What's new

Iran Readying to Fly Own Model of US RQ-170 Drone

SOHEIL

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
TEHRAN (FNA)- A senior Iranian legislator underlined the Iranian Armed Forces' capabilities to hunt down alien Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), and said the Iranian type of the US drone which was tracked and hunted down in Iran late in 2011 will have its first flight in the near future.

Iran announced on December 4, 2011 that its defense forces had downed a US RQ-170 aircraft through a sophisticated cyber attack. The drone was the first such loss by the US. US officials have described the loss of the aircraft in Iran as a setback and a fatal blow to the stealth drone program.

"The brave personnel of the Armed Forces hunted down the drone with their knowledge and science and the Americans protested immediately and called for the return of the UAV," Chairman of the parliament's National Security and Foreign Policy Commission Alaeddin Boroujerdi said in the Northern city of Rasht on Saturday night.

Iran has downed several US drones so far and Boroujerdi did not mention which one he meant, but explained, "The reverse engineering started immediately (by the Iranian experts after hunting down the US UAV) and the Iranian type of the US drone will fly in Iran's Aerospace Organization soon which shows the Islamic Republic's might and power."

Boroujerdi's remarks most likely refer to RQ-170. The drone has special coatings and a batwing shape designed to help it penetrate other nations' air defenses undetected. The existence of the aircraft, which is made by Lockheed Martin, has been known since 2009, when a model was photographed at the main US airfield in Kandahar, Afghanistan.

The unmanned surveillance plane lost by the United States in Iran was a stealth aircraft being used for secret missions by the CIA, US officials admitted in December. The aircraft is among the highly sensitive surveillance platform in the CIA's fleet that was shaped and designed to evade enemy defenses.

Iran has downed many other US drones as well, and they have always started reproducing them after conducting reverse engineering on them.

On December 4, Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Navy Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi announced that his forces had hunted a US drone over the Persian Gulf after the drone violated the country's airspace, adding that the hunted UAV was a ScanEagle drone.

http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=9202244154

if your totalitarian government hadn't chased away all the smart people to US and Europe to work for NASA, JPL and Ivy League universities, Iran would be able to produce these things from the ground up independently, instead of having to reverse engineer other people's work

If I ever see anything from Iran that flies or even fires I would believe it. Till now Iran has been a disappointment.

if your totalitarian government hadn't chased away all the smart people to US and Europe to work for NASA, JPL and Ivy League universities, Iran would be able to produce these things from the ground up independently, instead of having to reverse engineer other people's work

Try to stop your own smart people ...

you kidding me !?

Ignoring one of the most advanced drones in the world !?

producing these things independently needs more time ... & more Experience ...

if your totalitarian government hadn't chased away all the smart people to US and Europe to work for NASA, JPL, ..., most likely Iran would be able to produce these things from the ground up independently, instead of having to reverse engineer other people's work

you are naive ... first most of those smart people are western worshipers ( west economic power and their colorful cities amazed them and they can't even think about opposing western ) ....
and one of main reason that westerns countries is against Iran is that we want to use our knowledge and smartness to achieve greatness so if we succeed then they wouldn't have free access to those " smart people " any more and a technological rival would born against them ....

so they sanctioned Iran ( both economical and technological ) and now we haven't enough budget to cover all of scientists needs and worse than that , some times we need to re-invite the wheel because we can't buy it .... this is slow us in short term ...

and west have problem with Iranian scientists ... for example other countries can access to this page but I can not because they banned it for all Iranian ... and we have same problem with most of useful scientist websites as well .... most of them are banned for IRANIANS

https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/python/runtime

https://developers.google.com/

this is what I can see ...
b6fjv5wo0nqn3enmt0ho.png

and it is only some document about Python program language .... so image about high rank tech ....

I can accept that Iran might have reverse-engineered various parts of the hardware, but I don't understand how Iran could substitute similar software. Software capability is a big part of modern systems.

Still, even reverse-engineering the hardware is a big achievement, so good job.

you kidding me !?

Ignoring one of the most advanced drones in the world !?

producing these things independently needs more time ... & more Experience ...
I think you misunderstood me. Reverse engineering is not a trivial task, but my point is that it should not even be necessary for you to "copy" someone else's work, but produce it from scratch yourselves. Of course a kid within top 1000 of the Konkoor prefers to live in a free society in 2013, not a sharia state - so he/she goes to the west, which ends up as your loss. And that has nothing to do with "worshipping" @twilight.

[..] and it is only some document about Python program language .... so image about high rank tech ....

I don't like that either and it is unfortunate, but that's how the world works.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you misunderstood me. Reverse engineering is not a trivial task, but my point is that it should not even be necessary for you to "copy" someone else's work, but produce it from scratch yourselves. Of course a kid within top 1000 of the Konkoor prefers to live in a free society in 2013, not a sharia state - so he/she goes to the west, which ends up as your loss. And that has nothing to do with "worshipping" @twilight.

this isn't a political discussion ... please leave it here ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I can accept that Iran might have reverse-engineered various parts of the hardware, but I don't understand how Iran could substitute similar software. Software capability is a big part of modern systems.

Still, even reverse-engineering the hardware is a big achievement, so good job.
we have decoded data in RQ-170, so you can count on the decoded software too.

Back
Top Bottom