What's new

Iran mass producing anti-ship missiles: Guards

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

Iran is mass producing a ballistic missile which can travel at more than three times the speed of sound and hit targets on the high seas, a top commander said today.

Commander Mohammad Ali Jafari, who heads the elite military force, the Revolutionary Guards, said the missile had a range of 300 kilometres.

"Iran is mass producing a smart ballistic missile for sea targets with a speed three times more than the speed of sound," Jafari was quoted as saying by state news agency IRNA.

He said the missile was "undetectable and can't be neutralised by enemies," without specifying the name. "It has very high precision in destroying targets," Jafari added.

"As the enemy's threats will likely come from the sea, air and by missiles, the Guards have been equipped with capabilities to neutralise the enemy's advanced technology," he said, according to another Iranian news agency, ISNA.

Iran's missile and space programmes have sparked concern in the West that such advanced technologies, combined with the nuclear know-how which the nation is acquiring, may enable Tehran to produce an atomic weapon.

Tehran denies its nuclear programme has military aims.

Jafari's remarks come as Iran holds celebrations to mark the 32nd anniversary of its Islamic revolution which toppled the US-backed shah.

Iran uses the run-up to the February 11 anniversary to tout its scientific and technological achievements.

Iran has a habbit of boasting. I do not doubt they made the missile, but mass production? Iran needs to understand that Gulf needs to be peaceful and threats on a weekly basis will not make Iran secure.

Stupid mullahs need to think.

Bad news for Zionist regime & the 5th & 6th fleet, positioned in Pierson Gulf & Mediterranean sea. :sniper:

Iran has habbit of floating such news don't they? First we were hearing on daily bases about indigenous fighters but later we came to know that the fighter they were referring was not more than a modified form of F-5 ,which was modified with twin tails ,then rumors were floating regarding UCAV which never surfaced then there were news coming out about 5th generation aircraft and the fate of that was same like the previous ones .

I wish they do well in defence field and start producing decent equipment but coming up with bogus claims or poor quality stuff will not work for them neither politically nor strategically

They are in a kind of circle ,everyone is surrounding them may it be Israel,US ,Middle east or anyother western countries so even if they are building something they should kept it secret in order to surprise there enemies if time ever comes

Hope its not another propaganda spread by Iranian army,and if true then its really a remarkable achievement.

well i have seen Iran boasting of many unbeleivable things...

I saw news that they will launch human into space in 2011 and a brand new fighter jet,some new frigates,and submarines and ballistic missiles,now anti-ship missiles,
are these for real??

how they made these in just 5 years or so...??

Iran is mass producing a ballistic missile which can travel at more than three times the speed of sound and hit targets on the high seas, a top commander said today.

Commander Mohammad Ali Jafari, who heads the elite military force, the Revolutionary Guards, said the missile had a range of 300 kilometres.

"Iran is mass producing a smart ballistic missile for sea targets with a speed three times more than the speed of sound," Jafari was quoted as saying by state news agency IRNA.

He said the missile was "undetectable and can't be neutralised by enemies," without specifying the name. "It has very high precision in destroying targets," Jafari added.

"As the enemy's threats will likely come from the sea, air and by missiles, the Guards have been equipped with capabilities to neutralise the enemy's advanced technology," he said, according to another Iranian news agency, ISNA.

Iran's missile and space programmes have sparked concern in the West that such advanced technologies, combined with the nuclear know-how which the nation is acquiring, may enable Tehran to produce an atomic weapon.

Tehran denies its nuclear programme has military aims.

Jafari's remarks come as Iran holds celebrations to mark the 32nd anniversary of its Islamic revolution which toppled the US-backed shah.

Iran uses the run-up to the February 11 anniversary to tout its scientific and technological achievements.

this is funny,should i laugh out from my @$$..
ballistic missile launched from land will travel at speed of mach 3 and hits targets at high seas....

has even USA made a Supersonic missile..or are they dreaming of Brahmos missile...?

this is confusin...:lol:

Iran has a habbit of boasting. I do not doubt they made the missile, but mass production? Iran needs to understand that Gulf needs to be peaceful and threats on a weekly basis will not make Iran secure.

Stupid mullahs need to think.

oy wahabi lover, "the gulf" countries make weekly deals with the yankees and Europeans. There are tons of Euro and American bases in these "gulf" countries. The Americans are present in the "gulf."

You ignored all that and picked on Iran's sole announcement regarding a missile?
What are you, a Wahabi or a white washed slave?

well i have seen Iran boasting of many unbeleivable things...

I saw news that they will launch human into space in 2011 and a brand new fighter jet,some new frigates,and submarines and ballistic missiles,now anti-ship missiles,
are these for real??

how they made these in just 5 years or so...??

source?
don't be an idiot

pics
1_8911181144_L600.jpg

2_8911181144_L600.jpg

3_8911181144_L600.jpg

4_8911181144_L600.jpg

5_8911181144_L600.jpg

6_8911181144_L600.jpg

^^^^

Neat thanks for the pics.

I think there might be some truth to the mass production idea. Since Iran is likely not going to be able to build effective counter-counter-measure technology into their missiles, another strategy would be to spam a cheap and effective anti-ship missiles in hopes of overwhelming a fleet with advance counter-measures.

this is funny,should i laugh out from my @$$..
ballistic missile launched from land will travel at speed of mach 3 and hits targets at high seas....

has even USA made a Supersonic missile..or are they dreaming of Brahmos missile...?

this is confusin...:lol:

Well of course if the Americans did not built it know one can but at the same time you mention brahmos a supersonic cruise missile this is indeed confusing?

Maybe Iran should buy 022 stealth missile boats, it is the best stealth design in the world.
Iran can use it to blockade the Hormuz Strait.

20089514265649.jpg

20081210117510.jpg

1202881527451.jpg

It seems that the missile is not very powerful, such kind of missle can't damage any large warship.

Back
Top Bottom