What's new

Iran Plans Aircraft Carrier Build, Major Naval Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aircraft Carriers are junk . They are only meant for Power Projection and use against unconventional enemies . Since Iran does not possess superior EW equipment , Torpedoes , Rail Guns , SAMs and they will never be able to get such equipment from outside ( just like India getting from West and Israel ) ,it will be useless and waste of money .Pakistan does not need to worry at all .Even Saudis will not be bothered . They have strongest Air force ( in term of equipment ) . Pakistan is planning keeping in mind IN which is going to have at least 2-3 ACs in future .

Aircraft Carriers are junk . They are only meant for Power Projection and use against unconventional enemies . Since Iran does not possess superior EW equipment , Torpedoes , Rail Guns , SAMs and they will never be able to get such equipment from outside ( just like India getting from West and Israel ) ,it will be useless and waste of money .Pakistan does not need to worry at all .Even Saudis will not be bothered . They have strongest Air force ( in term of equipment ) . Pakistan is planning keeping in mind IN which is going to have at least 2-3 ACs in future .
If aircraft carriers are meant for power projection, then they're not really as "junk" as you claim they are.

-----------

Anyway, I think aircraft carriers will lose their importance in the coming decades as hypersonic unmanned aircraft begin to take over the skies.

If aircraft carriers are meant for power projection, then they're not really as "junk" as you claim they are.

-----------

Anyway, I think aircraft carriers will lose their importance in the coming decades as hypersonic unmanned aircraft begin to take over the skies.
They are Junk indeed while encountering power full conventional enemies like Russia and China . but one can make good us of it on guys like ISIS and for scaring weak countries . So in this case , ACs are certainly not junk .

They are Junk indeed while encountering power full conventional enemies like Russia and China . but one can make good us of it on guys like ISIS and for scaring weak countries . So in this case , ACs are certainly not junk .
In any case, I think Iran should focus more on the aircraft industry.

Hypersonic unmanned aircraft are the future. The Russians, Chinese, and Japanese are currently working on the development of hypersonic military aircraft that will render aircraft carriers obsolete in the coming decades.

In any case, I think Iran should focus more on the aircraft industry.

Hypersonic unmanned aircraft are the future. The Russians, Chinese, and Japanese are currently working on the development of hypersonic military aircraft that will render aircraft carriers obsolete in the coming decades.

Laser are there to detect and shoot them !

Good For Iran ... :cheers:

but my personal Opinion would be that first Iran must try to Build a big Surface Fleet with Frigates and Heavy Destroyers alone with 10-15 AIP Conventional Subs armed with CM , and than go for Air Craft Carriers ..
A/C required Proper Protection from Frigates , DDG's , and Sub Fleet and much more , a Single A/C will be no Good for Iran .

But these aircraft can fire at their targets from a very long distance. We're talking thousands of miles away.

Laser defense can track and shoot even a small sized target at high speeds.

Laser defense can track and shoot even a small sized target at high speeds.
Anyway, my point was that Iran should focus on other things before it thinks about amassing aircraft carriers.

First and foremost, Iran needs to modernize its air force. There's no point having an aircraft carrier when your air force consists of old and useless fighter jets.

doesnt sound ideal for Saudi Arabia and Pakistan if Iran gets an aircraft carrier

Why you bring Pakistan in this?? Why Pakistan have to worry about it?? Both countries have decent relations and also Gawadar will have TF-88 and PLAN for protection.

Iran is warming up with Pakistan and willing to join CPEC, ready to re-negotiate gas price of Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline, which could end up in China as China is interested in it, also offering electricity and ToT in auto industry.

False news
Aircraft carriers are useless for Iran

This would be a serious EPC challenge for Iran and if sucessfull will alter the balance of gulf..

Great to have such plans. However, such plans will not come to fruition for at least another 1-2 decades. But it's important for them to start working towards them from now!
Iran should start to build a helicopter carrier and then move onto larger.

The heavier submarines should not take anywhere near the time as Iran already has experience in indigenous submarine developments such as Fateh and Besat.

I would say that's what they mean by Aircraft carrier! Mainly for carrying Helo's & probably UAV's & UUV not fighter jets!
With the advancements of UAV's & LACM's traditional Aircraft Carriers are becoming I wouldn't say obsolete but less important! And they'll be of even lesser value 10 years from now than they are today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom