What's new

Information required regarding ICTO

Khamosh.Mujahid

New Recruit

Reaction score
Assalamu-Alikum

I have gone through many posts regarding "How to join Army/Navy/PAF", "Information on ISSB" etc etc. I would like to thank all of those who are sharing their experiences with us. May Allah (SWT) bless you all.

I need some information regarding "Information & Computer Technology Officers (ICTO)", most of the forums deals with the people who want to join defence forces after doing their HSSC. So, if we are a Computer Science graduate, do we have to go through the same procedure for selection? do we have to face same pattern/exercises at ISSB? As far as i know this is a "Short Service Commission", so how much it is different from "Permanent Commission"?

Looking forward for your response.

JazakAllah!

As per forum rules please introduce yourself first in members introduction section.

Assalamu-Alikum

I have gone through many posts regarding "How to join Army/Navy/PAF", "Information on ISSB" etc etc. I would like to thank all of those who are sharing their experiences with us. May Allah (SWT) bless you all.

I need some information regarding "Information & Computer Technology Officers (ICTO)", most of the forums deals with the people who want to join defence forces after doing their HSSC. So, if we are a Computer Science graduate, do we have to go through the same procedure for selection? do we have to face same pattern/exercises at ISSB? As far as i know this is a "Short Service Commission", so how much it is different from "Permanent Commission"?

Looking forward for your response.

JazakAllah!

age qualification is one difference but I think one has to pass ISSB and the PMA trg may be truncated (less than normal)

dear members. Salam

i wanna know some info regarding induction course of PAKISTAN ARMY as ICTO officers in Corps of Signals.

i have appeared twice before ISSB after my intermediate and now i am currently doing my graduation in Software Engineering.

so my question is that can i apply for ICTO course as per using my 3rd chance? is there any 3rd chance to apply for ICTO after my graduation?

Shall wait for your valuable comments.

regrads
Syed Ali Hadi.:pakistan:

because i have heard that one can apply for army as a 3rd chance if he has completed his 16 years of educations. so i shall be completing my 16 years of education on completion of my bachlors. so can i apply in this regard?

dear members. Salam

i wanna know some info regarding induction course of PAKISTAN ARMY as ICTO officers in Corps of Signals.

i have appeared twice before ISSB after my intermediate and now i am currently doing my graduation in Software Engineering.

so my question is that can i apply for ICTO course as per using my 3rd chance? is there any 3rd chance to apply for ICTO after my graduation?

regrads
i think they said 3rd chance wil be for postgraduate.means master degree....but dnt exactly abt that....in army website they was saying telecom engineers can also apply for this but in real advertise there is only software engineering...the army reacruit centres are really full of dumb personals..:hitwall:

dear members. Salam

regrads
i think you need to get your graduation degree first n then apply, but someone told me that if you have used your earlier 2 chances in intermediate then you can only apply after doing masters.... the best deal will be to go to the selection center n seek information.. but hurry as i doubt 16th will be the last date for registeration

in the 1st batch of ICTOs (male) they asked for plenty of fields, there were networking, software, telecommunication and eve electrical graduates... but this time they are looking forward to only the software development guys

btw i was selected in the 1st ICTO batch but was late to join PMA so InshaAllah will be going there in may!!! hope to see you there :)

i think you need to get your graduation degree first n then apply, but someone told me that if you have used your earlier 2 chances in intermediate then you can only apply after doing masters.... the best deal will be to go to the selection center n seek information.. but hurry as i doubt 16th will be the last date for registeration

in the 1st batch of ICTOs (male) they asked for plenty of fields, there were networking, software, telecommunication and eve electrical graduates... but this time they are looking forward to only the software development guys

btw i was selected in the 1st ICTO batch but was late to join PMA so InshaAllah will be going there in may!!! hope to see you there :)

well i was told and it is written there also that you need to complete your 16 years education. a Software engineering degree is of 4 years after fsc so it is 16 years in totality.

that is why i was asking.

secondly wat my perception is that post graduation is for those who have done BCS and MCS because both are of 2 years course and in this way they complete their 16 years education but i am completing it with ma bachlors degree as 16 years, so that is why i was asking.

means that those earning a degree of 4 years hey can apply to this course or not????

last time there was ISSB also for this course in kohat but i guess this time they have finished it...

well i was told and it is written there also that you need to complete your 16 years education. a Software engineering degree is of 4 years after fsc so it is 16 years in totality.

that is why i was asking.

secondly wat my perception is that post graduation is for those who have done BCS and MCS because both are of 2 years course and in this way they complete their 16 years education but i am completing it with ma bachlors degree as 16 years, so that is why i was asking.

means that those earning a degree of 4 years hey can apply to this course or not????

yeah after earning your 'hons' graduation you have completed your 16 yrs at university!!!

and yes they can apply!!!

but as you said that you have appeared twice in front of ISSB after doing your intermediate and the website says

Candidates rejected twice by ISSB for under graduate courses are eligible for third chance if they have attained post graduate degree.

last time there was ISSB also for this course in kohat but i guess this time they have finished it...
yes there wasnt issb just in kohat but in the other issb centers as well, they have taken out issb because the interviewers have the very basic technical knowledge and they reject alot of guys who are technically very strong... btw were you at kohat?? during which dates?

Back
Top Bottom