What's new

INS Kamorta India’s first Stealth Anti-Submarine Warfare Corvette to be Commissioned tomorrow

shree835

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
13TH_KAMORTA_1998180f.jpg

The first indigenously-built stealth Anti-Submarine Warfare Corvette ‘INS Kamorta’, built by M/s Garden Reach Shipyard (GRSE), Kolkata, would be commissioned by Defence Minister Arun Jaitley at Naval Dockyard on Saturday.

Kamorta is the first of four ASW stealth corvettes designed by Indian Navy’s in-house organisation, Directorate of Naval Design (DND), and built by GRSE, a statement from the Eastern Naval Command said.

It would carry short-range Surface-to-Air missiles (SAM) and Active Towed Array Decoy System (ATDS). It can also carry an integral ASW helicopter

It will give huge boost in IN's ASW capabilities. not to forget that 3 more such ships are coming in next 16-20 months while 12 total in future.

It will give huge boost in IN's ASW capabilities. not to forget that 3 more such ships are coming in next 16-20 months while 12 total in future.
12 ??? I thought only 3 ... can I get the source please. .

13TH_KAMORTA_1998180f.jpg

The first indigenously-built stealth Anti-Submarine Warfare Corvette ‘INS Kamorta’, built by M/s Garden Reach Shipyard (GRSE), Kolkata, would be commissioned by Defence Minister Arun Jaitley at Naval Dockyard on Saturday.

Kamorta is the first of four ASW stealth corvettes designed by Indian Navy’s in-house organisation, Directorate of Naval Design (DND), and built by GRSE, a statement from the Eastern Naval Command said.

It would carry short-range Surface-to-Air missiles (SAM) and Active Towed Array Decoy System (ATDS). It can also carry an integral ASW helicopter

I never quite understand the classification logic of the Indian Navy
I mean who calls a 3300 Ton warship capable of surface and sub surface warfare
a corvette
The ship is bigger and far more capable than the Godavari class ASW Frigate which it will replace

Yes, but i think these ships should be capable to lanch antiship missiles...... :(
They were suposed to carry 6 Klub N missiles but then some guy in the MOD thought that was a bad idea
since then, the ship would be more capable than the Talwar class

I never quite understand the classification logic of the Indian Navy
I mean who calls a 3300 Ton warship capable of surface and sub surface warfare
a corvette
The ship is bigger and far more capable than the Godavari class ASW Frigate which it will replace

They were suposed to carry 6 Klub N missiles but then some guy in the MOD thought that was a bad idea
since then, the ship would be more capable than the Talwar class
They can still carry Klub N missiles in torpedo tubes if needed.

If 4 such ships are said to be diliverd by 2017 ,then we can also hope ''INS kavaratti'' to be launched this by year,if each ship take takes 3 years to be commissioned after its launch.

Back
Top Bottom