What's new

Iran Plans to Develop Satellite Detecting Radars

XTREME

Reaction score
A1131282.jpg

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iran plans to develop different types of radar systems with satellite detecting capabilities, a senior Iranian official announced on Tuesday.

Addressing the second conference on radar technology systems here in Tehran on Tuesday, Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi said Iran has witnessed "a jump" in the field of radar designing and manufacturing.

"Today, we have many achievements in different fields. Radars covering ranges of 500km to 700km have been manufactured and production of radar systems with 1,000km to 3,000km of range is underway," Vahidi explained.

He added that Iran is trying to develop radar systems to detect satellites, and said to do so, the radar systems are connected in phased arrangements to cover very long ranges and detect and track satellites.

Iranian officials have announced that the country has now reached self-sufficiency in producing radar systems in different frequencies and for various ranges.

In December 2010, Lieutenant Commander of Khatam ol-Anbia Air Defense Base General Hamid Arjangi told FNA that the development of the country's new generation of long-range radar systems was in final stages, and said the system would detect all flying objects within a range of 3,000 km.

"Infrastructural measures and specification of the location for these radars have already been done and the final stages of preparing these systems are underway," Arjangi said at the time.

Arjangi also said that in addition to its 3,000km range, the system is adjustable in terms of altitude based on the needs felt by any given air defense unit.

He added that the radar would monitor all aircraft flying towards Iran from distances farther than Qatar or Afghanistan.

Fars News Agency :: Iran Plans to Develop Satellite Detecting Radars

"Whoa whoa whoa whoa yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah!"

trolling aside it's really hard to believe after the ghaher-113 crisis, by the way what's the expected date of launch? And the pixegraphic resolution of the satellite? Thx.

"Whoa whoa whoa whoa yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah!"

trolling aside it's really hard to believe after the ghaher-113 crisis, by the way what's the expected date of launch? And the pixegraphic resolution of the satellite? Thx.

dun worry u will know da date soon:P

@XTREME Bro, never trust to Press Tv, I remember, once they reported that we entered syria with more than 40.000 commandos.
@Marshmallow
"I'm on Iran's side too" :P Guess we'll never forget that memory :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
@XTREME Bro, never trust to Press Tv, I remember, once they reported that we entered syria with more than 40.000 commandos.
@Marshmallow
"I'm on Iran's side too" :P Guess we'll never forget that memory :rofl:

loll soon u will forget dat u were born as turkish n ull be introducin urself as iranaian to evdrybody haha :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom