What's new

Introducing - JF-17 Thunder Block - II

:bunny:

NO IFR probe still :(
Hopefully installation of prove will start by end of this year ......

I think no Block2 is operational in any squadron yet ......
The plumbing is there. You can put on the IFR probe whenever needed.

Last edited:
:bunny:

NO IFR probe still :(
Hopefully installation of prove will start by end of this year ......

I think no Block2 is operational in any squadron yet ......

Happens when you sleep at 3 and wakes up at 6 to go to office :P

All block II assigned to Kamra based 16 squadron for T&E and developing training philosophies.

Dear a contact sent me this picture and i decided to share it with you guys not realising that i will get a history lesson. :rolleyes:

Sorry, not a lesson. It was a request. Sorry.

how-to-respond-if-somebody-holds-a-gun-to-your-head.png

Last edited:
Happens when you sleep at 3 and wakes up at 6 to go to office :P
I was also in such condition......
I was looking at front landing gear and was like

"Wao, block two has two wheels in front landing gear, must be due to some surprise addition of chin hard point "

Later upon focusing I realised that it was actually angle of snap which aligned the back right landing gear exactly parallel to front landing gear...... :lol:

Look at front landing gear .......:D

IMG_20160601_192213.jpg

Some new information has been released on the current and future status of JF-17 Thunder.

The first two JF-17B dual-seat currently under production will be handed over to the PAF in December.
All aircraft will be upgraded to Block-2 standard which includes indigenous Link-17 tactical Data link, making the type network - capable with the ZDK-03 Karakoram Eagle AWACS.
The Block-2 aircraft also features expanded weapons capabilities.
Thunders modern KLJ-7V2 X-Band multi-functional Pulse-Doppler fire-control radar has ability to track 10 and engage 2 targets simultaneously (With a look up range of 110km/68 miles against a target with a 3m2 radar cross-section)
The glass cockpit is compatible with Night vision goggles.
An advanced UV -band missile approach warning system has been installed.
For precision strike it can carry different LGBs including the Chinese LT-2 or LT-3 series and even the American GBU-12.
Other options are the LS-6 GPS/INS-guided bomb.
The undisclosed Asian customer is most likely Myanmar. The $560 million contract involves an initial batch of 16 aircraft with imminent deliveries with Nigeria next in line to receive it's aircraft in early 2017.
Reportedly, Block-3 will feature a high thrust engine, AESA radar and other new sensors, full authority digital FBW and expanded weapons capabilities.

The IFR probe which appeared on the aircraft 2-29 will be the standard on all new build block-2 air frames.
The likes of Brazilian MAR-1, C-802AK and CM-400AKG are now operational with the JF-17.
Additionally KG-300G or KG-600 countermeasure pods can be carried for self protection while Chinese WMD-7 infra-red / laser designation pod is now compatible for targeting.

The IFR probe which appeared on the aircraft 2-29 will be the standard on all new build block-2 air frames.
The likes of Brazilian MAR-1, C-802AK and CM-400AKG are now operational with the JF-17.
Additionally KG-300G or KG-600 countermeasure pods can be carried for self protection while Chinese WMD-7 infra-red / laser designation pod is now compatible for targeting.
Will it also be installed on the already present JFTs which will be upgraded to Block 2?

Reportedly, Block-3 will feature a high thrust engine, AESA radar and other new sensors, full authority digital FBW

Sir does it imply we are going for a new Engine and FBW provision in roll axis too?

the most striking similarity between the JFT and tejas is that in any article regarding the capabilities of these jets too much future tense is used.

Back
Top Bottom