What's new

INS Arihant : Updates & Discussion

That's That's too low isn't it . How can she defend herself with only 6 Torpedoes . She will be the first target if we have war with China and Pakistan . They want to hunt her down . They will attack from all the sides . For a nuclear submarines less than30 to 40 is unacceptable
This class of SSBN submarines i.e. INS Arihant class will most probably operate in the Indian ocean region where we will be able to defend it very easily.PN navy will have a very hard time even locating it forget about hunting it down since most of there assests will be used to defend themselves from SSN/SSK's which will come together with the carrier battle group with a heavy punch.

As for Chinese navy,I dont think they will risk sending there surface asessts in the Indian ocean atleast not until they have two to three aircraft carriers.Dont forget that we also have a permanent aircraft carrier i.e. Andaman Nicobar Islands.

This class of SSBN submarines i.e. INS Arihant class will most probably operate in the Indian ocean region where we will be able to defend it very easily.PN navy will have a very hard time even locating it forget about hunting it down since most of there assests will be used to defend themselves from SSN/SSK's which will come together with the carrier battle group with a heavy punch.

As for Chinese navy,I dont think they will risk sending there surface asessts in the Indian ocean atleast not until they have two to three aircraft carriers.Dont forget that we also have a permanent aircraft carrier i.e. Andaman Nicobar Islands.

So which torpedoes we have selected ?

nuclea_032715115323.jpg

That's That's too low isn't it . How can she defend herself with only 6 Torpedoes . She will be the first target if we have war with China and Pakistan . They want to hunt her down . They will attack from all the sides . For a nuclear submarines less than30 to 40 is unacceptable

And what torpedoes same we using for Scorpions ? Or different one
Brother that's the no of bow tarpedoe tubes, not the total no of tarpedoes which can be reloaded in tubes while on station.

Indian Navy Chief Admiral RK Dhowan said: “We are extremely satisfied. The project is progressing very well”. He was speaking to the media on the sidelines of a naval aviation seminar.
On being asked if the project was facing any hurdles and whether there could be a definite date for the 6,000-tonne submarine to go on a ‘deterrence patrol’, the Admiral said: “There is no problem with the project. Trials of the Arihant are currently underway, but I cannot give a timeline and say what happens thereafter.”
A nuclear submarine is militarily considered to be one of the most potent second-strike platforms for retaliation to a nuclear strike. India has a no-first-use nuclear policy and a submarine of deterrence patrol can retaliate within seconds while remaining under sea.
During Cold War, the US and USSR kept their submarines on deterrence patrols — ready to fire within seconds of a nuclear strike by the adversary. Unlike conventional vessels, a nuclear-powered submarine does not need to surface for up to nearly two months in contrast to conventional submarines.
Sea trials of the Arihant started in December last year and are expected to last a few more months. The sea trials will eventually include diving trials, followed by undersea firing of nuclear-tipped missiles. The vessel, powered by an 83 Mwe pressurised water reactor, is slated for induction by 2016. Its reactor was developed by the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, with assistance from a Russian design team. It uses enriched uranium as fuel and light water as coolant and moderator. The submarine has nearly 60 per cent local content.
Once inducted, it will complete the nuclear triad, which means attaining the capability to fire nuclear missiles from land, air and sea.
On building a second seaborne aircraft carrier, Admiral Dhowan said: “We have done an approach paper on the type of carrier, its propulsion and the aircraft it will carry. The case will be taken up with the Ministry of Defence and thereafter a detailed project report will be prepared
http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/nation ... 74351.html

One thing is sure and that is IN will operate at least 3 SSNs in long run.
Bro, you are on PDF since very long but where are your mind.
Why are you make stupid comments ? to increase post count.
There are 3 SSBN already in construction excluding INS Arihant so total 4 & may be more in next two decades with new advance design.

Bro, you are on PDF since very long but where are your mind.
Why are you make stupid comments ? to increase post count.
There are 3 SSBN already in construction excluding INS Arihant so total 4 & may be more in next two decades with new advance design.

Read carefully.

I said One thing is sure and that is IN will operate at least 3 SSNs in long run.

IN will get 3 Arihant Class SSBNs and there is news that 3 more SSBNs
are being planned which will have displacement of 10,000 Ton plus.

So we can assume IN will get 9 Nuke Subs in long run.

THere are sources which say there are 4 Arihant class subs , some say 3, so I have assumed there are 3 Arihant class SSBNs.

Read carefully.

I said One thing is sure and that is IN will operate at least 3 SSNs in long run.

IN will get 3 Arihant Class SSBNs and there is news that 3 more SSBNs
are being planned which will have displacement of 10,000 Ton plus.

So we can assume IN will get 9 Nuke Subs in long run.

THere are sources which say there are 4 Arihant class subs , some say 3, so I have assumed there are 3 Arihant class SSBNs.
There would be 4 SSBN in Arihant class but Plan would be 6 SSBN with IC-SLBM are in long run.

Nope 3 in Arihant Class.

S2,S3 and S4.

Right.

But some sources say ther are 4 Arihant class subs, so it gets confusing.

If we both are right, S 5, S 6 , S 7 will be bigger SSBNs having displacemnt of over 10,000 tons.

Nope 3 in Arihant Class.

S2,S3 and S4.
If I am not wrong then INS Arihant would be like Technology Demonstrator ( but in service ) & 3 more upgraded SSBN would be constructed.

If we both are right, S 5, S 6 , S 7 will be bigger SSBNs having displacemnt of over 10,000 tons.
Definitely, S5 will be bigger class with 12 tubes.

If I am not wrong then INS Arihant would be like Technology Demonstrator ( but in service ) & 3 more upgraded SSBN would be constructed.
You are wrong.

Back
Top Bottom