What's new

Iran has worlds largest Helium reserves!

Thank God I am not iranian for you to add.

I wonder which country threathened a US carrier group and than sent out a junk boat to tail it?
Yeah i remember how those 15 British sailors pissed in their pants after being captured by Iranians.And your mighty army,navy and government couldn't do a $hit about it.:whistle:
I don't think you are really from UK,you seem like a guy who sold his country for nothing and is ashamed of using it's flag.
I pity you.

Yeah i remember how those 15 British sailors pissed in their pants after being captured by Iranians.And your mighty army,navy and government couldn't do a $hit about it.:whistle:
I don't think you are really from UK,you seem like a guy who sold his country for nothing and is ashamed of using it's flag.
I pity you.

Detaining 15 soldiers is your claim to fame only bettered by taking US hostages in your country. You are the people who have sold out your country to gas bags such as AJ? You cannot even produce enough Petrol inspite of sitting on the biggest oil reserves? No wonder you have the biggest gas reserves over ground to which allows you boast with no substance to back it? :taz:

Congrats to Iranians. I am getting envious of these sanctions. I want some sanctions on Pakistan. It would seem that sanctions make a country innovate work harder self sufficient etc.
You are right in a way.....I mean look at China!!:woot:

Detaining 15 soldiers is your claim to fame only bettered by taking US hostages in your country. You are the people who have sold out your country to gas bags such as AJ? You cannot even produce enough Petrol inspite of sitting on the biggest oil reserves? No wonder you have the biggest gas reserves over ground to which allows you boast with no substance to back it? :taz:

The youngest of the British sailors held by Iran said he "cried like a baby" in his prison cell.

'Mr Bean' Sailor 'Cried Like A Baby' | Home | Sky News

You are right in a way.....I mean look at China!!:woot:

I think sanctions bring out the best in a country

BBC News - Analysis: Do economic sanctions work?

The hope was that the mix of UN and bilateral sanctions - tougher measures are already being planned by the European Union - would persuade Iran to change its mind and halt its uranium enrichment programme.

So far they don't seem to be working.

Nonetheless, since the end of the Cold War sanctions have been used much more frequently as a tool of international diplomacy.
Continue reading the main story
“Start Quote

There are very few examples where sanctions have actually succeeded”

Nicholas Burns Former US diplomat

Veteran diplomat Sir Jeremy Greenstock, Britain's ambassador to the UN between 1998 and 2003, says the fundamental reason for the popularity of sanctions is "that there is nothing else between words and military action if you want to bring pressure upon a government".

"Military action is increasingly unpopular and in many ways ineffective in a modern legitimacy-oriented world, and words don't work with hard regimes. So something in between these is necessary. What else is there?" he asks.

Sanctions are all very well, but if they are to work they must be universally applied.

And as Nicholas Burns, the most senior professional US diplomat in the Bush Administration says, as far as Iran is concerned this is just not happening.

"Many countries are effectively ignoring them or, like China, undercutting them," he says.

Indeed he argues that China has become the largest trading partner with Iran since these UN sanctions have come into effect.

"They are a very difficult and sensitive policy instrument", he concludes and, echoing Adam Roberts' view, he says "there are very few examples looking back over the last 25 to 30 years where sanctions have actually succeeded".

In many ways sanctions also have a poor track record in terms of their impact upon a country's economy.

The youngest of the British sailors held by Iran said he "cried like a baby" in his prison cell.

'Mr Bean' Sailor 'Cried Like A Baby' | Home | Sky News

I think sanctions bring out the best in a country

Crying is a human emotion unless Iranians and their fanboys here donot ever cry? End of the day US and EU said we will sanction you and we did. You said you will not let the CBG through if that happened and we sent our CBG, what did you do? Cry or stop us?

The member "Always Neutral" is an Indian by the way.

On topic: Congratulations to Iran. :cheers:
No he is Chinese :P
Iran should exploit the resources at faster rate so that the profits earned can be diverted to military expenditures .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom