whole ummah and now all the Muslims have started to hate them.

Back
Top Bottom