What's new

Iran Mounts New Radar Systems on Fighter Jets

AZADPAKISTAN2009

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Iran Mounts New Radar Systems on Fighter Jets

TEHRAN (FNA)- A senior Iranian commander announced here on Monday that the country's Air Force has equipped all its fighter jets with new radar systems and electronic devices to improve their performance in night operations.

"New electronic and radar systems have been used by the Air Force for night flights," General Amir Hossein Chitforoush told FNA.

Chitforoush further explained that night flights, combats and bombardments are carried out in absolute darkness and merely with the help of highly advanced radar systems, thus, to conduct night flights and bombardment, the country's fighter jets should still be equipped with more upgraded equipment and systems.

Iran in February announced self-sufficiency in the production of radars with a senior Iranian commander stressing that Tehran is now able to produce all types of radars by itself.

"We have the honor to announce that we have reached full self-sufficiency in the production of different types of the needed radars with different ranges and frequency bands," Commander of Khatam ol-Anbia Air Defense Base Brigadier General Ahmad Miqani said.

Malaysian fighter jet engine stolen from airbase
(AFP) – Dec 20, 2009

KUALA LUMPUR — Malaysia will take action against air force personnel involved in the theft of a 14.5-million-dollar fighter jet engine sold to a South American company, according to reports Sunday.

Defence Minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said the company hired an agent to take the 50-million-ringgit engine out of the country from a military airbase, the Star newspaper and national news agency Bernama reported.
ALeqM5gBWiOeocT6y50ZCLX1sTz1WRKYxw

Huge demand for a engine in black market these days ... I wonder ... who would pay top dollars for such a engine to reverse engineer the tom cats

Their air force is in shambles good luck bringing it up to par with any regional power.

Their air force is in shambles good luck bringing it up to par with any regional power.

We should be careful with undermining Iran, their homegrown fighters are something akin to upgraded F4 Phantoms which the Turkish air force still use.

India is helping them with smuggled Russian radars. They alter the paint and claim it as their own.

Any sources for this, or is it a freak transmission plucked out of the air of the Land of Soyuz?

Any sources for this, or is it a freak transmission plucked out of the air of the Land of Soyuz?

Well the Russian Spy agency , ramdomly picked a telephone conversation , and in that the indian person said , "Work is done"

So THAT CONCLUDES beyond doubt that India is involed in engine smuggling :coffee:

And Indian navy is also involved in that

Well the Russian Spy agency , ramdomly picked a telephone conversation , and in that the indian person said , "Work is done"

So THAT CONCLUDES beyond doubt that India is involed in engine smuggling :coffee:

:rofl::rofl: how credible

We should be careful with undermining Iran, their homegrown fighters are something akin to upgraded F4 Phantoms which the Turkish air force still use.

Negative. Terminators are highly upgraded with 4th gen technology for deep strike roles. They use a EL/M-2032 radar that have advanced SAR mapping techonology and a range of 150km. Plus they have a whole suite of weapons integrated including AGM-142 Popeye/Have Nap integration, Litening-II targeting pods, AGM-65D/G Maverick, AGM-88 HARM, GBU-8 HOBOS, GBU-10/12 Paveway II LGBs.

What exactly does Iran have that can match this ? Let alone our F-16 fleet of 216 aircraft that will go CCIP 50+ standard by 2012 ?

Yes they broadcast this conversation on radio with bollywood movie song ..................:lol::lol:

Really? :lol:

Explain please, last time i heard Iranians even made a 5th Gen :lol:

Going by the aircraft they've flown and what they have stated many times themselves. If their air force was non existent Iran would not be unscathed up till now. Israel already blames Iran for arming Hezbollah and Israel had no problem blowing up Lebanon not so long ago.

Look, this is the issue i have with Iran defense news and industry. Everytime they say they made something instead of releasing the facts like our defense industry does they usually fail to release specs on almost everything.They don't say exactly what these so called "upgrade" parts are and also end up glorifying/exaggerating to death something that turns out to be reverse engineered out of 1970. Till they start actually telling the truth instead of the "Great Satan" nonsense i will roll my eyes everytime something comes out of Iran.

India is helping them with smuggled Russian radars. They alter the paint and claim it as their own.

Hey Buddy, I got Your Mouth once again, India Smuggles Russian Radar??... My Dear Neighbor, While Pretending to be a Russian, You Must Also Talk sensible Like them...... What do You mean By ""Paint the Radar and claim it as there Own???"""

Back
Top Bottom