What's new

Intercommunity Distrust due to "historical persecution narratives"

Proud to be Pakistani

Reaction score
How is the problem between India and Pakistan primarily religion?

Since Pakistan was made in the name of Islam! ...

A no trust situation between Hindu and Muslim exists from Centuries and that is what has created these issues where one thinks that he is right and the other thinks that he is right. I donot wish to say who is right but i onlt want to say that when both are feeling that they are right they you have conflicts like between Paksitan and India.

Since i posted that Problem between Pakistan and India is religion and after that Conflicts. I meant the thinking effect the Hindus and Muslims have in this region from last centuries.

Even after 60 plus years if people hang on to the sad past, then there is nothing to say!

When will we move on?

A very sad commentary indeed!

I am proud to say that while India has a Hindu majority, it is not a Hindu country and it shall never be!

Even Nepal has declared that it is secular!

Religion only divides humanity and never unites anyone!

One has to see the woes of the world to realise the same!

Religion only divides humanity and never unites anyone!

One has to see the woes of the world to realise the same!

Not True.

If you look at history, Muslims in old times were united against aggressors

AM,

Right on the dot. Territorials disputes are the primary reason for the problem between us and the Indians. If religion were the root cause then we would have had issues with many others including the Chinese, Russians and everybody else under the sun and not Muslim.

Bringing religion into this issue actually makes the situation more convoluted.

Resolve the territorial disputes and move on. Bringing religion into this problem is like overlaying another problem on top of the existing distrust due to territorial disputes.

Blain and Agno,

The conflict arise because we and hindus have a past of disbelieve in each other. You know the history of the subcontinent and what still goes on with muslims in India. The reply by me was that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCold
The problems between india and pakistan is not because we both cannot tolerate eachothers religion but due to the still pending disputes between the two nations.

I partially disagree with you IceCold,

The problem between Pakistan and India is primarily religion, then the disputes which arose due to independence

By problem of religion i only meant the trust factor and the past history and the present attitude of Hindus towards muslims in India. I didnot mention any hatred or lack of tolerance. We can resolve these issues but our lack of trust on each other doesn't let us. And that trust lacks only because of our history with Hindus and their hatred for Muslims which normally most of the Pakistani feel (may be you and I donot but most of Pakistanis do!)

Donot tell me about Russia blain, russia holds alot of muslims and it is not a crime to be muslim and face discrimination like in India. Same is the case with China. Only India holds hatred and shows hatred towards muslims. We in Pakistan donot burn Mandirs, all Hindus are allowed to follow their religion as per the code of Islam.

Since they still continue to show their hatred by Burning Mosques and making Mandirs after demolishing mosques and lot of other discriminations faced by Muslims. How can we trust Hindus!

May be You can !

You are not understanding my point!...:confused:

The problem is Trust and only Trust!

The hatred of Hindus towards muslims!....

P2bP,

It is YOU who is not understanding.

It is you are burning with some distrust encouraing hate.

Can it!

Assalamulaykum,

Contrary to popular belief, in Islam, minorites are supposed to equal rights.
I don't want to go offtopic, but here is a link which answer "Non moslems have no rights part."

Freedom of Belief & Minority Rights in Muslim Countries - IslamonLine.net - Ask The Scholar

However this is the most important part(s):

In Islam, freedom in its general sense is a well-established fact. At a time when people were enslaved intellectually, politically, socially, religiously, and economically, Islam came to establish the freedom of belief, freedom of thought, freedom of speech, and freedom to criticize. Islam strictly forbids that people be forced to adopt a certain creed or to believe in a particular religion. Allah Almighty says: [If it had been thy Lord's Will, they would all have believed, all who are on earth; wilt thou then compel mankind, against their will, to believe?] (Yunus 10: 99) This was in the Makkan era. In the Madinan period, Allah also revealed: [Let there be no compulsion in religion: truth stands out clear from error.] (Al-Baqarah 2: 256)

There are scholars who distinguish between apostasy on a personal level, which is not punishable by death, and apostasy that is accompanied by what we call today high treason, in which case the punishment is for high treason, not for apostasy.

However, some scholars do not distinguish between the two types. The issue pertains to the way of interpreting texts in the Qur’an and the Hadith that deal with that subject. A detailed answer to this question requires many more pages and Allah willing it will be made available in the future.

As for the second question, minority rights under Muslim rule is summed up in the rule “for them (minorities) are rights like ours and on them are responsibilities like ours.”

Furthermore, the Qur’an clearly protects the freedom of belief (Al-Baqarah: 256). It also protects the right of worship and respects all places of worship (Al-Hajj: 40).

On the outreach issue, the Qur’an does not forbid engagement in respectful and peaceful dialogue with others, especially the People of the Book, provided that neither side exploit the illiteracy or dire financial need of others so as to psychologically manipulate them in the name of outreach.

In brief, Islam believes in freedom of choice. Faith itself is a choice in Islam. The Qur’an states: [No compulsion in religion…] (Al-Baqarah 2: 256). All have the freedom to practice their own faith without harassment or any kind of threat.

The history of Islam proves this very well when Muslims, Christians, and Jews lived together in dominant Islamic societies. We can contrast this to the Muslims who lived in Christian Spain when they were persecuted and prejudiced against on account of their faith.

Second, anyone has the right to choose to convert to Islam or keep practicing his faith. But once a person converts to Islam, he should practice his faith and never change it. If he changes it, it is a major sin. Whether it is punishable by Islamic law is a debatable matter among Muslim scholars. Some believe he should be punished because they count this crime as betrayal, while others say that if someone changes his faith and does not challenge the Islamic society, they consider it a private matter between him and Allah and it is not punishable by the Islamic faith according to their view. However, both opinions agree that it is a sin punishable by Allah and that it is the worst form of sin.

As for minority rights, the Shari`ah protects the rights of non-Muslims living in an Islamic society. The Islamic state has to guarantee protection for their life, property, and the places of worship. The hadith states: “Whoever harms a non-Muslim (Dhimmi ) will not enter Paradise.” (Reported by Muslim)

As for spreading any other faith in the Islamic state, non-Muslims are allowed to teach their followers about their religion, but they are not allowed to go against the mainstream of the society.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Now when I mean Islamic, It should follow Islamic law and the state of religion needs to be declared Islam.
However, nonmuslims also have their right of practicing their religion freely also.

Like, if nonmuslims are harassed in a predominantly Muslim community, how can they hear the true message of Islam? Obviously, it is important to clear up misconceptions.

However, nonmuslims need to realize that they need to abide to the laws of the land and must support the country in "hard times."

Allah Hafiz

P2bP,

It is YOU who is not understanding.

It is you are burning with some distrust encouraing hate.

Can it!

Only a true person like you can Trust people!

How can i trust a person who has a past for killing people like me------> Muslims!

Only a true person like you can Trust people!

How can i trust a person who has a past for killing people like me------> Muslims!

If I have killed, then it is in a war.

In a war, none knows what is the religion or rank or whatever when he goes into action. He does it for his country. Religion as far as we are concerned is the last thing on the mind. The misson is! I reckon that is what is the bottomline for most armies and soldiers.

I am not too sure about Pakistan, but maybe they also throw in a bit of religion into the stuff.

Because India is a mixed bag, our trust quotient maybe higher since religion is not such a big deal!

I have met Pakistanis who too do not make a song and a dance over religion. Surprising, is it not so?

I feel that those who are not too sure of themselves are the ones who make a song and dance over religion and identity. The insecurity of their being shows!

If I have killed, then it is in a war.

In a war, none knows what is the religion or rank or whatever when he goes into action. He does it for his country. Religion as far as we are concerned is the last thing on the mind. The misson is! I reckon that is what is the bottomline for most armies and soldiers.

I am not too sure about Pakistan, but maybe they also throw in a bit of religion into the stuff.

Because India is a mixed bag, our trust quotient maybe higher since religion is not such a big deal!

I have met Pakistanis who too do not make a song and a dance over religion. Surprising, is it not so?

I feel that those who are not too sure of themselves are the ones who make a song and dance over religion and identity. The insecurity of their being shows!

Not only in War!

Consider this that majority of Muslims (who know Islam) and people of Pakistan want a good relationship with every Religion and Country but the only problem is that the other religions and Countries like India have not been fair to us from day one and now how can one trust them!

We have not killed other religions except in war!

But for you and others not killing without being in war.... Disgusting lies and only lies!

As for Insecurity....... Muslims (true Believers) are not afraid of Death!

You and your floks are unsecure!

Not only in War!

Consider this that majority of Muslims (who know Islam) and people of Pakistan want a good relationship with every Religion and Country but the only problem is that the other religions and Countries like India have not been fair to us from day one and now how can one trust them!

We have not killed other religions except in war!

But for you and others not killing without being in war.... Disgusting lies and only lies!

As for Insecurity....... Muslims (true Believers) are not afraid of Death!

You and your floks are unsecure!

Please can it and give us a break!

The reality speaks otherwise and I do not wish to go into it.

You have the same refrain that you love to indicate - that you are purer than the snow of Mount Etna and everyone else is impure and that you are the sole inheritors of this world and if that is not given, then a sacrilege has been done.

Stop whining and be upfront with reality!

What exactly do you mean by True Religion?

Have you seen God?

Has he spoken to you?

So quit hallucinating as if you are under the influence of mood elevators!

Please can it and give us a break!

The reality speaks otherwise and I do not wish to go into it.

You have the same refrain that you love to indicate - that you are purer than the snow of Mount Etna and everyone else is impure and that you are the sole inheritors of this world and if that is not given, then a sacrilege has been done.

Stop whining and be upfront with reality!

What exactly do you mean by True Religion?

Have you seen God?

Has he spoken to you?

So quit hallucinating as if you are under the influence of mood elevators!

Your understanding is like you religion!

Hollow!

Take a hike.... Thats your break!.......

What a damned fool you are.

I have no religion, old boy.

I am not the type who can be brainwashed in things that he has not seen!

Religion?

Have you seen God?

Hollow is it?

Do I believe in Fairy Tales?

Back
Top Bottom