Reaction score
Country
India
Iran repeats it may send military forces to Pakistan
16 October 2014, 13:53 (GMT+05:00)
Iran_soldier_290609.jpg

Baku, Azerbaijan, Oct. 16

By Umid Niayesh - Trend:

The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) Deputy Commander Brigadier-General Hossein Salami has repeated that if Pakistan does not take action against Iran’s Baluchi rebels, the Islamic Republic forces may enter the neighboring country’s territory, Iranian Fars news agency reported Oct. 16.

Salami made the remarks while commenting about the recent attacks made by armed Baluchi rebels in the southeastern province of Sistan and Baluchestan.

In recent months, several armed attacks were carried out on the local police offices by extremist groups, who claim they're fighting against the Iranian government for protection of Sunni residents of the province.

Four police officers were killed in two attacks in Saravan city Oct. 8-9. Iranian officials said that some of the gunmen involved in attacks have escaped to Pakistan.

“Every country should fulfill its obligations towards its internal security as well as the security of the neighboring countries,” Salami said, adding maintaining the border security is an important common issue among the neighboring countries.

“We do not interfere in the affairs of any country, but if they do not fulfill their obligations we have to act,” the commander underlined.

Salami went on to say that “we will find rebels anywhere, even inside the neighboring countries and will take any action against them without restrictions if they do not stop their activity.”

The Islamic Republic’s interior minister, Abdolreza Rahmani Fazli said Oct. 15 that Pakistan and Afghanistan do not provide proper supervision of the common borders with Iran

Iran repeats it may send military forces to Pakistan

I hope they (the Iranians) don't. I understand their frustrations, we in the US have had similar problems with allied nations, not just Pakistan, but at this point the world needs more peace... not another conflict. Sending troops into Pakistan, something I doubt the Pakistani military or government would be took keen on endorsing, would be bad for an already strained relationship. Maybe Pakistan won't retaliate, but it certainly won't look the other way either.

Plan for war, but pray for peace and in this instance I hope Iran cools off enough to prevent irrational actions.

I hope they (the Iranians) don't. I understand their frustrations, we in the US have had similar problems with allied nations, not just Pakistan, but at this point the world needs more peace... not another conflict. Sending troops into Pakistan, something I doubt the Pakistani military or government would be took keen on endorsing, would be bad for an already strained relationship. Maybe Pakistan won't retaliate, but it certainly won't look the other way either.

Plan for war, but pray for peace and in this instance I hope Iran cools off enough to prevent irrational actions.

Iran needs to give rights to its Sunni population so they don't pick up arms against their country. Iran cannot expect Pakistan to share the burden of its failed policies towards its Sunni population. Last time when Iranian border guards were kidnapped, they were found inside Iran while Iran accused Pakistan and threatened to send soldiers to mount a rescue attempt. We want friendly relations with Iran and a joint framework for dealing with terrorism and insurgency between the two countries. However if Iran cannot shut its rhetoric and makes a mistake to invade Pakistani territory they will be given appropriate military response, which will result in embarrassment for the Iranian military. Iran should calm its rhetoric and with Pakistan to deal with terrorists who threaten both countries.

@levina

I think, they need to give their Sunni citizens their due rights so the insurgency can die down. Pakistan doesn't want to use force against Iran but if aggression is committed against us, it will result in an embarrassment for our Iranian cousins.

Iran needs to give rights to its Sunni population so they don't pick up arms against their country. Iran cannot expect Pakistan to share the burden of its failed policies towards its Sunni population. Last time when Iranian border guards were kidnapped, they were found inside Iran while Iran accused Pakistan and threatened to send soldiers to mount a rescue attempt. We want friendly relations with Iran and a joint framework for dealing with terrorism and insurgency between the two countries. However if Iran cannot shut its rhetoric and makes a mistake to invade Pakistani territory they will be given appropriate military response, which will result in embarrassment for the Iranian military. Iran should calm its rhetoric and with Pakistan to deal with terrorists who threaten both countries.

@levina

I think, they need to give their Sunni citizens their due rights so the insurgency can die down. Pakistan doesn't want to use force against Iran but if aggression is committed against us, it will result in an embarrassment for our Iranian cousins.

Absolutely, all people no matter their race, origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, etc., should have equal right... rights that all other citizens of the nation would be privy to. If Iran was to do this the insurgency would be alleviated. Still the wrong option is being exercised by both sides. Iran for perusing violence and not peace, Pakistan for tolerating armed people being hostile to Iran, even if those people are citizens of Pakistan. I couldn't image the US government being tolerant of armed groups committing violence against Canadians or Mexicans, Pakistan shouldn't be tolerant of these actions either.

Indians stirring things up by trying to get Iranian and Pakistani members to have a troll war.
why you are shooting messenger. . OP nationality got nothing to do with thread... instead of responding to the topic.. you are shooting messenger. . at least he is posting thread as it is... unlike some people here..

Absolutely, all people no matter their race, origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, etc., should have equal right... rights that all other citizens of the nation would be privy to. If Iran was to do this the insurgency would be alleviated. Still the wrong option is being exercised by both sides. Iran for perusing violence and not peace, Pakistan for tolerating armed people being hostile to Iran, even if those people are citizens of Pakistan. I couldn't image the US government being tolerant of armed groups committing violence against Canadians or Mexicans, Pakistan shouldn't be tolerant of these actions either.

Pakistan is not tolerant of anti Iranian groups. I am sure you know that CIA regularly funds Jindullah which is the group we are talking about. Jindullah was created due to the discriminatory policies of Tehran towards its Sunni population. Its not Pakistan's fault that the Iranian state has failed to enfold all of its citizens into a single national narrative.

Pakistan has cooperated with Iran on counterinsurgency in the past including arresting and handing over the leader of Jindullah. We will continue our cooperation but will not tolerate any adventurism by Iran.

Iran must stop the persecution of Sunni's in Iran and stop sending their mercenaries to other Muslim countries aiding in Sunni's massacres like in Syria as these are the main reasons whatever is happening in Iran...Stop blaming your $hit on us as we have no interest in your Mullah state...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom